Rescues that come with cages and food may be easier to place. Chinchilla Rescue | Forever Feisty Chinchilla Rescue | Home Both rescues operate on a large scale and their sponsorship programs accept PayPal so that anyone worldwide can reach out and bless the life of a precious, deserving chinchilla. along with the Adoption Policy page before contacting us or applying for an application of adoption. email us (207) 626-0130 Surrender Form PDF Online Surrender Form About Maine Chinchilla Shelter General chinchilla care questions and questions regarding Whimsy's opinions on certain products are addressed and answered on this website. Do you think that adopting a rescue chin and giving it a forever home is a good option for you? Chinchillas for Adoption - Search & Adopt a Chinchilla So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group. When you're ready to adopt, complete the onlineAdoption Application. Dogs and cats that rightfully belong to individuals and families may be illegally acquired by use of dirty tricks, such as: *Responding to free to good home ads in local newspapers, posing as providers of loving homes*Falsifying animal records to keep their true origins unknown*Stealing pet dogs and cats from their owners yards and farmsToo often, dogs and cats are subjected to abusive handling and exposure to the elements while kept on the premises of Class B dealers. Please consider donating to the shelterfor our. A Maine licensed animal shelter facility for chinchillas, license # F1346. That way, the chinparent can periodically clean them gently with a Q-Tip and flush them with veterinary prescribed anti-bacterial eye drops or a saline solution. Rather, a minimum initial investment of 50 USD (charging more is strongly advisable, both pet stores and breeders charge more and rescue/ rehomed chins arent less valuable) for a chinchilla is necessary to show some proof that the adopter is financially competent and willing and able to cover veterinary and routine care expenses. Chinchilla For Sale - Chinchilla Pet Shop | CHINCHILLASALE In a sense, these chins were once someones babies. We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. And all adoptions come with lifetime support if ever you have questions that are not already answered on this site. Wolcott, IN. We are not concerned with what our turnover is or how many we adopt out, but rather how many we can help and improve their lives is our priority. Our goal is to help pet chinchilla owners avoid the tragedy of dumping, kill shelters, and the dangers ofFree to Good Home.. Contact: chinchillachateau@gmail.com | (209) 679-4736 Colorado Cuddlebug Chinchillas Location: Aurora, CO Website: cuddlebugchinchillas.com Contact: cornellia@cuddlebugchinchillas.com | (720) 460-1738 Connecticut Forever Feisty Chinchilla Rescue Location: Granby, CT Website: foreverfeistychinchilla.org Update: 9/19/22 We are in the process of contacting all of the owners on this page to verify and update all information. Also, please tell us the town and state you are located in to better help you. 30.02: Definitions As used in 330 CMR 30.00: Adopt or Adoption. Search our Shelter Directory. When I came home I had to be kept separate from Timmy for a few days in case he decided to chew my stitches, but we both missed each other. We have always and continue to do adoptions for many of our wonderful rescues. We highly encourage all chinchilla guardians to educate themselves fully about these beautiful and wonderful animals. The entire amount of the adoption fee is put into the rescue's funds and used towards the care of the chinchillas. We provide a healthy, loving home for unwanted and neglected chinchillas with permanent housing in our rescue and through adoptions. If chins arrive with illness or injury theyare only offered for adoption when they are healthy. The chinchilla's physical and mental wellbeing is always our TOP PRIORITY. NWI Chinchilla Rescue. longer care for, please contact your local rescue organization. You can use ChinCares Adoption Contract/Qualification Assessment, or request answers to the most vital questions as outlined below. male small young. Whether you're looking for just one, a pair, or want to find a friend for a chinchilla you already own, chances are they're here. We are advocates against animal abuse/neglect of any kind. What type of feed does the applicant use? 1. Suffolk County, Boston, MA ID: 23-02-09-00460 BABY Chi Mix Black & Brown Male 2 years 19 lbs. If it differs from the pellets and hay that you use be sure the applicant realizes that youll be providing a small quantity of what theyre eating now so that a gradual transition in the chins diet can be made, to avoid GI distress. Please read our page "Are You Right for a Chinchilla?" Animal Hoarding is not about legitimate sheltering or rescue. An individual with whom an Animal is Placed by a Rescue Organization. Email: rescues@azchins.com Phone: 520-490-7873 Arkansas Rescues California Rescues http://www.chinchillarescue.org/ Phone: (805) CHINS-88 Email: volunteer@cachins.org Colorado Rescues Connecticut Rescues Forever Feisty Chinchilla Sanctuary Location: Granby, CT website: https://www.foreverfeistychinchilla.org/ Email: foreverfeistychins@sbcglobal.net The reason you can walk into a pet store and purchase whatever you want is that the store is in it to make money. If you have a chinchilla that you can no longer care for and wish to surrender him/her to our rescue, you can email us. www.aplaceforace.org a little nervous, Baby did not get a lot of Read more These are wonderful animals, but they do require specific care and with proper care/diet can live 15-20+ years! God, I said, this is terrible! Posts. Lowell Humane Society. The adoption fees I charge go right back to the rescue to help other animals. We do not allow anyone to drop off chinchillas at our rescue. 254 likes 269 followers. As for adopting, fees usually run from $50 to $100. We came into the rescue on 24th June 2006 as our previous owners were emigrating to the USA. Hoarding is a problem involving dogs, cats, and sometimes other species. ? means the email we had on file has bounced back and we are trying to obtain their new info! February 4th. Maine Chinchilla Ranch | Sidney ME view our pets. Return home with your chin and pursue other options, dont compromise your chins future for anything! past and current health, age, gender and where you acquired the chinchilla (pet store/breeder/shelter). As stated previously: ALWAYS conduct a home visit before finalizing placement. We will pick up your pet and find it a new home. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Worn out mother, father unknown, the runt of the litter, in a world alone. By Country: Beware of ads in the paper that say something similar to Looking for a new home for your pet? Because there are so many chinchillas looking for homes, we unfortunately do not have room for all of them. We will travel to MA, NH, RI, VT, areas of ME, NY, PA and of course throughout CT, to pick up chinchillas in need of a home. Michigan New knowledge is being gained all the time to better care for them. Adopt a Pet is the easiest way for you to search for a new pet in Granby, CT. Support adoption and rescue. That is your right and duty as a responsible, caring chinparent, to prevent tragedies like hoarding, neglect, and abuse. amgajda@sbcglobal.net (219) 789-0026. view our pets. The adoption form allows us to ensure that the chinchillas and other pets that we are adopting out, go to educated . We hate to refuse anyone who contacts us for help and we make every effort possible to do what we can for them. We educate/council the public about the physical and emotional needs of chinchillas so they learn how to provide these animals with a healthy, safe and happy life. An adoption application can be found at the bottom of that page. No animal has ever asked nor sought to be domesticated and kept in a confined environment. We have always and continue to do adoptions for many of our wonderful rescues. Please consider donating to the shelterfor our veterinary fund,shelter chinchillas often need care from an experienced chinchilla veterinarian. In turn, the store funds the rescue work we provide for the chinchillas in our care. This federal law sets the minimum standards of care for animals and requires accurate record-keeping on their acquisition and disposition. WE DO NOT BREED CHINCHILLAS. No one owns another living creature. Rescues - Cuddlebug Chinchillas This is your final opportunity to ensure that everything is right, i.e., that the environment is clean and not excessively loud or chaotic. If chins arrive with illness or injury theyare only offered for adoption when they are healthy. Many of these little ones have survived terrible hardships and really need a chinparent who is willing to go the extra mile for them! Why dont you do something? God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly. https://foreverfeistychinchilla.org/adoptions.html. Chinchillas And Cats Can They Live Together? We do not recommend chinchillas for young children. Whimsy's Menagerie Chinchilla Rescue | Copyright 2008-2023Website designed and maintained by Mandi V. Website designed and maintained by Mandi V. Massachusetts by a Rescue Organization. Timmy looked after me though. h{7?db&3J[k$[|()vUVI-9bQzl2 wsVw]k;_Rvvv=P+j.]](DPA8.OZ>dp>']>W//_G]hGW7 {\qQ69?\^}#|>y8xs.nv-S_p<. List Your Pets. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. By Country: Canada Spain USA. Copyright 2003-2021 ChinchillaRescue.org and California Chinchillas. Returning chins to the breeder who brought them into the world act as a checks and balances against pet overpopulation. We are at the front of the cage for treats but go into our nest box if its horrible medicine! Most domesticated rodents like hamsters, rats, guinea pigs, and mice live for less than ten years. Find Dogs. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life. The truth is, there is no such thing as a free pet anyway A responsible person who would properly take care of an animal will understand this and will not be opposed to paying a reasonable fee for a healthy pet, especially if some or all of these health items have already been taken care of.(ref- petrescue.com), People value what they pay for. Chinchilla Rescue | Forever Feisty Chinchilla Rescue | Adoptions ChinchillaStuff.com cannot guarantee care for animals placed in rescue. Emails with ??? Part of this is the baseline level of confusion about different types of animal groups and what they do. Paying a fee for a pet shows good faith on the part of the new owner and demonstrates their willingness to properly care for the animal. We are available for temporary foster care, education, supplies, and networking with other local rescue organizations. Never trust your chin to anyone who refuses a home visit. endstream endobj 69 0 obj <>/Outlines 32 0 R/Pages 66 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 70 0 obj <>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]>>/Rotate 0/TrimBox[0 0 612 1009]/Type/Page>> endobj 71 0 obj <>stream Chins who are offered for adoption have completed a quarantine period of not less than two weeks. Of course, all of these can be and often are legitimate activities providing needed services to unwanted animals; each of these activities does and should elicit great sympathy. 12.46 Virginia. These cases are particularly difficult to resolve because it involves overcoming an entrenched systematic effort to acquire animals, usually with a long history of enabling by a public ill-informed about animal hoarding and easily swayed by claims of good intentions. We are a Sanctuary & Rescue and work in CT, MA, NH, RI, VT, Southern ME & Eastern NY. You will fall in love with your new . If you would like to speak with us about the surrender of your chin, email us your phone number and we will usually call you within 24 hours. In some cases we can pick up chinsat your home or meet you, but most surrenders are brought to the shelter in South China, Maine. If Surrenders. The Frequently Asked Questions page is a good place to start. We do not have a 'revolving door' on our rescue. It occurs when animal lovers or rescuers take on more animals than they can manage or are for; thus, they unintentionally become passive abusers themselves. This information has been placed on ChinchillaStuff.com as a means of easier access to direct information. Below is the story of Whisper and Timmy (R&J Rescue sponsorship letter). Forever Feisty Chinchilla Rescue. Adopt Me. The map below is interactive. 330 CMR 30 - Massachusetts They will sometimes use children as part of the ploy and present themselves as a perfect family. 2003 - 2023 Forever Feisty Chinchilla Rescue, Inc. All rights reserved. We ask that you tell us any information you know about the chinchilla, i.e. 12.50 Wyoming. Check out our blog as well, where we discuss various issues more in-depth. We also provide awareness of the hardships and mass breeding of chinchillas on ranches for the pelting and pet industries. Not all volunteers listed are guaranteed to have space available at all times. 73 Chinchilla Breeders Near You with Chinchillas for Sale (2023) of California Chins. Take your new chin(s) home and contact me anytime with questionsvia text, email, facebook, or phone. Chinchilla Rescue Chinchillas for Adoption near Brockton, Massachusetts DESPERAUX is a Chinchilla rescue chinchilla for adoption in Boston, Massachusetts. The Tufts University has a good working definition: Someone who accumulates a large number of animals; who fails to provide minimal nutrition, sanitation, and veterinary care; fails to act on the deteriorating condition of the animals (including disease, starvation, and even death) or the environment (severely overcrowded and unsanitary conditions); and who fails to act on or recognize the negative impact of the collection on their own health and well being. (ref- americanhumane.org), Unfortunately, owners desperate to place an unwanted pet may not ask too many questions, even when the solution sounds too good to be true. At the beginning of the listing, I tell you what state the chinchilla is currenly living in, so please keep this in mind as you will be the one to travel to where the chinchilla is located to adopt him/her. ` Pf* female small adult. This little guy is going to be around for a while. Connecticut Forever Feisty Chinchilla Rescue Inc. Florida Sunshine Chinchillas - central Florida Georgia Chinchilla Rescue and Sanctuary - Serving Georgia and surrounding states Georgia Chinchilla Rescue Hawaii Tails of Aloha - (808) 832-6181 Louisiana NOLA Chinchilla Rescue Massachusetts Andes Mt. Find Rabbits . Although there are only 17 Class B dealers selling random source dogs and cats for research, there are thousands of suppliers [bunchers and they deal in many other pets besides dogs and cats] to the dealers. When each of my rescues was taken in, each former owner was assured they would be placed in the best homes possible, not to just the first person who expressed an interest. Because of this they are not the best companions for everyone or every enviroment. ALWAYS conduct a home visit before finalizing placement. Never trust your chin to anyone who refuses a home visit. When properly cared for, a chinchilla can live up to 20 years. How to Adopt MSPCA-Angell We are a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Rescue which specializes in chinchillas. Look at me deeply, I wanted to say, Ill give you love, please let me stay. Never trust your chin to anyone who refuses a home visit. During the operation it was discovered that I had a string of abscesses in each eye socket, making the surgery quite complicated as the vet had to ensure the optical nerves werent damaged. 12.49 Wisconsin. FTGH puts a chins life in danger. NOTE: It is impossible for list keepers to guarantee the character or legitimacy of those who volunteer online as rescue services! the permission hbbd``b`z$@'Pa ( D 3. Once settled I was taken to the vets to have my eyes checked out and put on a course of eye ointment to try and make my eyes better.