In terms of comfort they're about the same; If you're a real entertainment buff then you might find the Delta One screens on the 767 a little bit small and distant. Connecting to Wi-Fi is easy. It has fantastic food, a beautiful cabin, as well as impeccable service. This topic has been automatically closed due to a period of inactivity. Tiffany - I have lots of AA miles, and lots of Chase Ultimate Rewards, SPG miles. This topic has been automatically closed due to a period of inactivity. Air France says that its premium economy seat provides 40 per cent more space than in economy, and the fixed-shell design means that you won't encroach on the space of the person behind when. I have the Delta credit card, so that also inspires me. Air France is the only airline to offer a Business class service in France. -When you say KLM's service is "adorably Dutch," what you mean to say is "indifferent, gruff, borderline German". AF premium economy Vs Delta Premium select - FlyerTalk Forums Delta business class guide: reviews, seats - Executive Traveller Also, those in Delta Premium Select have the chance to enjoy larger meals that may include bread and salad, while the lucky few in Delta One enjoy pre-departure bottled water, more food menus by partners like Union Square Hospitality Group or Chief Linton Hopkins are served with Alessi flatware and a wide array of beverages. Delta's business class seat (left) vs. Air France's business class seat (right). I mean, look at these bowls: KLM business class breakfast bowls. This center distributes vaccines for global travel. For the return, I had a late connection from Rome. I was unceremoniously rebooked into a middle seat on a777 leaving three hours later. I fly economy on both of them going back and forth and literally haven't even paid enough attention to be able to tell you what the difference(s) is/are. Ive found both to be excellent carriers. The service and food were outstanding on the outbound flight from LAX-CDG, but the business cabin was almost empty. New Air France business class with reverse-herringbone lie-flat seats All Air France planes are scheduled to have the new product by the summer of 2017. If it's only Delta One, not the suites, you aren't in a completely enclosed space. But Ive received great service with Air France also. The Main Differences Between First Class and Business Class Maybe it's the esthetiques. Get business class award alerts like this one sent straight to your inbox with Thrifty Traveler Premium! Flight Review: Air France Business Class on the Airbus A350, Paris to Miami Delta has Basic Economy, Main Cabin, Comfort, Premium Select, Delta First, and Delta One. I also find Delta Economy better but Air France's business has better food (especially now from what I hear), In flight service in coach varies on both. The Airline operates a combination of fleet, including Boeing widebody jets and Airbus, on long-haul routes. Its major hubs include Atlanta, Los Angeles, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. If the price is your biggest factor when making the decision on which class to fly in, you should probably choose to fly Economy. Guests get either one or two lavatories dedicated to the cabin. The Delta One Suites are the best Delta offers because you can close a little door. The major downside to Virgin Atlantic is London Heathrow. However, on the A330-300, the center aisle only has partial dividers. Wonderful posts and responses. All my recent Air France transatlantic business flights have been in a Boeing 777, not the A350. This review is of the inaugural to Toronto. Meanwhile, the company will have to cut emissions by half in 2024 for flights within mainland France. Business Class vs First Class: Which is Better for You? - Thrifty Traveler Image Credit: Delta. The flight entertainment system has many channels of audio, video, music, and games. Great rundown. However, if you want to stream content, the Stream Pass costs 30 Euros or about $32. All rights reserved. I'm going to be very careful booking AF in the future. As a business class passenger, you get priority check-in and boarding, allowing you to zip through long economy lines. The airline is one of the largest in the world. Air France Business Class vs. Delta One Business Class [2023] Or is it more expensive somehow? I feel it is hype over substance. So connections from London are limited, and not terribly convenient. Anyway, back to KLM, I found the FAs to be extremely pleasant, knowledgeable, and eager to keep the passengers happy. This is another area where Air France has promised to improve its service. Air France Partnership | Delta Air Lines Part of the fun of flying is looking out the window, and that's a strain, particularly on the latter. Maybe the EU is less litigious, but for whatever reason, it was a pleasant surprise to have common sense prevail. Air France Business Class Dining. I was seated next to a friend of the pilot, who was brought meals and drinks from (the empty) First Class cabin. Similarly, if Air France operates a long-haul flight from Paris (CDG) to Denver (DEN), its lie-flat seat is also called business class. Air Frances drinks menu is also extensive with premium liquor, an excellent wine list, cocktails, beer, as well as champagne. Rest of Europe I'd say KLM because of the better seats than AF (though I'd say AF once refurbishment is completed), the strong regional network (especially in Scandinavia and the UK), Schiphol being a better airport than CDG and FCO combined and tge Delft houses which are a reason to fly in itself. Having trouble even getting KLM award space to show up on Delta's site. I actually have found them pretty comfy.but that's probably more due to the champagne + ambien than the actual seat. Deli spread at the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse LHR. Theres a power outlet for your devices and fast Wi-Fi in the lounge too. The best seats are typically the ones that have the most legroom and are located near the aisle. Best Business Class Flight Airlines To Fly in 2023 I have flown DL pretty much exclusively the past decade or so, but just returned from four long flights on KLM -- LAX-AMS-CPT-AMS-JFK -- and was extremely happy with the experience. Do you prefer Airbus A350 to Boeing 787? Theyve partnered with Someone Somewhere, a Mexico-based brand. However, Delta for many is the preferred domestic airline, and as Tiffany mentioned, presents many great options when redeeming to Europe. Face-off: Best Business Class IFE - Air Canada, American, Delta, United I booked (3) seats Paris - Houston for 66,500 Air France KLM Flying Blue miles + $383.17 apiece. Now, THIS, I remember ! Look forward to the Upper Class review Nick. I am still eager to try VS and Alitalia (which I have only taken intra-Europe), and hope I'll have a chance to fly Korean before Delta severs its alliance completely. Depending on the aircraft, guests will get slightly different seats. I had a rather unpleasant flight on a discount Air France brand's plane (Joon, now a discontinued brand). (My flight in the suites was noisy because during the flight the crew got word that France was going into lockdown and our flight would be the last for many months. However, Air France is in the process of reconfiguring their entire longhaul fleet, and thenew business class looks lovely. Both of those airlines are good airlines. As a SkyTeam member, youll also receive access to other premium airport lounges offered by partner airlines in various cities all over the world. There's also other factors like itinerary and price. Delta has always offered a robust in-flight entertainment program with Delta Studio. But the KLM lounge people rearranged things and got me in 1A again, which, for a day flight, was fine even in the older seat, with more legroom than the new one would have afforded. The gourmet meals are a highlight in the cabin as it comes with curated dishes by world-class chefs. I have had great service and horrid on these airlines and basically any airline :), The wine served with the meal is better on Air France. Aside from fantastic seats, you get premium lounge access including priority check-in or boarding. The current Air France promo that provides for refundability of the ticket price is only for flights through June 30, 2022. I'm SkyTeam Elite+ (via my Delta status) and I can pick any seat in my ticketed cabin on an Air France flight, even when I've purchased it through Delta's website and it's a Delta marketed flight (ie, it has a Delta flight number, though the actual metal is Air France.) But I hate that you can't choose your seat with Air France like you can with Delta unless you pay. Review: EgyptAir Lounge Cairo Airport (CAI), Lufthansas Boeing 787 Business Class: Exactly As Expected. What seats are available and what are they next to. Their crappy old planes, the seat layout where you cannot look out the windows so you spend your time staring at another person because you are angled facing that person, the truly awful meals for a business class product. Yes. As Ive mentioned before,Alitalia isan Italian airline. In this post, I will be discussing how they differ in services rendered. The layout varies depending on the plane. I know they are partners, and their fares are the same. If you know youll be redeeming your miles soon, this is a great way to bolster your account balances. This is one of those times where knowing what type of plane you're flying in is important. Nolan just asked about partners, and I didn't want to get into the pricing algorithms again in this post. I want to do LAX-AUK in Aug 2016 with SO's in China, HKG, MEL on outbound. Air France Business Class A350-900 review - Monkey Miles Air France has always been my first choice, then Delta. Air France business class - FlyerTalk Forums I am looking at a flight in September from Atlanta to Paris and can fly either with Delta or Air France business class, yes they code share. Premium Economy: Price. Although I tried their Prem Econ onboard the 777 it's kind of better in terms that it is cheaper, you still get champagne, entertainment, and a seat that reclines well for a day flight (or night if you are like my wife who can Just a small tip of advice: do NOT fly AF B. Second that! Image Credit: Air France. It is a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance. This has been managed by both Air France and KLM. I can see the flights when I search by $ amount, but no amount of changes can make it appear when I click on miles - regardless of the cost in miles. SU (Aeroflot) is another option for Europe. For any tickets purchased this year, if you later cancel the flight, you get full credit for the amount you spent, valid through 12/31/23. Thanks SO MUCH for the post! Some guests might feel its impersonal, but its only because there are a lot of guests attendants have to handle. Stay connected with the latest travel, aviation, and credit card news. Delta lets you pre-order meals ahead of time online or in their Delta App. On long-haul flights, people on Main Cabin and Comfort will get blankets and pillows, and they will receive basic amenity kits including toothpaste and toothbrush, earplugs, eyeshades, and towelette. The airport wasalready unpleasant, crowded, and prone to industrial action (again, Italian), and the recent terminal fire has only exacerbated that situation. Totally agree on the AF 7 across. It's much better :-). When you fly Air France business class from their hub in Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG), you receive free access to the newest Air France lounge at Terminal 2E. Its not the best but comes with decent performance. Wonderful posts and responses. Maybe the EU is less litigious, but for whatever reason, it was a pleasant surprise to have common sense prevail. Air France offers staples like a pillow, blankets, hangers, and slippers for business class guests. A points consultant is the right person to talk to if you want to experience luxury travel for cheap! Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. The seat isreally comfortable,as are the pillow and duvet. If Air France operates a short-haul flight from Paris (CDG) to Nice (NCE), its business class seats are simply economy seats with the middle seat blocked off. 6 Things You Should Know About Surfing Before Heading Out In The Ocean, 6 Awesome Travel Locations For All Golf Lovers, Essential Camping Equipment Everyone Needs, Useful Tips That Will Make Your Next Outdoor Adventure More Exciting, Hot Air Balloon Rides in Paris: Why You Should Take One, South of France Money-Saving Tips for Students, What To Do On a Romantic Weekend in Paris, Where to Eat the Best American Food in Paris, How to Host the Perfect French Dinner Party, 4 Cities in France That Are Perfect for Shopping, Marketing your Travel Website or Holiday Home: Tips and Tricks, The Best Travel Bags For Your Next Holiday In France, Why the Transport System of Paris is One of the Best, Paris Travel Blog: The Ultimate Paris Travel Guide, Must-Experience: 3 Fabulous Flower Festivals in France, Study in France: What Books I Read in College. Top 10 best airlines for transatlantic Business Class While Delta doesn't quite have the foreign flair of any of these 4, it does have good seats on all aircraft, very good catering (great on certain premium routes like JFK and ATL to LHR, CDG, AMS and FRA), and the rest of the soft product is very good as well. These are angled seats, angled towards the window, or angled toward each other, if in the middle. Overall it my People discount Delta because the lack of "prestige" airline partners like Lufthansa, Cathay, Singapore, Emirates, the perceived lack of availability of premium award space, and a previously broke award calendar. It was a combination of a horrible catering choice (Lentil salad at the beginning of a 9 hour flight) and an inconsiderate person in front of me who put his chair on recline for the entire time. Airbus A330-900neo Seat Maps, Specs & Amenities - Delta Air Lines Delta's new product is better IMHO. Stop applying for credit cards with high-interest rates and bad deals for points. Aboard the Boeing 777-200 and certain 777-300, the seats are arranged in a 1-2-1 layout. Moreover, a rowdy group of AF non-rev people were having a party, and they did not invite me. This time last year, The Flight Deal reported rock-bottom Business Class fares with SkyTeam and the option of mixing Delta, Air France, and KLM operated flights from Dusseldorf to North America for $1,500 all-in. These lavatories are nothing special except for, All seats aboard business class cabins lie flat, measuring. If you prefer using your own devices, there are USB and charging ports within easy reach. Planes depend on the flight. You can also lower the armrest of the seat to give you extra width. Your email address will not be published. Or is that a gay thing like Lucky Ben and The Points Guy? I won't go too in-depth with this part of the comparison but I can't neglect it either. On occasion, you might spot high-end toiletries stocked here. Air France/KLM Flying Blue miles are some of the easiest points to earn since they partner with so many bank partners. All seats on Delta One Business Class lie flat. The lounge is free for business class passengers including SkyTeam Alliance members. One thing you can count on when you get onboard the Delta One is that youll get beautiful and stylish seats. Air France delivers one of the best on-air dining experiences inside their business class cabin. I may buck the trend here, but I HATED Virgin Atlantic. Editorial Disclosure: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any entity mentioned herein. Or the crew might even be a mix. Counted among the top-tier lounges across the United States, youll find Delta Sky Club lounges to be stylish and fresh. If you dont like fun, this is not a good choice for you. It's almost AF J service with Delta domestic First class seat. As for codeshare flights and being switched from one to the other, at the time of booking you can see who is flying the metal, so if you have a strong preference, you can manage it. For in-flight catering, shorter domestic flights have a selection of coffee, snacks, tea, and bottled water in the economy, while those who board higher classes may enjoy complimentary wine, soft drinks, beer, and juices. These airlines feature redesigned business products to deliver comfortable and stylish new seats and superb amenities while ensuring a lavish journey for their passengers. Strike action is occasionally a risk with French companies, and I also find they're a bit "shruggy" if something goes wrong. My experience with KLM has also been stellar. Great report and great style of writing. The DL product in biz class, known as Delta One, is excellent. For the last (and shortest) of these flights, KLM switched equipment, moving from a 777 with new World Business Class to one with old (Northwest product). In either case you can use the Skyclub and AF lounges. Inside Delta Airlines EMBARRASSING Business Class Suites Sure the soft product and food on the partner airlines is better (although the service and food are slightly worse on VS or at best no better than DL) but not drastically so. What really impressed me, though, is that KLM turns off the seat belt light upon reaching cruising altitude and does not turn it back on until final approach. We will be booking business class tickets. But if you fly via Atlanta, there are currently 4 flights to Paris (2 operated by Delta and 2 by AF) Top Places For Live Jazz Music, Top 10 Tips To Help You Study Effectively While Traveling. Meals aboard Air France are noteworthy, both in presentation and taste. I seem to remember that used to be true. The airline manages the Air France Vaccinations Center in the 7th arrondissement, Paris. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. This is bad above and beyond the angled flat beds. Delta vs Air France flight from USA - Paris Forum - Tripadvisor Hope this helps! A noise-reducing headset is also available on the seat but the monitor has Bluetooth capacity so you can use your headset if you like. AF's older PE seats (still in their 777's, for instance) are the dreaded clamshell. The fuel surcharges can be a bummer on Virgin, but the others are pretty reasonable. Air France and KLM booking classes are organized first by cabin. We went through some bumpy skies, especially over the equator, and it was refreshing not to be awakened with seat belt announcements, which are common on Delta. Oh, AF offers a glass of champagne before take off. Next comes Delta at 2.76/3. These airlines have been around for a long while, and thats why Im sure that youll be having a great time when you get to board to your destination. Once you start with those vlogs, the almighty Youtube algorithm will take you way, way down the rabbit hole into the whole world of folks who fly business & first and post about it for a living. Throughout the space, freestanding buffets with drink and food options are in strategic spots. I could go on but you get the drift. Part of the fun of flying is looking out the window, and that's a strain, particularly on the latter. You'll think you booked with one and end on a plane run by the other. Keep overlooking as far as Air Europa is concerned ;-). I hope that this is helpful. I would fly Delta just so you don't have to deal with the possibility of a strike. But in my opinion, another possible way you can go to AKL is to fly EY from LAX-AUH and then AUH-LHR again on EY (or BA if you want to try different first class) and finally LHR-SYD-AKL on QF. It's very different from Delta domestic first class, where most will not even exchange a quick hello.