ACCEL Dual Point Tach Drive Distributor # 37100T with some extras!! Tom Terrific or Terrible Tom, depending on the phase of the moon, passing cosmic rays or other factors not fully understood except by my wife. Ad Number: 184425560 Report this ad. Well nevermind then. A forum community dedicated to Ford performance owners and enthusiasts. or Best Offer. No, it does not have a tach drive. ACCEL 8104ACC Heavy Duty Points Ignition Tune Up Kit for GM Points You should see total advance before 3,000 - 3,200 rpm. Setting points in an Accel dual poit distributor. per the chart easily seen at the Mallory site, the point gap is .022, each set of points will have about 26 of dwell, due to the overlap between the sets the total dwell is about 33. Yeah Accell makes it hard to get caps and rotors, one reason I do not touch them anymore. Accel Dual Point Tach Drive Distributor Ford 289 302 | eBay P/N 34100, $80.00 cash only . Dual Point Distributor | Community Chevy Automotive Sales Inc. 1970 Chevelle SS full weight street car (4030lbs). Copyright 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. CHEVY ACCEL DUAL POINT MECH. Buy 1955 - 1973 Corvette Accel Dual Point Distributor # 30100T Big Accel Distributor Caps and Rotors | Speedway Motors "The reason why you . The Cap is NEW NAPA Echlin with brass terminals and the rotor is used Accel. Take care with rotor phasing. Manage Settings Mine needed a new cap and rotor as well and I just got mine in the mail today. "Success is very addicting and thrilling, but I think setbacks teach you more." Jayshree Ulla, CEO & President. Approximately AU $147.65 (including postage) Postage: US $14.95 (approx. Took me 39 years to get her! Mr. Gasket owns Mallory,Erson,Accel,and several others. "You can't focus on what everyone else is doing it has to be about what's really broken and what you can do to fix it." Drew Houston, Co-founder & CEO. ACCEL IGNITION www.accel-ignition.com 1 FORM 1540 . accell dual point dwell | Team Chevelle Accel 30200 Dual Point Distributor - Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum The Delco dual point used with the Rochester FI would turn 8000 RPM without point float. Grump said they were best distributors made. Part Number: PNX-9AC-181V. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Oh, I will never recommend replacing points with any drop-in unit, period. $95.00. See More Specifications | Check the Fit. AU $244.21. CHEVY B.B. It can generally be said that the longer the period of dwell, the higher voltage the spark. ADV. It has the external point/dwell adjustment feature,using an Allen wrench that fits through openings in the housing for easier tuning. now move the match book cover between the other set of points and set the second set at 30. with the match book cover removed from both sets the combined dwell with both points should be about 35 degrees. JavaScript is disabled. ACCEL 30100 DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR CHEVR $100 MSD 44 AMP, Points box, Coils $3,200 MSD pro mag controller with 6 shooter $375 . One type uses stock GM widow type externally adjustable points that can be adjusted through two windows, the other is one that uses points you need to take the cap off to adjust, prying the points apart/together to set them. That is about all the info I could find. Accel Discount Aftermarket Harley Davidson Parts | ARH Custom USA I have an Accel 30200 with mechanical advance and dual racing points; externally adjustable. The purpose of dual point distributors is extended RPM range. Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gus68, Mar 31, 2019. You must log in or register to reply here. ACCEL Extreme 9000 Black Ceramic Boot Ignition Wire Sets, billet EFI bypass fuel pressure regulator. 430. total dwell should be 34 degrees with a point gap of .016" on both points. http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42896, http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/how-set-dual-point-accel-distributor-157397.html, http://www.accel-ignition.com/accel-support/accel-instructions.html, https://www.chevelles.com/showroom/data/507/IMG_2519.JPG, https://www.chevelles.com/showroom/data/507/IMG_24851.JPG, http://prestoliteperformance.com/mens_single_dual_point_distributor_23_25_27.pdf. Accel Hei Super Coil 12 V 4.7 OHM Electronic Ignition in Yellow Finish For 1965-1999 Big Twin & 1965-2003 . Hot Rods - Accel DUAL point distributor | The H.A.M.B. Accel Points and Condensers - JEGS High Performance First Generation Camaro Info and Tech - 1967-1969. I have a '73 cougar with a 351 C and put in an Accel dual point distributor with an Accel Super Coil. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Connect the connector back up, set . Call 800.979.0122, 7am-10pm, everyday. Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow Would you rather pick it up? If you go to a show or write accell they will give you the original directions for your distributor. $9.99 + $21.90 shipping. Yes, you will need a ballast resistor when using ACCEL Super Coil #140001 with a Accel Points Conversion Kit, PN's 2010ACC, 2020, or Mallory Unilite or Magnetic Breakerless Ignition Distributor. A forum community dedicated to hot rod owners and enthusiasts. Accel Super Coil Fuel Injection Models Only 0.5 OHM For 2001-2006 Softail, 2014-2016 FLS/S, 2002-2007 FLT, 2004-2011 Dyna Models (140410) $248.60 available. I think to adjust the points you can disconnect one set at a time to adjust the dwell. Dual Point Distributor - 332-428 Ford FE Engine Forum The 37000 series were the improved 30100 but . In the good old days ( old anyway ) I used to put a piece of matchbook cover between the points and adjust the other set. Sell Accel Dual Point Distributor Ford FE 390 427 428 406 Mustang . Accel Dual Point Advance Question - The Ford Barn The coil also came with a ceramic resistor where does this fall in the wiring? Appreciate the nostalgic effort , if the car is going to be used for a lot of cruising , suggest perhaps a Pertroix module or a stock appearing Pertronix distributor , you won't ever have to worry about dwell again. Performance Tuning Your Distributor - RacingJunk News Terms of Service. 37100 w brass gear. ACCEL 8320ACC ACCEL Distributor Cap & Rotor - Socket Style - Tan. Free shipping on many items! by vincenelson Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:56 pm. Step 2 Remove the distributor cap. You can make a dual point distributor work, but you've got to use good points and replace them often. Apparently, those who know this grab all the vintage points they can find. Accel Dual Point Dist. Come join the discussion about popular models such as the Mustang, Galaxie, Falcon, Fairlane, Torino, Shelby and many more! I did this to understand what I had when I bought my 69 last Fall. Accel High-strength phenolic rubbing blocks provide ultimate durability and help you get to the finish line faster. They should be setup so the second set closes before the first set opens. Reaction score. The large, radiused tungsten contacts provide crisp circuit-breaking for peak coil output. i don't really know much about aftermarket distributors. This is an aftermarket Accel brand,aluminum dual point distributor assembly. 1957-74 GM V8 W/ AC/Delco Single & Dual Point Distributors; View Details. 66 Malibu Coupe, home rebuilt 350. It is a used vintage nostalgic aftermarket item from the late 1970's-early 1980's era. I bought a MSD Billet Dist. JavaScript is disabled. DUAL POINT VACUUM ADVANCE Chevrolet All std deck height V8 expect 348,409 . I also have a accell super coil,On my wiring harness I have a single black wire, a 2 wire for the coil and 4 other wires that are joined together with 2 seperate plugs??? Mallory Dual Point Distributor - 4 Cylinder. Then like a fool, I sold it on Ebay and tried to go with an Autolite to keep the originality. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. been contemplating on whether or not to try fixing it or just putting a new one in. New old Accel distributator! - For B Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum CHEVY, Accel Dual Point Tach Drive Distributor Accel Cap Rotor Ford 351 C 429 460 BOSS, MALLORY DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR AND ACCEL COILS VINTAGE HOTROD PARTS, ACCEL 30200 Dual Point Distributor Ford FE 352 390 427 428, 34100 CHROME ACCEL DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR S.B. 2003-05-01T11:23:53-04:00 You are using an out of date browser. Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow. ACCEL cap and rotor kits offer superior protection from "arc-thru" and crossfire. Mallory Dual Point Distributor Chevy Small & Big Block 302 427 NEW Accel Points. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. It has lightly used Accel points and a used Accel condenser. Add To Cart. When the 8-cylinder Mallory Dual Points makes 33 degrees dwell it is down to only 12 degrees open. The Accel High Performance Point and Condenser Kit is equipped with heavy 32-ounce spring tension to prevent points float at engine speeds to 6500 RPM. Accel Ignition Distributor# 30301 - Dual Point - Blue Star Performance Part# 140033. P/N 34100, $80.00 cash only . Where is everyone getting quality modern points and why is Carlquist wrong? The Mopar, I think. PerTronix Electronic Distributor Conversion Kits - ACCEL Distributor [SIGPIC]%201964%20Galaxie/?action=view¤t=09-03-10_1408.jpg[/SIGPIC] Lars OMG! Bob Lowry, Desoto291Hemi, Texas Webb and 2 others like this. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. 449. :hurray: 30 is what I ran on those and the single point distributer back in the day, I think the specs are 28-32. stuff? TACH DRIVE DISTRIBUTOR With Coil, Mopar 1964-65 426 Race Hemi Cast Iron Dual Point Distributor OEM 67 W0 R0 WO RO, Chrysler Dual point distributor 1955 300B 1704309 4301C HEMI Hemi Mopar Letter. I made a few dual pickup mag triggered units with the smaller Accel cheapy dual point distributors. Pre-Owned. CHEVY, Accel Dual Point Tach Drive Distributor w/ Accel Cap Rotor Ford FE 390 427 428, VINTAGE NOS ACCEL RACING II DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR 351 CLEVELAND 37202A, Mallory ~ Dual Point Distributor ~ 2332001 ~ MGB 4-Cylinder ~ New, Rare! When you take most of the current off the points with a CD box, you remove most of there limitations.. a taxpayer supporting the state of confusion, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. You might have to buy one used and don't expect much ongoing support for them by their new owner, Holley. As far as I can tell, the rotor part number is Accel Pt.# 130116. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. dual point distributor | Team Chevelle The early Chevrolet Accel 30100 dual point 30100 (t) tach drive are easy to find and the best part unlike a Mallory every single part is still available from Accel. Accel dual point dist. It does not say " Made in USA" on it. Pre-Owned. Location. $225.00. After tons of cash trying to get it to run like the aftermarket units, I finally pulled it out and now running a Mallory Unilite. Good points are around $10 for each set (two required), and the condensors are also a few dollars. Ideally, you want to keep the initial advance between 10 and 20 degrees while starting with the total advance in the ranges listed above for your compression ratio. Bill informed me that nobody makes good points anymore and suggested converting to Crane or Pertronix (or Breakerless which he has not used). For more than 40 years, ACCEL has been a leader in performance fuel and ignition systems, proving itself on the racetracks and drag strips of the world and on the street. Distributor Conversion, Ignitor II, 12 V, ACCEL 34000 Series Distributor, Vacuum Advance, Kit. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Brass inserts and steel rotor springs provide for high spark energy flow. there are other ways . If you have a tach it needs to feed off of the negative also. Lucas Dual Point Distributor Allard Ford Flat Head V8 Original. Opens in a new window or tab. Have you tried a place that does old 55-56-57 Chev./Pont. Hi remember to I am focusing on a Renault Samsu. o H(/'/#qy^t54DT(5"(J& New. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. $49.99 + $25.17 shipping. Distributor Cap and Rotor Sets, 60k V-rated Alkyd, Tan, Female/Socket, Brass Terminals, Clamp Down, PrestoLite Distributor, AMC, Jeep, V8, Kit. Try contacting Accel to find a cap. distributor. No need for holding a point set open to adjust the other point on Accel dual-point distributors. Thank you, I now see I should check the OP date first. You can also call and they can fax the stuff, too. A powerful ACCEL ignition module,and an ACCEL performance cap ACCEL - Official Site: Manufacturer of Ignition Coils, Spark Plug Wires With my Accel dist I would gap the points at .017 and then block the second set open with a piece of a match pack and set the dwell on the first set. Harley FXR Dual Fire Ignition Kit V-Fire FXD XL FLT Dyna FXST V-Twin 32-1620 Y1. This is a NON vacuum advance distributor. How to set dual point Accel distributor? | Hot Rod Forum How Does a Dual Sync Distributor Work and When Do You Need One? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/v9i40E3aLUgJXHHVLtLEqsadkkJ815SRoCTKQQAvD_BwE, NEW Accel Tan Dual Point HD Distributor Cap, MSD pro billet distributor pn 8546 for sale. A forum community dedicated to 1st generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts. Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow. We recently acquired a large trailer load of classic car and hot rod parts from a lifetime collector and this distributor was in that batch of parts. ACCEL Distributors for 1970 Buick Skylark for sale | eBay accel dual point distributor for sale | eBay Come join the discussion about restorations, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Joined May 2, 2014 Messages 1,152 Reaction score 454 Location Upstate NY. To use with a points style distributor, additional resistance is needed to get to 3 . This keeps things nice and stable.. Split the points with the three way switch and you'll be able to change the timing a few degrees with the flip of a switch. CHEVY B.B. Chevrolet Accel dual point distributor - $100 (sw) Accel dual point distributor Chevy big block and small block $100 396 427 454 283 327 350 400 . .019 is the gap on both points. Shop Accel Distributor Caps and Rotors and get Free Shipping on orders over $149 at Speedway Motors. endstream endobj 418 0 obj << /Type /Page /Parent 2322 0 R /Resources 419 0 R /Contents 420 0 R /MediaBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] /CropBox [ 9.936 3.60001 608.39999 786.96001 ] /Rotate 0 /Thumb 1962 0 R >> endobj 419 0 obj << /ProcSet [ /PDF /Text /ImageB /ImageC ] /Font << /F1 1561 0 R /F2 1567 0 R /F3 1555 0 R /F4 1552 0 R /F5 1549 0 R >> /XObject << /Im1 437 0 R /Im2 1440 0 R /Im3 1467 0 R >> /ExtGState << /GS1 1548 0 R /GS2 1547 0 R >> >> endobj 420 0 obj [ 422 0 R 424 0 R 426 0 R 428 0 R 430 0 R 432 0 R 434 0 R 436 0 R ] endobj 421 0 obj 2058 endobj 422 0 obj << /Filter /FlateDecode /Length 421 0 R >> stream You might see where this trend is going. Model no. The first thing to set when curving a distributor is to set your initial and total advance. Dual Point gap setting?? | Page 2 - For B Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum Location. The tag reds Accel 30301 automotive controls corporation Branford Conn,along with a serial number. They can be found on the Mr.Gasket web site. now move the match book cover between the other set of points and set the second set at 30. with the match book cover removed from both sets the combined dwell with both points should be about 35 degrees. zyzzyx said: So today I dug out my almost Brandy-New Accel 30300 dual point, with mechanical advance. This is correct for Small Block Mopars including 273-318-340-360 engines. Accell dual point distributor | Team Camaro Tech FOR SALE NEW Accel Tan Dual Point HD Distributor Cap Vintage Accel dual point distributor model 34100 with cap, nice survivor, used. I am looking into a dual point accell too. - $80 (Bastrop, La.) there are other ways but this is the simplest way. May 5, 2020 #1 I have a small block Accel dual point distributor. Perfecto ! For more than 40 years, ACCEL has been a leader in performance fuel and ignition systems, proving itself on the racetracks and drag strips of the world - and on the street. View Details. Accel Dual Point Distributor 30101 AMC American Motors Jeep 304 360 390 401 V-8. distributor options for 351c | Vintage Mustang Forums Apr 23, 2009. hi, slip a match book cover in one set of points and set the other set to 30 degrees. In the interest of my EVER on-going struggle to find a distributor to fit my Ford AND fit under the hood of my MGA coupe . or Best Offer. This maxes the coil saturation time. With an ever-expanding line of SuperCoils and all the spark plug wires, tune-up kits, and fuel injectors hot rodders have trusted and relied on for years, ACCEL is constantly developing innovative new products designed to push power, speed, and performance to match advancements in automotive technology. Accel Distributor Rebuild - The Supercar Registry - Yenko.net $160.00 + $40.00 shipping. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Interesting article I just read. Accel Electronic Ignition Distributor. Please tell me your dizzy's model number and I will see what I can find for you. You block one set at a time and set for 28 to 32 degrees dwell. Well, forget that idea! Accel dual point distributor - Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum PDF ACCEL/DFI Dual Sync Distributor - Holley Great for tuning on a dyno too. ADV. The tan Bake-lite cap is original to the unit,it has a small chip in the lower base that mounts on the top of the unit,but should not affect the performance. You need a power wire from the fuse box that goes to the ceramic block you spoke of it can be 12V because the block reduces it to around 7 or 8V then run the other terminal of the ceramic block to the positive side of the coil. Accel 52103 Part Number: 110-52103. . We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. If you are creative you can make either Ford or Mopar parts work. so my question is. Thanks. %PDF-1.4 % They are excellent distributors and you can do a lot with them. I'm glad I didn't listen to her. I think some of theirs used OEM points and distributor caps. A forum community dedicated to Chevrolet Chevelle owners and enthusiasts. WHICH ACCEL? That looks like the Delco D407! MALLORY IGNITION www.mr-gasket.com 1 MALLORY DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTORS INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FRM34556 (REV. On the Mallory, you can't change the dwell with the engine running. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . Looks the part of an early stock Ford distributor and fits nice and low beneath the hood of the car. After the heads were repaired, I purchased an MSD 6AL w/rev limiter. Ford 289 302 Accel Advanced Ford Dual Point Tach Drive Distributor, Accel Dual Point Distributor 30100 with cap no rotor Chevy V-8, Accel Dual Point Tach Drive Distributor w/NEW Cap Rotor Ford 351 C 429 460 BOSS, VINTAGE ACCEL 30100 CHEVY DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR - USED - GOOD CONDITION, Accel Ford Dual Point Distributor w/ Accel Cap & Rotor Ford FE 390 406 427 428, NEW NOS Accel 34100S Dual Point Distributor Small Big Block Chevy 327 350 427, Accel 37100A Dual Point Dist, Chevy, Bronze Gear,Mech Advance, w/Tach Dr, BBC SBC Accel dual point style distributor . Privacy Policy. Mallory Dual Point Distributor - Moss Motoring Top Rated Seller. I dropped the distributor cap and cracked it. Accel plugs are actually Nippon-Denso "U-groove" disasters, absolutely junk. Good luck! Set the dwell to 25 or 26 on both sets of points by disconnecting the wire as davidpozzie said. How A Dual Point Distributor Works - YouTube Try Hemmings. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I paid $50 for a new set of dual racing points and condenser. Extra 20% off with coupon. What Are the Top Accel Points and Condensers Products JavaScript is disabled. Was what Grumpy used on early "toys", even through he didn't use the FI. Thanks guys for all your responses. Mar 02, 2005 #5. Part Number: ACC-8330.