These two are Phase 2 engines with new SOHC heads, open deck block, and lighter pistons. Higher compression will 'widen the powerband' in only a slightly better way as lowering boost will. EJ207 engine for 1998-2000 Impreza WRX STI has got the modified pistons (compression ratio 8), EJ205 camshafts, new ECU and IHI VF28 turbocharger with max boost pressure 1.1 bars. Their boost pressure is 13 psi (0.9 bar), and power is 260 horsepower. This was to combat headgasket issues. Call us at (425) 485-6059. vBulletin v3.7.0, Copyright 2000-2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/engine.html, [search] engine emission sheet for ej20 engine, Lots of EJ20 Engine parts- parting out 2 engines. Also you can make displacement 2.2 L (2,123 cc) on EJ207 as it is written above. Slanty air-air intercooler on Impreza models, air-water intercooler on Legacy models. 2.Body type F=Wagon C=Sedan 3.Engine type 8=2.0L Turbo You'd save yourself a lot of headache buying a gc impreza to swap that into. Mike Shield's of SPD wrote a treatise on why his company would not develop a turbo kit for the EJ25, and a large part of it was the open deck design. And WRX STI S203 and S204, EJ207 were equipped with VF42 twin scroll turbocharger. All components engineered and manufactured by Crawford Performance have been tested for ultimate performance and maximum dependability on and off the race track. The EJ20K can make excellent power when the shortblock is rebuilt and the heads are paired with a standalone engine management system. Recommended Posts. So I am trying to find what the difference is between the EJ20k, EJ20g, EJ207, etc search in the conversions forum. Brought it knowing the previous owner had a v7 STI shorty installed. Home; Services; New Patient Center. Clean and Compression Tested JDM EJ207 STI Engine with VF30 Single Scroll Turbo, Ecu, TMIC and Harness for Sale. The EJ204 is a phase two engine also that features DOHC cylinder block heads. These EJ20K have die-cast pistons for all WRX models; STI typeRA and STI models share the exact factory forged pistons. . Here is a site with some info for JDM engines if that helps. Unfortunately, users have few tuning options on the stock ECU. Mine didn't. Ford 3.7L V6 Duratec: Everything You Need To Know, Ford 5.4L V8 Triton: Everything You Need To Know, VW/Audi 3.0 V6 TDI: Everything You Need To Know, Valvetrain: SOHC with two valves cylinder and DOHC four valves per cylinder, Compression Ratio(s): 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.5, 9.7, 10.0, 10.1, and 10.2, Maximum Torque: 413 lb-ft at 2,000 5,000 RPM, 2008 Present GH GE Series IMpreza JDM, 1999 2001 Legacy B4 TSR JDM BE BH series, 2009 2014 Legacy Europe and South Africa BM and BR series. Loose internal components can also cause this. The first version of this engine was called EJ20E and it was installed on Subaru Legacy. EJ20G engines fall into 3 categories: 1. If you have a turbocharged EJ205, you will need to buy an STI intake system, VF30 turbocharger, blow-off valve, ACL bearings, aluminum 2-row Mishimoto radiator, FMIC, Walbro 255 fuel pump, boost controller, and a 3-inch performance exhaust system. Some pics and info on the different cams in here: http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?42216-Heads. Here are the differences between the EJ20G, EJ20K, and EJ205. These are Phase 2 engines with open deck block, new SOHC heads and lightweight pistons. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, turbo upgrades, maintenance, and more! Ah ok so it is a version 4 then. They also offer, Most of the plastics will be deteriorating, the wiring will probably be stiff and brittle, Previous: Subaru Wiring Harnesses Explained, Fuel Pump Controllers Part 2 - Diagnostics. rio tinto dividend forecast 2022. cycling bright to harrietville. Updated 02/13/2017 Subaru EJ20 Engine Specifications Overview, problems Performance tuning Subaru EJ20 engine specs Subaru EJ20 engine reliability, problems and repair Their power is 150 HP at 6,800 rpm. For Subaru Legacy GT, EJ20G engine produces 220 HP at 6,400 rpm, and torque is 270 Nm at 4,000 rpm. This motor is a competent performer, but has significant differences from the EJ205 found in the USDM 2002-2005 WRX. Both the turbo legacy and 22b have 2.2 litre closed deck blocks; however the 22b doesn't have oil squirters and the turbo legacy block does. The most common EJ20 variant is the SOHC-designed EJ20E which was installed in the Subaru Legacy and produced in four installments or generations. Pistons are modified using a cast aluminum material and have oil squirters. dej20gej20kmaster-4 . JDM EJ207 ENGINE 2.0L SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI V7 TURBOCHARGER . And WRX STI S203 and S204, EJ207 were equipped with VF42 twin scroll turbocharger. 280 . Which means the only difference between V5/6 WRX EJ205 and V5/6 STI EJ207, is Pistons/Rods/Crank/Heads. Hi! will the 2.2L impreza L tranny fit on the EJ20 engine. jeiko 5 This is one of those must-have swaps, for anyone trying to gain more power and reliability out of their Subaru WRX. I had to add this thread for info purpose.. Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community. Max, does your 99 WRX Block have a small R20 on it? iWire is here to simplify your Subaru powered project, big or small. The 7 digit "applied model" code found on the vehicle identification plate inside the engine bay is decoded in the following way. Version 7 has a single-scroll turbocharger, top-feed injectors, throttle by cable, and omitted the TGV. I was led to believe the change from closed deck to open deck Ej20 was a side effect of WRC regulations. JDM engines may look attractive for their low prices and low mileage, but they arent as inexpensive as they seem due the parts that are likely to be missing. No hard line for idle air control valve on top. Should have a version 7 TB too. i could hope right? JDM Subaru WRX EJ205 2002-2005 Intake Manifold w/Bulkhead Harness, Injectors, TGV Delete, Coilpacks and BPV for USDM 02-05 . just trying to do some digging on it, it came with pink 550cc injectors, ive read it might have some aggressive cams but no clue. The EJ207 is one of many variants manufactured by Subaru, belonging to the EJ series. Crankshaft, Brgs, Pistons, Head gaskets, etc? Bugeye was good for something huh. On the block two aluminum heads are installed, one camshaft on each and 4 valves on the cylinder. 1992-1996 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon used EJ20G, but with air to air intercooler and lightweight valves . The height of lift is the valve lift. JDM 2008-2018 Subaru WRX STi EJ207 Ver.10 2.0L Engine Swap with VF49 Twin Scroll Turbocharger for sale with excellent Compression Test. Engine management from the factory has a very primitive form of OBDII that is not compatible with most scanning software available in the United States, and the ECU can only be reflashed with ECUTEK software. not sure which revision they were removed from though. Please refer to all actual item photos for a complete cosmetic description on the engine. EJ257. EJ20H engine differs in that it uses DOHC cylinder heads and two VF13 and VF14 turbochargers. The EJ255 has a different domed piston vs the EJ257. ej25 semi closed deck block stamped r25 -4.. i think the -4 has something to do with wall thinkness, I\'ve got afew open ej20s lying around stamped r20, bar the pistons thing it was cool to identify a block without opening it, There was forged pistons before v3.. Originally designed for the North American Impreza STI in 2004 with AVCS and DBW. EJ20K injector size is 505 cc. EJ20 motors gained great popularity due to their turbocharged versions. ClubSUB.org.nz 2022 Only reason they are probably labelled as weak is the Aus delivered B4's had a crap tune which pinged these engines to death. However, I hope it is clear that increasing the power of a naturally aspirated EJ20 is non-sense. Diameter of intake valves is 36 mm, exhaust valves is 32 mm, valve stem diameter is 6 mm. Applications: $5800.00. It is a reasonable limit for EJ207 stock internals. Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register! Besides that it has newer console with glovebox in the center, V4 white face dash with tacho in the middle and other bits - its definately V4. Its power is 200 HP at 6,000 rpm, and its torque is 260 Nm at 3,600 rpm. These EJ20Gs can be identified through a tab on the right surface of the block half and a smoother surface. Everything we need to do is to buy EJ205 or EJ207 and to make swap. If you have a non turbo car and are trying to swap in the EJ20X or EJ20Y, you will not be able to get the dual AVCS to work at this time. blitz lm gf8 96.0900.08 ej20kej207 hot; bride rbh146 (rn1) 00.1003.09 new EJ201 and EJ202 has 125 HP at 5,6000 RPM. As I said, I don't know for certain. After Subaru EJ20s success for three decades as a mainstay machine that powered iconic vehicles such as the WRX STI, it is one of the more notable variants of the EJ family of engines. This engine has been thoroughly inspected and passed our tests. Here is a clean low mileage JDM EJ207 version 7 engine imported directly from Japan. Adjust the ECU correctly, and you can reach 350HP or more a very nice ceiling for the EJ207 stock internals. EJ207 (v8) has hypercast pistons, everything else is forged, the heads flow more (big port), the cams are more aggressive than v7. i bought this car used a week ago and the po claimed the engine has only been rebuilt a few months Subaru initially produced the EJ series engines in 1989 with the intention to succeed the past Subaru EA engine series. manual. Tuning options for these engines are limited, and replacement parts are difficult to find. I know there is a HUGE difference between the 2, internals, heads, intake manifold and such. It comes with twin scroll VF49 ball bearing turbo. Besides, JDM Legacy also had twin turbo EJ20: EJ20H, EJ20R, EJ206 and EJ208. Good luck for court day 94 Leone, hopefully you get every cent back and then some. 1994-1996 Impreza WRX Type-RA received the increased boost pressure to 12.5 psi (0.87 bar), and ECU was changed. Getting a Ver4 GC8 STi soon w/ an EJ20k. If ECU is adjusted correctly, then Subaru EJ207 will show more than 350+ horsepower. Power of EJ204 engine is 155 HP. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. SI-Drive - What is it and how does it work. Below is a cost breakdown of parts for a typical EJ20K conversion: Engine management (optional but recommended): $1614, Total: $4193 with Haltech Elite, $2779 with OEM ECU. This 2.0 Liter engine replaced the smaller 1.8 Liter EA82 and was the first representative of the EJ series and became the basis for the EJ line for so many years. Sean (ASG) had a stock block 207 in a GC8 running 10.2 @ 137MPH at the drags, which was making 440hp on pump and close to 500hp on race fuel. July 3, 2022 In types of dismissive avoidant deactivating strategies. Order a set of 1.5mm head gaskets, and try again. At first, in cold starts, the engine knocks, then all the time after that. The import market engines did also start to get called Ej20K's but they were really still Ej20G's internally, though they did get the under intlet manifold change that you saw with the JDM EJ20K's. The JDM engines in manual trans spec were the ones that were rated at 280ps from the factory. ej eg ec . There was also twin turbo EJ208 engine which used VF25 and VF26 turbochargers in the first generation, then VF31 and VF32 turbochargers were used. These old Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) Subarus are now several decades old, and many have been retired from the road with less than 100,000 km on the odometer. The equal length header will increase down low torque and improve efficiency. I thought 22b's were closed deck turbo legacy blocks. Used JDM Zero Sports GC8 GF8 Air Intake Pipe to fit 93-01 Subaru EJ20K Turbocharged Engines for sale. Theres also a couple different types of EJ207's. Depends on how much $$ you want to spend, a buddy of mine did an EJ207 in his 02 WRX and is pushing nearly 400whp with the access port and some intake work. Or to sell the slow Subaru and to buy WRX STI. JDM EJ207 Engine Ver. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. So don't really have to worry Or to sell the slow Subaru and to buy WRX STI. The EJ20X and EJ20Y (Non-STI) are 2.0 liter, Open Deck EJ series engines with a 92mm bore and 75mm stroke which fits with the majority of the other non-STI turbo EJ20 engines in this timeframe. In 1996 EJ20G engine was replaced with new turbocharged EJ20K. V1 uses 3 smaller plugs for camshaft position, crankshaft position, and the knock sensor while V2 combines these into a single 12 pin connector. There are three categories for the EJ20G engines: This engine produces 195 HP at 6,000 RPM and 215 HP for the GT at 6,400 RPM. iWire recommends putting a single AVCS intake manifold and harness onto the EJ20X/Y long block to make it function like a single AVCS platform. Quantity. Specially for 2003-2009 Legacy (BL), EJ202 engine was improved: it uses lightweight cylinder block with lightweight sleeves, modified intake manifold and 4-2-1 headers. It is considered reliable and will make around 250hp. Despite their fabulosity, EJ motors arent perfect and have some problems, so lets discuss them. This is a clean Quad Cam EJ207 engine. I have a 97 JDM STi (V4 with EJ20K, i suppose) and now i shows some signs of head gasket faliure We did some combustion gas test to cooling system and it showed a problem. Marca de Auto: Subaru. Subaru EJ20 is a flat-four gasoline engine with SOHC and DOHC releases; there are also turbocharged versions and corresponding upgrades that were modified to cope with the rising technologies of the automotive industry. Thanks guys. Edit: JDM version 7 WRX (GDA) head stamp codes added to the list in first post, RHS20 and LHS20. Therefore, be ready to its low reliability and overhaul each 50,000-60,000 miles of mileage (100,000 km). Actual item photos. Version 6 STI Heads stamped LH C 006 and RH C 007: 12200AA210 - BE/BH EJ206/EJ208 ----------------OEM cross drilled crank, 12200AA240 - Version 5/6/7 STI EJ207/EJ205 -- OEMcross drilled crank, 12200AA270 - Version 8/9 STI EJ207 GDBC ---- OEM double cross drilled and nitrated crank (better oiling and hardened - black colouring), 12200AA390 - Version 10 STI EJ207 GRB ------- OEM double cross drilled and nitrated crank (better oiling and hardened - black colouring). These EJ20K have die-cast pistons for all WRX models; STI typeRA and STI models share the exact factory forged pistons. Actual item photos. 3. Scoobyworx was established in April 2010 supplying Subaru performance parts worldwide. Item ID 7708 Model (s) WRX STi 2002-2007 (Cable Throttle) Show More It used closed deck block and oil nozzles, low compression pistons (CR=8), two DOHC heads with two camshafts. You can tell the difference between V1 and V2 with the connector on the underside of the throttle body. On WRX STI Spec-C versions you will find VF36 twin scroll turbocharger. sale57%off blitz sus power 96 09-00 08 gc8 ej20k,ej207 26131 saloniki.co.il; air cleaner | blitz; sus power air cleaner | blitz; sus power air cleaner | blitz Like we mentioned above, the EJ20 series became prosperous due to its tuning and upgrade potentials. The EJ207 has an 8.0 compression ratio, idle air integrated into the throttle body, wasted spark coil off-center of manifold, red or bare aluminum intake manifold, open deck block, inlet under the manifold, AVCS variable valve timing, and higher rev limit than EJ205. Its power is 250 HP at 6,000 rpm. In order to run the EJ22T block, it needs to be adapted for the #5 thrust and whatever phase 2 crank you're going to run also needs to be adapted for the #3 thrust. A forum community dedicated to Subaru Impreza GC8 and RS owners and enthusiasts. Text Size:millwork district dubuque apartments why did jillian leave workaholics. 0.6mm is too short for Phase 1. I want to do a swap, and I want a closed deck EJ20, but it seems they are very rare. This version 7 EJ207 engine has an excellent compression in all cylinders. This set the stage for a long series of debates about it, and basically gave the open deck a bad name. EJ208 rev D phase 3 engine uses VF33 and VF32 turbochargers, and their boost pressure is 13 psi (0.9 bar). 8250 fuel cut. CrawfordSPEC Forged WRX Internals (EJ20/EJ255) $ 749.95. i have a 1998 type r sti with a ej20k engine with rod knock apparently. Okay thanks. 1992-1996 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon used EJ20G, but with air to air intercooler and lightweight valves . And the first of such engines is the EJ20G. Item ID 7836 Model (s) WRX STi 2002-2007 (Cable Throttle) Sold Used JDM Subaru WRX STi 2.0L EJ20Y / EJ207 Replacement. I think bore and stroke are the same. What are the weaknesses of the 208 and what can we do to make it as good or better than the sti 207. A new TD05-18G turbocharger, HKS blow-off valve, fuel lines, 800 cc/min fuel injectors, heavy-duty timing belt, cold air intake, oil cooler, 12 mm oil pump, equal length headers, and a 3-inch aftermarket exhaust system. Here is a clean JDM EJ207 version 7 STI engine for sale. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. It still leaps to the red line, does not consume oil or coolant, has no compression or crankcase pressure issues and has passed 480,000 kilometers replacing 3 sets of plugs, 4 timing belts, 2 water pumps a turbo and the usual suspension joints. The exhaust is different with the USDM WRX down to the headers. The capacity of the stock fuel injector is 380 cc. I did a ton of searching. manual. It can also be referred to as the DOHC Sequential Twin Turbo and inter-cooled engine. The EJ20G and EJ20K are two decades old at the time of writing, and it is difficult to find them in good shape. More information about this process can be found if you click here. Spool and torque characteristics would be the same, if I am interpreting this all correctly but where I am left wondering is the semi-closed deck vs open deck strength. Up for sale is a low mileage EJ20Y engine removed from a JDM VAB (2015-2021) STI. The first is the shim over bucket style and shim under bucket style. The EJ20G continued to be the primary engine in the WRX wagon with an automatic transmission from 1996 until 1998; then, it was replaced by the EJ205. I'm not listing sources as there are too many Everyone says there is no way to tell if an engine (specifically a short block), is a WRX EJ205 or a STI EJ207. EJ207 (v7) all internals are forged, better cams than EJ205, valves, springs, etc. After installing these parts and configuring the ECU, the EJ205 can reach about 300 HP. Used Subaru Impreza WRX JDM EJ207 Engine Version 7 with VF30 Single Scroll Turbo, TMIC and Ecu for Sale. The 207 crank shaft is also cross drilled. By To get 350+ horsepower from EJ207 engine you need some performance upgrades. It'll take forever and cost a ton of money. About 5 bank accounts, 3 ounces and 2 vehicles. Owners of naturally aspirated EJ20 dont need to worry, reliability and longevity of your motor is higher and can reach 150,000 mile of mileage (250,000 km) and more. HKS GC8 EJ20K 5MT 33005-AF003 (213142399 . But mostly for foresters i think (many of them with auto trans). Most of these are on US sites. Same with the EJ20, though it has strong internals and reliable block can still be caught off guard of some issues. To attain more than 350 HP of power on your EJ207 engine. It is possible to increase the engine capacity of your EJ20 to 2.2 Liters, but you will need a stroker that includes an EJ25 crank, Mahle pistons, ARP head studs, and H-beam rods. EJ207 heads (S20V) on EJ207 heads is the same damn engine with a slightly lower compression ratio. However an engine fitted with the orifice plate had a hp limit of about 350hp. These upgrades allowed the engine to increased its power to 138 HP at 5,600 RPM and 65 lb-ft of torque available at 4,400 RPM. They don\'t build them like they used to. More information about this process can be found if you, Here at iWire, we often get questions from customers who are looking to, Customers who plan to swap their vehicle use either the EJ205 from the USDM 02-05 WRX, the EJ207 from the JDM Version 7 and 8 STI, the EJ255 from the USDM 06-07 WRX and 04-08 Forester XT, or the EJ257 from the USDM 04-07 STI. EJ208 rev D phase 3 engine uses VF33 and VF32 turbochargers, and their boost pressure is 13 psi (0.9 bar). NOTE: Oddly, first-generation turbocharged Foresters are listed by Subaru as having the EJ20G engine, but in reality they are equipped with the EJ20K. Used JDM 2002-2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STI EJ207 Engine with VF30 Turbo, TMIC and Ecu for 2002 2003 2004 2005 WRX, Used JDM Subaru WRX STI EJ20Y Dual AVCS Quad CAM For 2006-2018 Replacement Engine For Sale, JDM Version 7 V7 EJ207 Subaru Impreza STi Engine with Unequal length Headers ECU TMIC. JDM 2008-2018 Subaru WRX STi EJ207 Ver.10 2.0L Engine Swap with VF49 Twin Scroll Turbocharger for sale with excellent Compression Test. Also EJ201 and EJ202 used the new intake manifold which is good at low and mid rpm. The Ej20G found in the 22B is also a phase II engine with the thrust bearing end mounted and not centered like the EJ22T. Coil-on-plug ignition system. It used an AVCS variable valve timing system on the intake camshaft and a 50-degree adjustment range. That is the only difference as far as I know. I would not pin the bores they will still warp.. Could be that even the EJ20G/EJ22T didn't need to be closed deck to begin with, and some EJ20G's weren't, but who knows what changed between the open and closed deck versions. Raised $60.00 ej205 vs ej207. Lets find out everything we must know about this engines design, reliability, issues, tuning potential, and many more. USD. Interesting to see how the USA guys rate the 257. Version 5 STI Head Stamp codes and Pics added. Yeah, even many books are offered, this book can steal the reader heart Page 1/2. EJ20 engine has aluminum flat-four cylinder block, with cast-iron dry sleeves. EJ205 engines are used for the WRX models outside Japan as of 1999. Subaru Impreza WRX with EJ205 engine used Mitsubishi TD04 turbocharger, with max boost pressure 14.5 psi (1.0 bar). EJ20G motor for 1994-1995 WRX STI ver.1 differs in a kind of intercooler, but boost pressure is the same (11.5 psi / 0.8 bar). The EJ20Y engine was introduced in the following year in 2004 Legacy GT, with a five-speed manual transmission. Thats sort of my target for this conversion. ej20k vs ej207 EJ20K crank (thrust 3) (forged) USDM STi EJ257 rods (forged) EJ20K STi pistons (forged) ACL race bearings ARP head studs Cometic head gaskets (actual OEM Subaru EJ20K STi head gaskets are hard to get in the USA) EJ20K STi heads (checked all valve lash and swapped around a few shims) In 1996 EJ20G engine was replaced with new turbocharged EJ20K. ej20k dw6pr. the oil pan is wider than any of the USDM engines, ive got a aftermarket single turbo manifold that wont work because the oil pan is wide D: Nah Ej207 is the STI engine, BE/BH manual is EJ208 and auto is EJ206. Please see all item photos for complete cosmetic condition and full description of any imperfections. It has a redesign intake manifold, bigger intercooler, new pistons (8:1 compression ratio), fuel nozzles 505 cc and new engine control unit. The biggest difference is that this engine has a 9.5:1 compression ration which is much higher than other turbo engines of this time, and it was Subaru . To reach beyond the 500 HP mark on the EJ207 engine, you need head porting and forged pistons. ver since it arrived in the industry, EJ20 has been regarded as one of the most reliable and powerful engine blocks. These engines have new cylinder heads, lighter pistons, and intake manifolds great at low RPMs. Not the S20C 701 -1. Engine management (optional but recommended for older JDM motors): $1614, Note - Vipec also makes a PnP ECU for these setups. These engines can be used in place of a USDM EJ205, but this requires extensive modification. This features the dual AVCS heads and VF49 twin scroll turbocharger. Assuming an R20 code if open deck. What we will do is to buy an EJ207 or EJ205 and to make a swap. EJ20 engine has aluminum flat-four cylinder block, with cast-iron dry sleeves. That leads us to the last thing, the oil leak. JDM 2008-2014 Subaru WRX STi EJ207 Ver.10 2.0L Engine Swap with VF49 Twin Scroll Turbocharger for sale. Of course you bought or want to buy Subaru Impreza WRX and STI for absolutely other purposes. This motor used Mitsubishi TD04 turbocharger, and the maximum boost pressure is 11 psi (0.75 bar). item 2 JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C EJ207 AVCS Turbo Engine Motor 2006-2007 V9 GDB JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C EJ207 AVCS Turbo . This often happens with turbo EJ20, dont be surprised. haha could have sworn it did somewhere though. Turbocharged EJ20G was the first such engine. EJ207 engine for 2003+ Impreza WRX STI used VF37 twin scroll turbocharger. USD. Coil pack centered on intake manifold. ;D, EJ207 - EJ208 (pistons are version 1/2 cast alloy dogbones). This is a JDM version 7 02 03 WRX STi engine imported from Japan. Customers have had problems not only getting the swap going but also keeping them running due to harness condition issues/availability as well as the lack of replacement parts, tuning options, and not passing smog. manual. Both have a 9.5 compression rating and a fast spooling turbo that yields a torque-full engine performance.