Thank you very Much and God bless you real good. bugleweed Thank you!! Goldenseal and Echinacea. 1.Medlar It increases radiance and produces anti-ageing effects. Sir, We appreciate your work. | by NgEX. 1.wheatgrass Lawsonia inermis henna, cypress shrub, egyptian privet, alkanna laali in yoruba, uhie inine in Igbo. Hello, Ruby! Please whats the name of Ewe Efinrin in English language. Grape is girepu, pear is pa, avocados are afokado, banana is gd ww? hydroxsitetrametil. The bark, leaves, and seeds are used to make medicine. Home remedies for pimples there is a lot to write. Hello, Shola. Please what is cummin in yoruba language and where can it be found, Good job. In Yoruba, it is also known as Dongoyaro. Below are some of the popular Yoruba herbs, their English names, and uses. Lying bitches! The tender neem leaves is also cooked and stir-fried; and used as a curry. Sadhguru: Neem is a very unique tree and neem leaves are the most complex leaves on the planet.The neem tree has over 130 different biologically active compounds, and the neem leaf is one of the most complex leaves you can find on the planet. In reading through this trail of requests and responses l extend appreciation to the author named. The woman has helped you dindinrin by putting her picture on the page gbagada-gbagada! Licorice is omisimisi. Indian almond leaves and and stem bark will boost your immune system. Pls what is the English or botanical name for Epo aganho or agano tree back, What is the yoruba name for mashmallow seed. Fresh Neem Leaves and Chewing Sticks (Margosa or Azadirachta Indica Leaves) - 30 Stems with 150 to 210 organic natural leaves with 5 Fresh Neem Chewing Sticks. Pumpkin in yoruba is ponkin, beans are ewa and tomatoes are tomati. pls what is the Yoruba name for Goldenseal root. Hello, Raji. Re: Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants by tpia5: 3:10am On Jul 01, 2013. The health benefits of neem in treating various ailments are well-known. Browse 212 neem leaf stock illustrations and vector graphics available royalty-free, or search for neem leaf isolated or neem leaf vector to find more great stock images and vector art. They also contain the minerals calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C and carotene. Somebody who knows all these should make a website only about yoruba medicine, it would be a success. The Yoruba name for ginger is ata ile while turmeric is called ata ile pup a because of its bright colour. Ewe odundun (Kalanchoe Crenata) Tenks for d good work dear jorjette cmore grace to ur elbow.. pls wat is the Yoruba name for saw palmetto and wild yam leave? Neem has antimicrobial effects and may . Fenugreek ewedu in yoruba, hulba in Hausa, Black pepper iyere in Yoruba, Oziza in igbo, Thorny pigweed/prickly amaranth tete eleegun in yoruba, Butryospermum paradoxum Shea tree Ori, Capsicum frutescens Tabasco pepper Ata-wewe. Big thanks to the author. this is a wonderful research work. Thank you. pls what is the English name for Ewe abeyin so. Please how is Bay leaf called in Yoruba? please, I need the scientific name of the following plants Talk of the ultimate mystery? Please is there any cure herpes? Hi everyone. Depending on your browser you will need to Yoruba Healing Diabetes. this is rich, kindly keep it up, I also thank for your positive feedback! Please whats marshmallow root in yoruba or igbo ? Find names, words, proverbs, jokes, slangs in Nigerian languages, and their meaning. Thanks in advance. Hello, my dear bee. Yoruba names for herbs, fertility herbs, Plants & Spices. The kidney beans or Phaseolus vulgaris is known in yoruba language as awuje. We still need more. Generally, at temperature below 4C leaf shedding and death may occur. Keep the good work please. Thanks real big Or Ad a gb yn oooo. Neem Leaves Powder 2250mg with Tulsi, Guduchi ,120 Capsules | Support Immune System, Liver Function | Non-GMO Vegan Gluten Free Fresh Pure Leaf Herbs | Promotes Skin Health, Antioxidants Supplements. Echinacea might be agumo or asofeyeje in Yoruba. Coriander aka Cilantro or Chinese parsley is Lansir in Hausa, Ewedu in yoruba, mirinder in Nigeria. Please how does one treat someone that is afflicted by eta in Yoruba parlance? Anti-ageing: Neem oil is extremely nourishing and can be added to your face packs. You should encourage folks to do better not just criticize without a reasonable contribution. In treating diseases caused by angry gods, sacrifices may be made to the god in question, but special care must be taken not to make other gods jealous in the process. astragalus Antidesma venosum Neem is one ideal for curing bacterial diseases, asthma, ulcers, diabetes, leprosy and malaria. 70-72) by A.D.K. Yoruba - Osan wewe. Please which plant is Green Gold and the botanical name is (Tribulus terrestris) some called it Gokshura, Your Message* plssss I need to know the Yoruba name for sandalwood. What is best herbs treatment for epilepsy, .my daughter of 15yrs just started it 7yrs ago. 98 ($0.13/Count) Yoruba names for herbs and plants Nigerian medicine. What is the Yoruba name for rosemary plant. For examples I had this problem with my face cystic acnee. Fenugreek i do not know, but mistletoe is Afomo. Allium sativum -Garlic - Ayu in yoruba. The Yoruba name for beet root is Isu Dandan or Alubosa Eleje the Onion that gives forth blood. You now following I appriciate every effort it took to put all these together and hope the mother earth see all. cascara sagrada. please what is yoruba name of MACA(lepidium meyenii) thats the scientific namepls help out. Pls can u help me with the english names of Alukurogbaja plant , Osomolupa plant and Opipi omi plant, Am so excited to be a life and withness this great adeal that you are given to us may almighty God bless you very much is mr chima friday, I give you 3 Kudos and gbosa for your effort s. Thanking you so much for the research, You are blessed in Jesus. I also thank you for your kindness and for your help!! It is a medicinal plant good for high blood pressure, it is anti diuretic, antibacterial, contains relaxing agent, it is good for dengue fever, for asthma and bronchitis, for skin problems and erectile problems. Ginger or Zingiber officinale is Jinja, Atale in yoruba. I will sincerely appreciate your reply thank you. chamomile skin neem, (Azadirachta indica), also called nim or margosa, fast-growing tree of the mahogany family (Meliaceae), valued as a medicinal plant, as a source of organic pesticides, and for its timber. Share photos and translations, record pronunciations, make friends. This plant its good for eyes problems and stomachache. Neem leaves are the green, oval-shaped leaves of the neem tree, also known as Azadirachta indica, neem, nimtree, or Indian lilac, which is native to India. The yoruba name for lemon is san ww and for orange is orombo. I wonder if you can help me and translate for me, what is the english name or equivalent for the oriji leaf, and also olusesaju leaves. Ase! Please, what is the Yoruba name for Black seed & Licorice root? This is highly commendable, thank you for putting all these together. Love ds site,one would feel he or she is d only one out there until one sees ds kind of place. LIME CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA. thanks, Hello friends of the Earth, i appriciate you recognise our native and traditional way of healing as Africans and more importantly as Yorubas, if any body need help and advise about healing on our African herbs, root, stem e.t.c, on the uses, preparation, and health benefit and also how to source for the authentic herbs that will work just as our great ground father do it. Flaix seed Another important text is the Awakaiye, The Fruit of Universal Knowledge. Physic nut, termite plant, Barbados nut, fig nut eto-mkpo, Monodora myristica abo lakoshe, arigho, eyinaghose. Rosemary I try to live a healthy natural lifestyle and to stay connected with Mother Nature. Spinach in Yoruba - Efo tete. People are blind and dont want to see what it is in front of them, thy see only what is in their mind. What is the Yoruba name for Terminalia macroptera? Garlic is ajo, lettuce is letusi, olives are olifu. Its very very educative & encouraging. Lico rice is oju olongbo red and black in color, Adupe lopolopo for the effort here and the presentation.I trust that your presentation would have perked the interest of many in Yoruba pharmacology. Some of you Yoruba parents even made it an offense for your children or wards to speak Yoruba in your household. It is known as 'Efirin' in Yoruba, 'Ahuju' or 'Nchanwu' in Igbo, 'Ganyen Kamsh' or 'Doddo Ya' in . Bryophyllum pinnatum Air Plant, Life Plant, Zingiber officinale Ginger Jinja, Atale in yoruba, Khaya grandifoliola, K. senegalensis, K. ivorensis Oganwo, Lippia multiflora Efirin-gogoro, Efirin-oko, Jatropha gossypifolia cotton-leaf physicnut- Botuje pupa, Jatropha multifida coral plant, physic nut or Guatemala rhubarb Ogege, Cymbopogon citratus lemon grass- Kooko-oba, Catharanthus roseus -Madagascar rosy periwinkle Apabida pupa, Lawsonia inermis Henna plant Laali, Lali, Phyllanthus amarus stonebreaker or seed-under-leaf- Eyin-olobe, Mangifera indica Mango Mangoro in yoruba, Erythophleum suaveolens Erun obo, Olu-obo, Telfaria occidentalis Fluted gourd Ugwu, Zanthoxylum zanthoxyloides Senegal prickly-ash or artar root Orin ata, Acalypha wilkesiana Jiwini, Ewe larapupa, Azadirachta indica Neem, Nimtree or Indian Lilac Dongoyaro, Aloe barteri Eti-erin, Ida-egun, Ida-orisa, Ageratum conyzoides Billygoat-weed, Chick weed, Goatweed, Whiteweed Imi-esu, Abrus precatorius -jequirity, Crabs eye, rosary pea, precatory pea or bean, John Crow. Jorjette.. Igi nla / OKOUKOBAKA aubrevielleui is also called Igi ASE., and you can order it from the Homeopathic section of your Pharmacy as a TINCTURE. It seems that Terminalia macroptera is called idi in yoruba language. It has varieties of uses which I will endeavour to mention a few: Pls kindly tell me the yoruba or igbo name for ipomoea jalapa. Hello, Yemisi. Does fenugreek increase oestrogen or testosterone? Skin health: Neem is rich in fatty acids, including oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linoleic acids. I took my time out and actually read everything on this page. :). diemza, You now following Thank you very much for your help! Onion is alubsa, peppers are ata, potatoes are anamo. Good afternoon admin, please what is the name of cinnamon in Yoruba. They thought it was a cameramans error and returned to Nasarawa State to take more pictures but the villagers hinted that the earlier fate would befall the new set of pictures unless sacrifices were made to the tree! It is rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron and folic acid which makes it highly nutritious. VerbenaVerbena officinalisVerbenaEwe Orukan, Yemaya. Relevant information might include strained relations with family or neighbors who might have deliberately or unwittingly put a curse on the patient. Your efforts is highly commended, kudos. You should build your confidence first and try to find all the limits your mind has. However, neem extracts are rapidly 'destroyed' when exposed to sunlight (UV, ultra-violet rays), which means they will loose their efficacy. pls what is the Botanical and yoruba name for Fenugreek For great hair: Take some neem oil and rub it into the scalp, leave it in for a while and wash. Neem oil can strengthen your hair, prevent hair fall and treat dandruff. I am looking for the yourba name for senna leave (senna augustifola), anyone with an answer? Boil a cup of neem leaves in water till the leaves are soft and discoloured and the water turns green. The English name for Ebolo vegetable is Yoruban bologi. Thanks. Please which herbs can we use for unblocking blocked fallopian tubes, Pls what can I use to cure hormone imbalance. The answer is coming in a text I found on internet and its sound like this: Thus, the Odu specifies the healing processes. 4.2 4.2 out of 5 stars (10) $29.32 $ 29. Some of youre irritatingly repetitive. Anita, Please what do yoruba called comfrey(knite-bone)Or what it called in any nigeria language.I can even pay for it. . Yoruba word for zobo is Isapa/ Isapa pupa, Impressive jobs here! Thanks. Nnchanwu is ogbo and zobo is hausa so is a lot of the other herb names from other tribes. Tnx fr help us out, pls wat is the yoruba name fr Black Cohosh? God will grant you more wisdom & strengthen you. Cumin Now, we shall be moving to the health benefits of Margosa or neem leaves. Love your site. What are the Yoruba names for the following herbs and plants below: What is fennel seed called in yoruba language. But its considered a taboo here and can be easily labeled a babalawo just because you want to maintain good health. Ewe ela Pumpkin in yoruba is ponkin, beans are ewa and tomatoes are tomati? Lavander in yoruba is oruko ewko kan. please what is the name of Lavender oil in Yoruba Cant you see that 99.9% of her work on this page is focused on Yoruba culture and language? Ayurveda Herb template. Copious thanks and more power to your elbow. No heavy metals. Please inform need the meaning of these words in yoruba and hausa; Thanks for all this wonderful information, more greater achievement. GiftNkechi, You now following Science and botany in our school days. 8. 6. name of sweet leaves. neem leaf in yoruba. Antidesma rufescens As you probably observed, I do not know yoruba language and my answers are based on research, so I answer only what I am able to. If you are referring to Nigella Sativa which is popularly called black seed or black cummin. 3. Syzygium aromaticum or Clove is konofuru. I have learned so much from this site pls am a natural skin care expert and iIneed yoruba name for for licorice extract, thank sooooo very much, Please what is the Yoruba name for licorice powder? Skin and Blood. However, I think that okoubisi is probably a misprint for okuobisi since the source for this name is given as Hardie (see below). Lavander in yoruba is oruko ewko kan. Calendula officinalis pot marigold is Ododo-Maria in yoruba. Do you mean the root of Ipomoea jalapa or Ipomoea purga which is known as High John the Conqueror root or as Mexican jalap root? Cinnamon is known as igi didun or agbayunkun, Pls what is the local name for Oregano leaf/plant, please what is the Yoruba meaning of kidney stone. It is called Uziza in Igbo and Ata iyere in Yoruba. No artificial colours or preservation added. 4. erun sikiti Checkout some common Yoruba herbs and their uses. What is the English name for RINRIN, a very small edible vegetable plant with shiny small leaves and many long, thin stalks bearing seeds. 4. We were discussing the Baobab tree and its very rich resources. Gosh!!!!!!????? to exercise regularly, to reduce the stress. Hope it helps. Hello! Make friends, share videos & photos, record pronunciations and listen to the meaning of words in Nigerian languages and English. English Name: Fluted Pumpkin Leaves Local Name: Ugu (Igbo), kabewa (Hausa) Botanical Name: Telfairia Occidentalis. May G-d Almighty grant you more blessing.Amen, please help me with this herbs name in yoruba or igbo any one: Yoruba name for periwinkle flower please. Neem juice is a well know thing for overall health. What is the Yoruba name for mustard seed powder. Lolzzzz. Turmeric belongs to the ginger family. Pls its so urgent. 5. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2011 - 2023 EgoFelix Magazine. Pls kindly help with dis plant in Yoruba language, I want to get dem. Cherry in yoruba is Agbalumo. Use neem leaf powder or supplements to reap the benefits. I will be very grateful if you can get back to me because have used many herbs and Drugs. What is the name of ashwagandha plant in yoruba. Igbagba Leptoderia brachyptera Please i need a trutful answer. Cant you see that this woman is interested only in Yoruba language? Capsicum frutescens - Tabasco pepper - Ata-wewe. The advice of the balabwo is essential to ensure that the correct procedures are followed. Strain and let it cold. Lets join this wonderful author to bring back nature and ancient ways of healthy living back to Africa NIGERIA ESPECAILLY. Hausa - Lemu. It can survive hot temperatures (reportedly up to 50C), but does not tolerate frost or extended cold, although there are some reports of neem trees surviving light frost. The tree is said to prevent any undergrowth forming beneath it although some species are immune to the effect. All the names of herbs and plants in yoruba language. hunter: the reckoning wayward edges eagle shield reviews neem leaf in yoruba. a very good job, God bless you real Good. I would appreciate it if you answer my question, thanks, Please what is Slippery Elm plant in Yoruba. Hardie was informed by the nursery headman (Joseph Iruwa) at Sapoba that J.D Kennedy knew of okuobisi and was well aware of it reputation. Sweet potato oduku, anamo, edumsi, kukundunkun, Colocasia esculenta taro, dasheen ikoko, kok, isu koko, koko, koko funfun, Cyper esculentus chufa, rushnut, earth almond ofio, ofio omu, imumu ofio omu, erunsha, Dioscorea alata water yam, common yam ewura duduku, kiamfa, arunfanfan, atti, egbodo. The yoruba name of the dandelion leaf can be r eku! Uziza (piper guineense) is an African Plant of which two parts are used: leaves and seed. 4: sea horse Thanks for the information. Vegan and Gluten-Free. Hello Admin, What is the name of this following herbs. Thank you very much. 120 Count (Pack of 1) 4.6 out of 5 stars 665. You will also find a section containing common Yoruba herbs for fertility. Hello, Keji! Bitter melon or Momordica charantia is Ejinrin were or ewe were in yoruba language. Epo Jebo And make vaginal douches. It is called Dongoyaro in Yoruba. I would like to know the scientific name of the plant ure (popular name) connected with the god Ogun. Neem leaf is used for leprosy, eye disorders, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), fever, diabetes, gum disease (gingivitis), and liver problems. I really need your help sir what is the English name of ewe Jogbo pls sir,this is my mail Sodiqolatunde1@gmail.com, Yoruba name of those following Is Agba herb seed available in Nigeria ?? Neem leaf branch, flowers and pods. So i will just keep quiet. i have never heard it called hulba, and i was born and bred in the north, This is awesome, more grease to your elbow, please madam, what is hawthorn berry in Yoruba and can it be found in Nigeria. Dandelion is foreign we dont have it in Nigeria but the closest we have is wild lettuce. Some herbs in yoruba language: Basil plant - Nchanwu in Yoruba; Hibiscus plant - Zobo; . God bless ur effort and be well. Pls what is the natural ways/herbs for treating glaucoma and pterygium? Neem leaf. Thanks, Thump up Where can we get it ? And, to you Yibos, who continue to badger the woman for names of herbs and plants in your moribund Yibo language. Thank you for the good job. Thanks in advance, thanks for this information. I try my best! Thank you, Lola, I try my best!! Please I would love to know the Yoruba name for nettle leaf , Milk thistle .