Because many people are aware of the convenience and comfort that a remote start system may provide, a remote start system may increase the value of your vehicle in any scenario. The non turbo seems very underpowered for this sized SUV. Total electrical failure with no recourse at the moment, Hyundai motor of America consumer affairs wants us to sign a settlement agreement to refund our expenses and have not fixed or replaced the car. They refuse to admit something is drawing power from the battery in the off position. While the outstanding complaints in 2019 stood at 70, this number came down to just 19 in 2021. CoPilot searches every car at every dealer, every day, and ranks them based on what matters to you. After driving my sante fe for little over 1000 miles, I was waiting behind several vehicles at a stop light in hyattsville and my vehicle shut off and wouldn't start. Hyundai was forced to recall certain 2016-2018 Santa Fe, 2017-2018 Santa Fe Sport and 2019 Santa Fe XL vehicles. . Now I am stuck with harassment calls about a vehicle I no longer have due to lack of maintenance. In some instances owners were left waiting unreasonable amounts of time for parts to arrive and to have the issue addressed. Consumer Reports rankings detailed below is based on the models newest three years, the Hyundai Santa Fe sits near the bottom, with a relatively poor score of 26/100. As with many warning lights, the Hyundai Santa Fe battery light should come on when the ignition is switched to the on position and go off when the engine starts. When compared to the competitors, both the Kia Sorento and Honda CR-V have one recorded recall each. Several people tried to jump start it to no avail. Only looking for newer models? Hyundai Santa Fe Dashboard Warning Lights - DASH-LIGHTS.COM This warning light comes on for around 3 seconds when the ignition is in the on position, then goes off. 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe hybrid variant has the best record with no recall history. The contact stated that the vehicle would not start. Was able to start it. I have no records of the tow from NY city but it was towed by Hyundai so they have a record. Great SUV for those who want something more than a Honda CRV but don't want the size of the Pilot. This can occur after continuous steering from left to right lock while the vehicle is stationary. Whether you're driving an i10, i20, i30, Ionic, Kona, Santa Fe or another model, the Hyundai warning lights on your dashboard follow a traffic light colour system: Green: the system is working correctly or is currently in use. The 2023 Kia Sorento has been finally revealed. I am seeking your assistance to this issue. The contact was standing with the driver's side door open and heard a thump sound. Holding the button for at least 2 . Availability and functionality on your vehicle may vary.Your Hyundai is equipped with an auto hold feature that automatically keeps your car at a stop without the need to press on the brake pedal. Love the roof open at night to see the sky - this car is just what we needed!!!! I also highly recommend the upgrade to Calligraphy trim which gives you the higher hp 2.5 4 cillinder turbo. The following day while driving at approximately 55 mph the vehicle stalled. You will need to contact your insurance company and they should cover this although you may have to pay a deductible. The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe has a stylish cabin, plenty of passenger and cargo capacity, a long manufacturers guarantee, and a long list of standard amenities. Su Nuraghe Due. This morning, after about 3 days of not driving anywhere, I hopped in my 2015 Hyundai Sonata, started it up and put it in reverse to back out of my drive way. This can lead to the airbags getting damaged upon deployment, increasing the risk of injury to the passengers. I have seen reports that Hyundai engines are notorious for failure.. (With Facts & Stats). I am just a normal guy and wish I would have read the review I am about to post before I purchased this vehicle. The above warning lights apply to both the hybrid and non-hybrid versions of the Hyundai Santa Fe. Ineligible Instrument cluster display/ FMVSS 101. When the system is working properly, the Hyundai Santa Fe airbag warning light should come on from between 3 to 6 seconds when the ignition switch or engine start button is at the on position. All-in-all, the test drive was true to how the vehicle actually drives. This results in the driver being able to steer, whereas locked wheels prevent such action. Backed by many consumer and critical ratings, the Santa Fe is a strong choice for any driver. The engine and transmission work great together. How to Use the Auto Hold Feature | Hyundai - YouTube Dealer said it was a dead battery at 4918 miles! (They originally wanted $12,000 over!). There you have it, my honest opinion on the car. Tl the contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. On the Hyundai Santa Fe, if theres a problem with the ESC system and the ESC warning light comes on, the EPB warning light may also come on. Great customizable dash. Buyers have reported the inability of their vehicles to shift to higher or lower gears depending on the speed of the vehicle. The adaptive cruise will take it to a complete stop and then go back up to set speed. TheCoPilot car shopping appis the easiest way to buy a car. According to Car Problem Zoo, a site dedicated to collecting owner feedback, the most commonly reported issue with the Santa Fe is engine-related. Like the complaints, the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe remains uncompromised even when the recalls are concerned. The Santa Fe was launched in the year 2000, named after the city of Santa Fe in New Mexico. If the engine light is flashing, reduce speed and avoid high engine load until the light becomes stable. 15. My concern is it happens while driving and I lose power and have no brakes or steering or stop lights and I could be killed or someone else could be injured. Its generally safe to continue driving when the engine light is on for a limited period, but continued driving over a long period may result in damage. Light scratches on the windshield of my car have never had a problem before on any of my cars and I have had many in the past 55 years many new ones and this glass scratches very easily have never used anything on it I have not . The location is quite good, close to a Metro station and only one stop away from the Old Town. Deployment of front passenger airbag with a child in seat increases the risk of injury to the child in event of a crash. Some models were fitted with a Knock Sensor Detection System, this system is essentially for damage limitation andmonitors for symptoms that may precede an engine failure when the car is just about to break down it will go into limp mode, giving drivers just enough time to drive their car to the dealership. BN271229 ,Current Vehicle price : $15,800. Thank you for good information, what about B which shows the back of the car. Every driver assistance short of autonomous driving. ABS, ESC and DBC are all related, so could be an issue with this. Bought the certified pre-owned car at 38000 miles in Feb 2020 and this happened only once in August 2020 and the mileage was about 39800 during that time. I feel this is a safety issue and should be taken seriously. It skillfully coalesces luxury with practicality and has a rather affordable price sticker to justify its position in the market. Our list of 7 known problems, issues, recalls, and complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe. When I roll up windows, the lights dim. The best part? $15,800. Japanese, Sushi $$ - $$$ Menu. There have been numerous complaints from Hyundai Santa Fe owners due to windshields that crack far too easily, this has been reported on other Hyundai models too. If your windshield cracks, in many cases it will need to be replaced although this varies from state to state. CoPilot doesnt work with dealerships, so there are no sponsored posts or other shady practices just the most info on the best cars. It happened again on Dec. 27, 2015. Hyundai Santa Fe Reliability and Common Problems The vehicle started to roll backwards out of a parking space. My battery has been tested and shown to be working fine. Unfortunately, there is no solution for this design issue however it doesnt affect all models and for many people this wont be a huge issue. This indicate a problem with the ESC and not the EPB. No lights, hazards, radio no nothing. Related: How Long Do Hyundai Santa Fe Last? the speedometer, odometer, or tripmeter may not work. It has a lower-than-average starting price for the class, but given the number of features, youd never guess. When heat is running lights dim. 14. For diesel versions a DPF (diesel particulate filter) and gasoline versions, a GPF (gasoline particulate filter). In car warning lights, EPB stands for Electronic Parking Brake. The tire pressure light can flash for a variety of reasons including: Tire pressure should be checked monthly and when cold. I have already lost a fob at a cost of $280 to me and the key has become detached multiple times in pockets and around the house without hardly any force. . Based on the record of complaints and recalls, it would be the third generation 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe lineup that finds itself under the pump. all problems of the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe The service brakes are the foot-operated brakes of a vehicle, for the Hyundai Santa Fe this has been a problem area for models mainly from 2015 to 2020 with 2017 being the worst year. When the outside temperature falls to approximately 4C (40F) or below, the icy road warning light illuminates. We would recommend this vehicle if you are looking for a SUV., I love my Santa Fe. Hyundai Santa Fe Remote Start: The Full Rundown - CoPilot The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 78,000. This happen two more times and then finally it started and I drove back to the dealership in gaithersburg (fitzgerald auto mall). The system makes use of a forward-facing camera located behind the rear-view mirror and a radar located on the front of the vehicles grille. Although, the issue has majorly persisted in models dating back to 2019. So, since the 2022 model falls into the fourth generation of the SUV launched in 2019, it is important to understand the major problems that have plagued the SUV over the past few years. The answer to this question isnt as simple as youd expect. Brake has been sticking last couple of weeks so that I had to pump brake to release to start. There are two cupholders, but besides the center console, nothing else. It can be parked or pulled out of a std parking space (non parallel parking) from the key fob. If it weren't for all the other little electrical problems I would just think the heating system went bad. The engine can be started. The fire fighters were able to contain the fire before it reached the fuel tank, but the vehicle and its contents were totally burned. Inflate the tires to the proper pressure as indicated on the vehicles placard or tire inflation pressure label located on the drivers side center pillar outer panel. Based on owner feedback from the Kelley Blue Book site here are what real-life owners love and hate about the Hyundai Santa Fe. I drove to the next stop light and had to stop and the vehicle failed to restart. Occasionally the smart key may require reprogramming. When ISG automatically switches off the engine, the auto stop light illuminates in green. If the GPF or DPF warning light comes on, it means soot inside the filter has accumulated and the filter requires cleaning. It is currently at the dealership waiting for the blind spot monitoring modules. 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe Common Problems, Issues, Recalls, and Reliability. Leased a 2020 Santa Fe on April 24, 2020 and on July 9, 2020 it stalled and all the lights on my dashboard lit up like a christmas tree and after 20 mins. all problems of the 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Went back to the same dealer I not fix cars so when I get servive for the vehicle. Gigantic sun/moon roof. If the engine light continues to flash, have your Hyundai serviced right away to avoid damage. If you navigate to: This morning I went out to the driveway and could not get into car with either remote or by using blue link on my phone. On a rational note, it is advisable to go for the fourth-generation Santa Fe lineup ranging from 2019 to 2021 for used vehicles with an exception of the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe XL variant. Find an affordable Used HYUNDAI SANTA FE with No.1 Japanese used car exporter BE FORWARD. So, the SUV remains scot-free until now. Lastly, be aware of the very little storage there is. If the brake warning light remains lit when the parking brake is disengaged, it means the brake fluid level is low. However, if you plan on buying a third-generation model, we would steer clear of the 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016 iterations, as their complaints run into three-digit figures. Owners have reported that their phones get so hot that the phones actually shut down to prevent damage. See It seems Hyundai designed this part for the sole goal of increasing replacement key fob sales. And while their MSRPs would seem enticing, the subsequent expenses incurred on vehicle service and maintenance will irk most buyers. As for the latest fourth-generation Hyundai Santa Fe lineup, owing to persistent issues and complaints, it is the 2019 Santa Fe that makes for a bad choice to go ahead with. I had to disconnect from the vehicle and look at it directly on my phone. The most common issue with the brakes was due to a faulty Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) module that was prone to malfunctioning to make matters worse there was an added risk of engine fire due to electrical shorts from the module. This is unacceptable and makes me apprehensive to drive this in the rain.. They say they can't determine why the engine did the described things above. We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. But, the Hyundai SUV has seen a fair share of troubles through the years too. Best results occur on roads that do not require stopping the vehicle. The 2017 Santa Fe has been the most recalled model year with 6 recalls. How To Use Factory Remote Start On Hyundai Santa Fe - YouTube Hyundai Santa Fe Classic Problems: Expert Articles and User Solutions I encourage anyone considering a Honda Passport or Hyundai Sorento to consider the Santa Fe Calligraphy AWD. Remote start can handle everything from adjusting the cabin temperature to giving your engine a jump start to just signaling to the other passengers that its time to leave. 0:00 / 0:58 How To Use Factory Remote Start On Hyundai Santa Fe John Concha 2.08K subscribers Subscribe 18K views 1 year ago On this video, I am showing you how to operate the factory. Arrange recovery and have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible. By performing superbly over the past few years, Hyundais Santa Fe has matched the reliability standards set by the segment-leading Japanese brands, which has made it almost instantaneously likable in the midsize SUV segment. front collision light, the traction control light, the abs light, the auto hold and the emergency brake all light on the dash. . A Complete Breakdown, Are Mazdas Reliable? Your email address will not be published. . Even at that price it's . On the Hyundai Santa Fe, the ESC warning light will blink when the system is actively operating and remain constantly lit when theres a fault. Hyundai Santa Fe Remote Start: The Full Rundown, how many spark plugs a diesel engine actually has, CoPilot Compare is the search engine for nearly-new cars, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport baltimore MD, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport boston MA, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport bridgeport CT, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport chicago IL, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport cleveland OH, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport dallas TX, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport fort worth TX, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport hartford CT, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport indianapolis IN, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport los angeles CA, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport milwaukee WI, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport providence RI, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport riverside CA, used 2015 hyundai santa fe sport washington DC, used 2016 hyundai santa fe san francisco CA, used 2016 hyundai santa fe sport allentown PA, Are Volkswagens Reliable? The person who attend me did not tell me anything about getting an oil change or any other problems in February. 75 reviews Closed Now. North Rhine-Westphalia, German Nordrhein-Westfalen, Land (state) of western Germany. When the driver brakes to a stop, the Hyundai Santa Fe Auto Hold system maintains the vehicles brake pressure, keeping the vehicle stationary even when the driver removes their foot from the brake pedal. In many instances owners had to have a new engine fitted, outside of warranty this can be very expensive. statistics and reliability analysis of Hyundai Santa Fe based on all problems reported for the Santa Fe. I reported the incident and they claim to be unable to recapitulate the incidence. Has enough electronics to be cool, but not so many you can't figure out what in the world is going on. Navigation screen does not turn off after the ignition is turned causing the battery to drain and car will not start. The red brake warning light also comes on when the parking brake is engaged. This occurred on sept 27, 2015. The EBD system allows the vehicle to operate brakes on an individual wheel basis, in turn allowing for greater stopping ability. Other issues may relate to the EPB module, parking brake actuators or wiring. In fact it would seem from a legal standpoint they shouldn't advertise it if it knowingly doesn't work right??? 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds As with many warning lights, the Hyundai Santa Fe brake warning light should illuminate when the ignition is switched on. With the 2022 Santa Fe, Hyundai has done an excellent job pitching in a Mid-sized SUV which makes it the perfect middle child for the compact Hyundai Tucson and the Hyundai Palisade. 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Exclusive Interior and Exterior Pictures | View latest Pictures. Once again, just wish I had this information prior to purchasing and likely would have swayed me in another direction. The car wouldn't move. Hyundai has a fair reputation of recalling vehicles with serious problems and taking desperate measures to fix the issue. If this is done on accident and the electronic portion of the key cannot be found then the car will not start. Overall, the problems are more severe than other SUVs from 2009, but repair costs are more affordable than average. Rear door opens automatically after standing behind it for about 5 seconds. Coming equipped with excellent fuel efficiency and a low entry-level price are further benefits of the Santa Fe in addition to its remote starting capabilities and perks. Car will not start in the morning,dead battery,have to use battery charger every night. all problems of the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe LKA (Lane Keeping Assist) helps to keep the vehicle between lane lines by alerting the driver by audible and visual alert that they have driven over a lane line without applying a signal. Hyundai vehicles with Bluelink come with three years of free servicing. The vehicle was service and given back to me. . While traveling approximately 65 mph westbound on interstate 4, the vehicle lost all power and all the warning indicator lights came on. Subsequently there were multiple emergency indicators that got activated. Headlights will flash, and you'll hear the confirming beep. Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist monitors and detects vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians ahead in the roadway and warns the driver that a collision is imminent by means of a visual and audible warning. 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds The contact owns a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe. Love my new 2023 White AWD Santa Fe Calligraphy! reasons why the engine warning light is on, Hyundai orange triangle with an exclamation point. This is a great method to keep up with basic maintenance and save many trips to the technician. Now we have to take it in again. Overall, Santa Fe remote starts are excellent choices for any driver for a variety of reasons. However, engine problems have been reported on all model years, mostly between 2018 and 2010 although not to the same extent. In August 2020 the car wouldn't start, after a road side assistance jump the dealer said I'm not starting it enough. How to Use the Santa Fe Remote Start. . This was the most-reported problem on customer feedback site Car Complaints. We, most definitely, would recommend opting for a used Santa Fe because of its versatility, and as long as you avoid the problematic models mentioned above, the Korean SUV will be an unquestioned choice. The visible enh We don't support landscape mode yet. Tell us what youre looking for and well search the inventories of every dealership in your area to make you a personalized list of the best car listings in your area. . This is not a safety issue but rather a design issue that could lead to problems starting the vehicle. Check out price savings and popular options here! The EPS warning light can come on for a variety of reasons, including steering sensor, a problem with the power steering motor or wiring issue. The snowflake symbol comes on to warn the driver that the roads might be icy and to drive with extra caution. Failure Date: 03/21/2021. Hyundai Santa Fe Best & Worst Years? And so I had to turn off the key completely and then start the engine. ABS unit may cause a fire in the engine compartment. Print this page. Also, the average frequency and severity of repairs is lower than other vehicles, making the Santa Fe one of the most reliable . Forced regeneration can be carried out at an Hyundai workshop. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where the electronic control module was reprogrammed. Related: Hyundai Santa Fe Best & Worst Years? The ride is comfy, gets me sitting up high, gets great gas mileage (averaging above the 25/28 advertised since owned28.3mpg to be exact and have gotten 31 on some trips) and top safety pick+, which is huge, with great safety features.