Moving into our home 3 years ago with a 1 year old & a 5 year old was a little hectic. I give as much info as I can for free on my site, but if that doesnt work I recommend the e-design so I can get up close and personal with photos/questionnaire. Your email address will not be published. Hi! The Quiet Moments on the ceiling is reminiscent of an old Southern farmhouse. Oh Chantelle, thank you! Thank you! I think it would, but I recommend trying a sample first to make sure it will give you the look youre wanting. See it on the walls! Photos of Benjamin Moore gray wisp - bluegraygal Just wondering what you might think of my paint choices or even recommend something else for the bathroom or bedroom. That's why for today's post I want to . Denise Oldest I considered Quiet Moments and I have a painted sample. I couldnt believe it was the same shade until I held up my paint fan, but sure as shootin, it is. ~Kylie. Im from Omaha, Nebraska and have an apartment with only North-facing rooms. Named color of the year. I adore this charming cottage bedroom from patina and pearl. I'm in Canada and cannot find either Quiet Moments OR colour #1563 in the Benjamin Moore fan deck. Thanks so much for this post! In our current home, Ive got it in our guest bedroom (which I dont have a super fab photo of yet). Then theres Benjamin Moore Stonybrook which has the right green/blue/gray blend, but it might be just a stitch too gray. This is because paints in this range are adaptable to a wide variety of lighting situations. Now between beach glass and bm silver marlin. Their ability to tap into the trendy end of things as well as the traditional means they are my go-to brands when Im doing my Online Paint Colour Consulting. I really want to find a good combo of a gray type color for the bedroom and a gray/blue/green type color for the master bath. sherwin williams glimmer vs sea salt - jnjhomes.co.uk Hi Leo! Laura. (I have a similar style home with shingles and same roof GAF Pewter Gray) I paid two color consultants who told me it was SW foggy day and SW St. Barts. Thanks for asking! This bedroom is airy and light, with Quiet Moments and white trim. If you have a look at my Feature Wall package I think we can get that forest green love seat & couch figured out! BTW, did you know that I rely 100% on AFTER photos from my local and E-design clients thank you for sending yours in! If youre instincts have you worried though, it might be smart to look to a slightly more gray optionwomens instincts are usually pretty good on these things . If youre going for a coastal look you can also choose navy blues or sandy browns for your Quiet Moments palette. What you can do also is go into the Benjamin Moore stain guide and look at Hamilton Blue and Normandy. Oddly, my daughter is now living in a home that has the same color in a living room that has very little light due to a porch the color is dead dead dead! Benjamin Moore describes Tranquility as a pale blue blended with sage and gray. I can assure you those are not the right colors. If it can be used on a feature wall, island, front door, kitchen cabinets that kind of thing, well, Im ALL in. The Green I Would Have Chosen Instead - Benjamin Moore's 2015 Color of The LRV for Benjamin Moore OC-54 White Wisp is 79.23. What color is your floor? With each color, we discuss we will also discuss the undertones. Benjamin Moore says it exudes tranquility and inspires quiet meditation. Any suggestions for a color that goes with any colors in the furniture?? Any thought on paint color. So what do you think of this color? Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments 1563 - KnockOffDecor.com Get it? Your email address will not be published. At this point, I just want to know what the color is, since I have been studying these pictures for so long. Charming Cottage Bedroom Painted with Quiet Moments, Bathroom painted with Quiet Moments from Benjamin Moore, Traditional Bedroom Painted with Quiet Moments, Cottage Style Bedroom painted with Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, Spa-like Bedroom in Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments Paint Color, Dining Room Painted with Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, Luxurious Bathroom in Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments in Farmhouse Bedroom, Dining Room with Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, Sophisticated Living Room painted with Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments in a Traditional Kitchen, Porch Ceiling Painted with Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, Retro Kitchen in Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments. Thanks! This is a learn-to-decorate blog, not a look-what-Kylie-can-do blog. In fact, it is actually more green than I had originally envisioned. Rainwashed is a blue-green-gray which favours blue more than green with the gray falling back quite a bit. The Best Gray Paint Colors: NEVER-FAIL Gray Paints March 2023 This bedroom is both cheerful and calm with Quiet Moments on the walls. PERSONALLY, it makes me twitch and if I painted my room pink, it would only INCREASE my stress level and I might have to cover up those pretty pink walls with some padding to BANG MY HEAD AGAINST. Their primary difference is that Beach Glass is darker, with a LRV of 49.7. If you want to use them for great articles like this one, no problem. Linda. A great restful color. Part X. Crestone/Baca, Colorado's UN-New Age-Earth Worship-Religious How do you think it would play with old yellow/orange oak floors? Sea salt looks like my favourite. Thank you. I own a remodeling company and blue-green paint tones are very popular! You know, its BEAUTIFUL, its just tough. Benjamin Moore Nimbus Gray. Very Grey. It works nicely with the gray undertones as well as the warmer ones in the draperies. The 10 Best Paint Colours to Create Calm and Reduce Stress Thank you, I know its 2017 and not sure if youll get this but we had to redo walls after a flood in the basement. Smoke is on the blue-green side of things, but ONLY slightly. It is so pretty & calming. It still looks beautiful and the accents are perfect with the color. I would appreciate your opinion about using Sea Salt in a cabin with a pine ceiling. It works for all seasons and with any design style. Im tempted to go a paler blue green colour like BM Sea Foam or even switch to BM Soft Chamois which is what Im doing for the rest of the house. I get SO many compliments on the color and I always give you 100% credit! Is that okay? The bad thing is I am now considering painting AGAIN a slightly different color. Quiet Moments by Benjamin Moore - Decorated Life I get so excited when my clients try it out as its soooo lovely! I hope that helps! I created my Online Color Consulting for readers just like you I have some affordable packages you can check out here https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Creating a cozy and welcoming home is my passion. Intense, bright sunlight can slightly wash out paint colours so dont be afraid to add some depth if you have a well-lit room! Im here to get the creative juices flowing, to get you thinking about what your best stress-free space would look and feel like. This room gets a great deal of natural light and is on the second level. Thank you for supporting my site. Contemporary Bedroomby Middletown Design-Build Firms Aquidneck Properties, Who doesnt want Quiet Moments in the bedroom? The floor looks MUCH too bright this is easily done and most designers/photographers do it to clear photos up and tweak them. Beach Glass is next-door neighbors with Quiet Moments on the paint chip, so these two have more in common than not. Sitting right above Mount Saint Anne in the fan deck, Beach Glass has a similar approach, but its higher LRV leaves a softer impression on your walls. but the more I do the more colors I like! Sea Salt is definitely in the TOP THREE regarding green paint colours. Another challenge is I can BET you that this photo was edited. The first consultant came out and we just looked at swatches. Benjamin Moore Smoke. It is an open floor plan to the master bath. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-best-paint-colours-to-go-with-oak-wood/ If youre ever looking for anything, I do have a Google search bar that can take you to blog posts or the images that are attached to blog posts (its in the sidebar). As with any color, always try a sample first. As always, thank you Jacob! You also have to make sure that youre sampling the right way, and not just painting samples right on the existing wall colour as this can GREATLY influence your perception of a colour. May buy a sample of that teal. I dont want that on my walls, but thinking about for my accents. The Best Benjamin Moore Gray Paint Colors - At Lane and High Benjamin Moore Summer Shower. THINK AGAIN! Read more: The 2 Types of Blue Paint Colours Which One Do YOU Love the Most? My Home Paint Colors: Warm Neutrals and Calming Blues But you are welcome to look through our photos. If the ceiling is flat yes, if the ceiling is textured? It doesnt strike me as pastel minty at all, but sometimes its about perception. I was looking at Sea Salt, Reflection, Tradewind., and Silver Strand. Hi Kathy! Click HERE or on the above image to see available packages, 5. He has successfully helped me with several projects in the past & this turned out even better than I had imagined!! The new Ben Moore Color Stories range has some wonderful grays, such as Penthouse CSP-35. I NEED help. It has no windows. Shop Now LRV 60.73 Collection Benjamin Moore Classics Also Known As CC-700 Get your own digital color dollop of Quiet Moments 1563 Create My Dollop [object Object] Matching Colors Cloud Cover OC-25 Add to Cart For full disclosure go here: Disclosure and Policies. Required fields are marked *. benjamin moore gray wisp vs quiet moments I absolutely love this blue gray green as it is fresh and bright but soft and changes depth of tint in different light levels. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. And as far as trends go, theres no other colour blend more popular than blue-green. Cameo Kitchens, Inc. Sherwin Williams SW7636 Origami White Traditions in Tile. (I dont remember the exact name). by | Jan 25, 2023 | when do pecan trees lose their leaves | congestion worse after sinus rinse | Jan 25, 2023 | when do pecan trees lose their leaves | congestion worse after sinus rinse Sea Salt is one of the top choices regarding shades of green-blue-gray. I am not drawn to greys. I have the color wheat bread from behr, and agreable gray sw throught my first floor. I just think Aegean Teal is a bit limiting, which means less people can use it! Used soft ivory silk drapes. We took your advice on tweaking colors by mixing 2 gals SW Comfort Gray with 1 gal Sea Salt for the bedroom then used straight Sea Salt in the bath. We dont have power so there isnt any other light source during the day- but our days are long in the summer (18 hours) so light isnt an issue. Perfect timing! She cannot wait to get a different shade up on the walls! The paint color category itself can simply be described as gray paint that comes with a blue undertone. Hi there, love your website! Hi Linda, I DO have a blog post about that sweet! Whole House Paint Color Scheme with Photos I love rich colors with white trim. The color is dominating 2022 paint predictions, a phenomenon that Benjamin Moore just solidified by naming a soft, sage-inspired iterationOctober Mist 1495as the color of the upcoming year. Stratton Blue also works well for an ENTIRE room. With a North facing living room, I have to be careful! We painted our bedroom a few months ago, but havent finished the furnishings yet. I have a friend who is moving into a new home and all the walls are gray. Do you need it to be washable? Hi Nancy, yes, Aleutian IS a super striking colour! I think BM Ocean Air is beyond dreamy! And while it has its place in many homes due to its PLACEMENT in the fan deck, I think it gets missed a lot! To give you an idea of size, the table is 48 round. 6. situations.on a sunny day, on a cloudy day, with and without the visit all of my favorite paint color posts. And its a great color for creating a restful bedroom. Those are some pretty smoky greenish/blue greys. I think the problem is that when the door is open, as it usually is, you can see the bedroom from the kitchen, great room, dining room and entry hall because this is an open concept house. The one with the white bedspread What is the colour called? Are you an avid reader? ! The gray is understated, but it mutes the brightness of Quiet Moments just enough to make it look elegant instead of juvenile. Gray Wisp is just a few paint chips away from Quiet Moments. Benjamin Moore Gray Owl: Color Spotlight - The Creativity Exchange The timeless gray with slightly cooler undertones - Benjamin Moore Harbor Gray is an extremely elegant and beautiful paint. And I love the extra you threw in at the endnow Im racking my brain for what/where I can paint it. And yes, those darned porch overhangs can kill almost ANY colour, so shell also want to supplement with some good interior lighting to help a colour along . Not sure which is best for you and your home? The latest lady recommended I try Useful because she says I need more green undertoned grays to help with the purple and blue that seems to come out on my walls. Its darker version Comfort Gray is similar to BM Tranquility with just a weeee smidge more colour in it (less gray). I read it goes well with dark wood tones, which we have. BM Aegean Teal curious! I love Rainwashed on a large test swatch, but for some reason when I do a google image search for it, the rooms mainly look pastel minty rather than the green/grey of my swatch! Calming Paint Colour: Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray HC-171. :>(((((. Hi Christina! BM Simply White trim. Hi, what is the difference between SW comfort grey and BM Tranquility? The granite countertop has some gray in it. Iced Marble and Greyhound, more blue and less green. Heres a breakdown of the colors on this Quiet Moments color palette: You can grab a free downloadable copy of it when you subscribe to my newsletter below. There are so many nice white paint colors to use with it. The first two ladies said my counters had warm grays in it and the third lady said it looked cool. We recently redid our kitchen in a blue and white scheme, and it was a way to carry the color over into a room without using the blue on the wall. Quiet Moments is a very soft, muted gray with a hint of blue and a tiny touch of green. I just painted my Southwest facing bathroom Rainwashed . Classic Gray has an LRV of almost 75, so its at the start of the off-white range, giving a softer, more subtle contrast with white trim. Quiet Moments is one of those chameleon shades that can look green in some lights, blue in others, and once in a while just look grayish. Gibraltar Cliffs has an LRV of 30, so while its slightly darker, the colour of it rises nicely, especially when hit with a dash of natural light! This years most popular trending color is green. This traditional kitchen is gorgeous. 20 Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments Paint Color Ideas Remodelaholic | 5 Tricks for Choosing the Perfect Paint Color Its soft and elegant and looks wonderful with the crisp white trim paint and bathtub. Earl Gray is actually a GRAY, but it has a very solid blue-green undertone to it. Thank you! Hi Kristen! Hi Kylie, we just painted our laundry room sea salt, and the main areas of the house canvas tan and neutral groundI love it! I would have to refer you to my E-design, where I do have the Quick Consult option as well! Beautiful with linen bedding, linen upholstered bed & chair. Hi Kylie. And if you are going absolutely crazy Ill leave you with the thought that it COULD be a custom colour. Eclectic Kitchenby Frederick Interior Designers & Decorators Meredith Ericksen. In this more casual bedroom, the warm wood tones, white trim, and gray accents have a classic look that will never go out of style. The way you explain how the colors work on walls with different light is so incredibly helpful for me. https://www.houzz.com/photos/4144082/Spring-Lake-Seaside-Colonial-Jersey-Shore-Home-traditional-entry-new-york. Shes also an artist with a passion for color, and exploring the relationship between color and emotions. Quiet Moments on a Bathroom Vanity Built-ins are Cloud White. Hi Jessie! In the above room, the wood tones, fabrics, and trim all work together beautifully to create a calming, serene space thats very desirable in any bedroom. Anyway, I usually talk too much. Silver Marlin has an LRV of 57, so its a light-medium tone. We have dark brown trim and a dark brown roof with white soffits and fascia. I have had three Sherwin Williams color consultants come out to my house. I think your rug choice has a lot of variables. Thank you so much for getting back to me. Thanks for visiting Or, you could choose to use Quiet Moments with other colors to balance it. I used BM Ashwood in our bedroom . I have SW Creamy on all the trim throughout my house. Area Rugs that go with Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments Paint, Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments Peel and Stick Paint Sample, 14 Popular Bedroom Colors Shown in Real Rooms, Woodinville Interior Designers & Decorators, Merritt Island Interior Designers & Decorators, Frederick Interior Designers & Decorators, all my free printable color palettes and art, 2023 Sherwin Williams Paint Color Forecast, 16 Popular Bedroom Paint Colors from your Favorite Home bloggers, Benjamin Moore Pale Oak why its a favorite, Benjamin Moore White Dove OC-17 Review and why its a favorite, Great Smoky Mountains Fall Color Palette and How to Use It, https://www.amazon.com/shop/postcardsfromtheridge/list/5V0ZQST45KWA. I was using grayed blue/green drapes and a rug with a blue ground. If you would like me to see some photos of your home and its features, you can check out my E-design where I have packages exactly for this situation! I dont want the wall to look too much green or blue. Beach Glass has been around for a long time for a good reason. And the orange lights add just the right pop of color. Here you can see where we used it in a clients custom living room design. This color is incredible. Benjamin Moore Thunder AF-685- A NEW Favorite Gray - West Magnolia Charm BOTH of these colours bring some nice contrast against white OR wood trim. Stratton Blue is a stunner if you want a colour with a bit more meat on its bones, both in depth and colour! Paint Colour Review: Benjamin Moore Classic Gray OC-23 I have a small 3 bedroom house with nicely lit rooms. Hi Erin, it sounds to me like Sea Salt could look beautiful for you! I need to paint the exterior of my house . Calming Paint Colour: Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray HC-171 If you're not a fan of undertones (knowing that EVERY gray will have them ), but want a LITTLE bit of interest, you might like the approach of Wickham Gray. It can be considered a greige because of the yellow and gray it has in it. I am so stressed and overwhelmed. However, its unpredictable, and you HAVE to get the SAMPLIZE sheet to see how it might act in your room (rather than relying on a small paint chip). It goes very well with antique decor. I love it with the end tables I painted in General Finishes Tavern Green. I do like Palladian Blue. Best, On walls that got intense sun I used the darker color. I would love for Repose to work because I have painted a bathroom and bedroom with Mindful. Seems very blue. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Aside from this caveat, youre free to use Quiet Moments anywhere you like. It looks nice and blue gray (what I'm going for) in our dining room but in the living room it's a bright turquoise/aqua color. If its a lighter gray, like atleast 65+LRV then yes, if not, then no. Its a blend of blue and gray with a minor green coming through to soften it up. Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments Review | Cool Gray Paint Colors Mount Saint Anne is a soft, medium-toned blue with a wink of green in it and a stormy gray to calm it down. In my bedroom I have SW Topsail, but the Creamy paint does not look right. So there you have it just a few of the BEST blue-green paint colours! Agreeable Gray, Repose, Gray Owl to name a few I didnt buy my furniture yet, so I am not sure what are the cokors, but definitely something neutral. Unfortunately due to the amount of emails/questions I get in a day Im unable to answer personal questions. What are your accent colors (art, dishes, curtains, etc)? Todays favorite paint color is Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, #1563. BTW, Lattice is QUITE similar to Sherwin Williams Front Porch if youre looking for a colour to compare it with. benjamin moore tranquility vs beach glass Hi Abby! sandiway.arizona.edu Hi Cindy. Gray is so "in" these days! What would you suggest for the Dining Room rug? All Rights Reserved. 2. No Although the master looks way more neutral a bit more green. . Calming Paint Colour: Sherwin Williams Grassland SW 6163. Im trying to figure out lighter tones that will work with the beautiful medium stained woodwork in the house. I know this is stressful, if those dont work check out my E-design and maybe I can make some sense of it for you. I would like a sagey gray green that doesnt shift too much to blue or gray and wont over power my low ranch style home. Top 10 Aqua Paint Colors for Your Home | Abby Organizes