Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. eBay Item Damaged in ShippingWhat Should You Do? - DoNotPay If the expected shipping charges exceed the expected refund or the refund value of a replacement or exchange, an eBay return shipping label wont be available. I guess it always boils down to buyer beware! Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for PLEASURES BY ESTEE LAUDER 3 PC SET PARFUM 3.4 fl oz + 2 LOTIONS 2.5 fl oz NEW at the best online prices at eBay! Car & Truck Safety & Security Accessories, Best practices for avoiding and handling issues with buyers, How to handle a return request as a seller. They can then print the label and use it to send the item back to you. You can still close it if things are resolved. .. just like we do now when buyers claim they never received the item! Offer you a partial refund and let you keep the item This can be a good compromise when you're not completely satisfied with your purchase for example, if it arrived with a minor scratch but you're happy to keep it. See the Abusive buyer policy for more examples of activity that we don't allow. I responded by contacting EBAY to get the proper procedure done and when I was told what to do I followed the lead of EBAY Customer Support and that was to give a full refund upon the return of the damaged item. Returns & Refunds | eBay Our vast knowledge base also provides excellent advice for dealing with: Helping you apply for a late, damaged, or missed delivery refund is only a fragment of what we can do for you. - edited After a call to Ebay they implied that the "buyer pays the return shipping" is only a valid rule if the postal carrier damaged the item. I sell on many platforms, and have been selling on ebay for over 15 years. Saiba mais sobre proteo ao vendedor. A return and exchange policy is a set of rules a retailer creates to manage how customers return and exchange unwanted merchandise they've purchased. Ensure the buyer uses a tracked serviceand includes signature confirmation for items with a total cost of $750 or more. I would love to hear from others that have been on both sides of a case such as mine. We tried reasoning with them but they would not budge. Refunds, Returns, and Exchanges for Sellers Etsy is a venue made up of independent sellers who run their own shops. I would hate to see ebay make this a requirement as I suspect that all a customer would have to do is say that the item was damaged and we would have to pay whether there was legitimate proof or not. We had to file a claim for an item that was sent to us in broken condition (was not damaged in shipping). Also, the seller cannot refund GSP charges. eBay Protects You When you sell on eBay, youre protected by policies, transaction monitoring, and data systems that make eBay a safe and vibrant community. The returns process. Required fields are marked *. Find It In Seconds! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Keep in mind that the condition of the item you send back to the seller is important, so repack it carefully. The Message from EBAY was that I was not found at fault and that this case woul not be reflected on my Seller ratings. Returns and GSP - The eBay Canada Community Offer you a partial refund and let you keep the item This can be a good compromise when the seller doesn't accept returns, but wants to offer you a gesture of goodwill say if you ordered the wrong thing by accident. Any reputable online retail store will accept the return of damaged items or items sent in error and will reimburse the return shipping cost. Who covers the shipping costs depends on why you're returning it. This is what Ebay has gotten to and why sellers are the way they are. All sellers need a filter to keep the "stories" out. Get streamlined shipping at no extra cost Simply pay the cost to ship. Who pays for return shipping cost on items damaged during shipping? - eBay Defective. If the buyer is returning the item because it's damaged, faulty, or didn't match your listing description, then you're responsible for the return shipping costs, even if your returns policy says you don't offer free returns. But for this specific one, they were quick to remedy the problem. How To Avoid eBay's Automatic Returns Approvals Policy? Weve stated many times throughout our blog that we usually call 2-3 times before we get something resolved. All other return / refund requests will be considered at our discretion and a 20% restocking fee will apply. Get it as soon as Sat, Oct 15. Important You can also check the progress of your return request at any time. eBay Buyer Wants What? (Returns and Refunds Edition) Is Getting a Refund for a USPS Late Delivery Possible? Does eBay intimidate you? You'll need to send it back within 10 business days, using tracked postage. Sit back and relax while we do the work. A seller either indicates "Seller Pays Return Shipping" or "Buyer is responsible ..". Hopefully this isn't a seller in China. Em caso de item devolvido depois de usado ou danificado, alguns vendedores podero fazer um reembolso parcial pela perda no valor do item. I was paid for my item and the original ship cost. Yes, no, maybe. you asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business, or were unclear about what you wanted. If your seller refuses to refund the amount you spent and PayPal does not rule in your favor, you can sue them both in just a few minutes with DoNotPay. If you're responsible for the return postage costs, you'll see the price of return postage, and be able to purchase your label. We used the other account for our own private purchases. Choose the label you want to send to your buyer. Return shipping for sellers | eBay Any return postage paid would have to be paid through paypal and ebay cannot force a seller to do that. EBAY - 2025 Hamilton Ave, San Jose, CA - Yelp I just wish more sellers would beflexible depending on the circumstances. The company wants you to start by contacting your seller (select the. Return shipping for sellers - eBay Return shipping costs when you use an eBay label. And the fact that people like myself willnever make another purchaseis of little consequence to them. If the buyer paid, theyll need to contact the carrier instead. There are several ways you can send an item back to the seller. on If they simply changed their mind or ordered the wrong item, who pays for return shipping is determined by your return policy. Why would the buyer be liable for return shipping if damaged by the carrier? If youve accepted the buyers return or offered to send them a replacement, you can choose one of the following options to let them ship the item back to you. What To Do With Old Glasses? 5 Top Tips - Fashion Eyewear UK We are only stating what happened to us- sorry if that is unbelievable. Use the phone over e-mailing when you want a response), and told them the situation. Recycling old glasses is a great way of making the materials used in your spectacles last longer, and avoids unnecessarily sending them to landfill. I'm just tempted to toss it in the garbage and save myself a lot of aggravation for the $11.00 I may or may not receive. Para assegurar que o eBay seja um espao de vendas justo, exigimos que nossos compradores cumpram determinados padres. Return shipping for buyers | eBay Lot of Samsung Galaxy S6 Smart Phones *Please Read - shopgoodwill.com Oh, damn, looks like you won." You will have to pay the return shipping if the item is: Damaged. Make sure to follow our, If you use an eBay return label, tracking details are automatically uploaded, For non-eBay labels, the seller may have added the number for you. Who pays return shipping on a damaged item on eBay? - Quora You do not have permission to remove this product association. As long as you paid for the incorrect, damaged or defective item you need to return through PayPal they will cover return shipping costs to the seller up to the value of $30. When using your own carrier, make sure to upload the label and tracking details to the buyers return request. If the item has been returned to the seller and they haven't given you a refund after 2 business days, you can ask eBay to step in and help. Where the goods are returned due to being faulty the consumer is entitled, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), to return the goods within a reasonable time after purchase and claim a full refund plus any other losses that have been incurred as a direct result of faulty goods being supplied, such as the costs of postage. Who pays for return shipping you or the buyer depends on the reason they're returning the item and your return policy. If the item being returned has a total cost of $750 or more, it will need to be returned with a signature confirmation. That shakes them out of the tree. If an item had been received damaged and the buyer had shown that with a picture, I would either refund without return or pay for the return shipping. Ensure that the amount includes tracking, and on items that that have a total cost of $750 or more, include signature confirmation. Who is responsible for return shipping costs? 09:08 AM. When your return request is accepted, you'll receive a return shipping label from either the seller or eBay, or you'll be asked to purchase one directly from a carrier. What happens if the buyer refuses to pay for return shipping? Items may be returned within seven (7) days of receipt if the merchandise was damaged during shipping or if there was a major distortion in the description. For more detail, read our blog on fixing scratched lenses. Estado igual ou inalterado (lista no exaustiva): Queremos ter certeza de que o eBay um espao de vendas justo. eBay: Global Shipping Program If the item arrived damaged, broken, or faulty, add up to 10 images relevant to the reason you're returning the item for, and showing any scratches or defects. Refunds, Returns, and Exchanges for Sellers - Etsy Help USPS Package Tracking Not UpdatingWhats Wrong? Send the funds using the buyer's preferred method. If the item you purchased arrived damaged or not as described, and you reported the issues to the seller or Reverb within 7 days of delivery, the seller would be responsible for the return shipping costs. A Beginner Seller's Guide to Return Shipping on eBay The seller keep the sale price but their funds may be on hold for a week. If you look at the other side, a lot of sellers get scammed with the item is damaged and I want a refund, or partial or. You can also start a return request from your Purchases in My eBay. Have you had an eBay item returned damaged? Quando os compradores no cumprem esses padres, tomamos medidas em relao a eles e protegemos nossos vendedores. Why Did My Package Go Farther Away, USPS? If the buyer decided the item was fine, but not what he hoped (Buyer Remorse), he pays for return shipping. Take action within 30 days. ( 2 ) Core Charge $360.00. Oh, I totally agree. If you dont receive a response from them during the specified period, you can contact the platform and ask for assistance. I attachedpictures of the item and requested resolution. Otherwise, register and sign in. Many eBay sellers do not understand that No Returns does not mean No Refunds. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Lord of The Rings Return of The King Gollum Talking Action Figure * Box Damaged* at the best online prices at eBay! If the estimated delivery date for your order has passed and your item hasn't arrived, you can let the seller know by reporting that you didn't receive it. Receive a full refund, partial refund, or replacement item. Get Your Money Back in a Snap, Why Is Amazon Delivery So Slow? If its a fragile item, use a double box with 2 of padding or fill in the first box and 3 of padding or fill between the two boxes. 2 min . As a seller though, I would hate to see ebay make this a requirement .". Who pays for return shipping cost on items damaged during shipping? You can return the item if the seller accepts returns, but as it's no longer in the exact same condition as when you received it, some sellers might provide a partial refund to account for the loss in the item's value. With eBay, it's left to theseller's good graces to reimburse the buyer or a lengthy, and often antagonistic, negotiation is required between the two. The next morning, EBay had refunded her??? 1 review of Ebay "I've sold on eBay since 1998 under two different accounts. first selfie ever taken Crate Engine, Chrysler 408 Stroker Magnum 465 HP Stage 3 Long Block, Assembled, Hydraulic Roller Tappet, Internal Balance, Aluminum Heads, Dodge, 6.7L. After following these steps, eBay will stop automatically approving your buyer's returns. If so I would have called back to get a new representative on the line to straighten it out. In case the payment is pending for more than 30 days, the amount will be automatically refunded to your account. INAD returns are paid for by the seller. Ask the buyer to confirm that theyve received the fundsand to upload tracking to the return request so you can see that the item is on its way.