All of the evidence had been washed away by the stream and the killer was never found. The Pork Bun Murders: The infamous Macau murders of a family at The Eight Immortals, James Huberty : San Ysidro McDonalds Massacre, Robert Riggs Reports Lubys Cafeteria Mass Shooting Oct 16, 1991 Killeen, Texas, 10 Brutal Murders of Pizza Delivery Drivers, Top Ten Lesser-Known and Heartbreaking Child Murders, Ten Chilling Details of Already Horrific Murders, Ten Chilling Murders of Baseball Stars at Their Prime, Ten Eerie Unsolved Murders of Everyday Women, Ten Lesser-Known Unsolved Disappearances and Murders, 10 Controversial Toys You Might Already Have in Your Home, Ten Absolutely Vicious Fights over Inherited Fortunes, 10 Female Film Pioneers Who Shaped the Movies, Ten True Tales from Americas Toughest Prison, 10 Times Members of Secretive Societies and Organizations Spilled the Beans, 10 Common Idioms with Unexpectedly Dark Origins, 10 North American Animals with Misplaced Reputations, 10 Incredibly Tragic Unsolved Child Murders, 10 Recently Executed American Murderesses, 10 Things You Never Knew About The BTK Killer, 10 Horrific Facts About the Oakland County Child Killer, 10 Dastardly Crimes Of Notable Professors. Google Drive: DMN - Dallas paper, FWST - Ft. Worth paper, Imgur with maps and a couple of modern images of her apartment complex. The area near I-20 and U.S. 67 alone, which sits on the edge of DPD's South Central and Southwest Patrol Divisions, saw six. Jr. David Detective Rich Plummer of the St. Charles Police Department says that it is important to know that a serial killer never stops; they may stop for a period of time, but they never stop completely. That gun was also linked to the murder of another victim, this one a man. The shop was located two miles from Interstate 35. shop on his patrol. Although a different gun was used in this murder (also a .22), the MO was so similar that police were virtually sure it was the same killer. They also suspect that the killer may have switched to a different weapon due to the publicity surrounding the case. Indeed, there was a pattern after all. Irving, TX, USA - October 5, 1994 I've been continuing to scour the Dallas Morning News online archives in search of more unresolved disappearances/murders, and I even got the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in on the gig too. HAFDAHL Read on below to see how we crunched the numbers and how your town ranked. In 1987, he bought "Sylvia's Ceramics", a shopping mall ceramics store at 2615 South 3rd Street near Interstate 70, from his mother. He appeared to be almost in a trance, as if he were thinking of something else. He then lured a tenth family member into the restaurant, where he killed her. When another customer entered, the man left, promising to come back. Two of them, Robert Springsteen Jr. and Michael Scott, were convicted of the crime, but the state has since released them due to 6th amendment violations and lack of evidence. Wednesday morning, October 5, Megan didn't show up for work. at 4708 Bryce Avenue in Fort Worth. He immediately called the police. HERNANDEZ. Featuring both well-known and more obscure cases spanning across the 20th and 21st century, Unsolved Murders combines page-turning text . Authorities have searched hotel registrations from every hotel along Interstate 70. Ursula Herrmann (10), disappeared on 15 September 1981 and she was found dead in mysterious circumstances. Firefighters responded to reports of smoke rising from a yogurt shop on West Anderson Lane. Two weeks later, and two floors above Rankin, a friend found the body of 25-year-old Mary Michael Calcutta in her bathroom. In 1949, he bought his wife a. He apparently had tried to enter the cabin by climbing down the chimney. Inside, he found Megan, laying face down on the living room floor - dead; there were multiple stab wounds to her chest. They have checked tool booths, license plates, and traffic stops. He has been a guest speaker on numerous national radio and television stations and is a five time published author. HAMILTON Jr. Samuel Christopher The cover of "Facing September," a murder mystery based on the case of Kelly Lynn Albright's murder. Family members found the 47-year-old stabbed in the chest and laying in the driveway of . One of the most notorious unsolved crime sprees in history goes to Jack the Ripper. Megan worked for Smith Barney Shearson Inc., an investment company, as a secretary. He put the gun to her forehead; however, it jammed and he laughed. Four murders in three different states, separated by more than 1,200 miles. Once inside, the responders found the brutalized bodies of four teenage girls-Amy Ayers, Jennifer Harbison, Sarah Harbison and Eliza Thomas. What these people could not have known, however, is that an unhinged maniac with three different firearms was soon going to enter the establishment and shoot at them for almost an hour and a half. I suspect her door was bolted if maintenance couldn't get in. Therefore, Homicide investigators know that justice is owed not only to the deceased victim, but to family and friends left behind. She was rushed to the hospital; sadly, she died the next day. I moved to Dallas right before Wendie Prescott's murder and it has stuck with me all these years. I know the bread thing is probably not that meaningful and got spilled in the struggle, but I can't help but find it an interesting little piece of information in a case that is sadly lacking. Miraculously, she was saved by an anatomical fluke she did not know she had: an abnormally large spinal column. It was also speculated that the killer was suffering from PTSD after being in the military. Of the seven employees, five were killed. Some of the oldest unsolved murders on Uncovered 's cold case website include the 1960 murder of Nancy Eagleson, the 1977 murder of Ann Harmeier, the 1977 murder of Roberta Elam, the 1982 murder of Tina Foglia, the 1980 murder of Eve Wilkowitz, and the 1984 murder of Laura Parker. The police's main suspect in the murders, Charles Albright, was a taxidermist and just the type of person who'd know how to perfectly remove an eye. Only if I was inside. VILLARREAL, Clifton Lamar It's difficult to discuss young women being killed in apartment complexes in the Dallas area in the mid-1990s without bringing up Dale Scheanette, who was convicted of killing two women (Christine Vu and Wendie Prescott) who lived in the same Arlington apartment complex just three months apart in the fall/winter of 1996 and was later executed for the crimes. Juni 2022. There were no signs of a struggle. The cases of unidentified victims within this article are those of individuals discovered in Texas. As she turned, he shot her in the head. That afternoon, she was working alone; the stores on both sides of her were closed. The most promising lead came from Wichita. Her husband, Robert Pretty, says he came home from work to find his family deceased. 3.75. SONNIER, David Wayne HPD Incident #R-52387-80. by Lise Olsen. GUTIERREZ. Unsolved Triple Homicide. Sadly, several relatives of the victims have passed away without seeing the case solved, including: Sarah's husband, Sonny; Patricia Smith's father, Bob Trendal; and both of Mick's parents. It's not dangerous per se, but it has an obviously-run-down feel. He did, only to return shortly afterwards. Irving, TX Area Cold Cases Crime Map Trends Analytics Cold Cases Missing Persons Daily Archive Name Marjorie Dabney Age Cause of Death Homicide Info Homicide Agency Lewisville Police Department View Source Name Baby Doe Age Cause of Death Homicide Info Homicide Agency Lewisville Police Department View Source Name The two talked for about twenty minutes; they discussed merchandise, business patterns, and customer traffic. Yet each took place at a shopping mall, just off Interstate 70 or a connecting highway. Although the killer took small amounts of money from each of the victims, robbery is not believed to be his motive. And why? If you have information on an unsolved homicide case or need assistance in this area, please contact Sergeant Robert Walsh at 817-459-5772 or Robert.Walsh@Arlingtontx.gov If you wish to remain anonymous and possibly receive a reward up to $1,250 please call Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-8477 or click here. Newspaper articles cite her acquaintances as saying that she was generous, vivacious, well-liked, nice - more than willing to help out people she knew. At the time, nine members of the Zheng family were inside cleaning. MARSHALL, Virgil Euristi It is also possible that the killer lived or worked somewhere where grinding or polishing was performed. DREW Sr. Kenneth On May 10, 1982, three Pizza Hut employees were brutally murdered for a measly sum of $100. The Arlington Police Department investigates cold case homicides concurrently with new homicide cases. Avon The Houston Police Department Homicide Division Cold Case Squad is requesting anyone with information about this murder to contact the Cold Case Squad at 713-308-3618 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. She was supposed to be off that day; however, she agreed to come in so that a coworker could have the day off. At first glance, they seemed to be random killings. Amazon. She wanted more than anything to marry and start a family. In the meantime, she worked as a manager at Boot Village, a Western footwear store in Bogey Hills shopping plaza on Zumbehl Road. After the store closed on December 6, 1991, unknown attackers murdered the four girls inside: Eliza Thomas, Amy Ayers, and sisters Jennifer and Sarah Harbison. Indeed, there was a pattern after all. The couple had been murdered. Megan Beth Johns was a 29 year old secretary in Dallas, Texas. Scheanette was the guy who "hog-tied" women with duct tape, sexually assaulted them, strangled them, and then left them in their bathtubs. The working theory is that these were just two of potentially many victims of an unidentified serial killer. Here is a VERY interesting new development on the serial murder front, out of the great state of Texas. Hagerman had been riding her bike with her brotherand, according to her mother Donna Norris, the pair were only supposed to go around the block. I looked up the show and went down the rabbit hole, still in it almost a decade later! Hennard then exited the truck armed with two handguns and began to systematically shoot and kill patrons. He lived most of his life in central Texas. The killer asked him to come into the back room with him. Homicide victim demographics There. A multistate task force was formed. For instance, the devastating murder of Amber Hagerman led to the creation of the Amber Alert, which continues to help rescueabducted children all across the country, and the murder of James Byrd Jr. led to stricterlaws against hate crimes, which help to protect minorities and LGBTQ individuals. On August 4, 1985, ten members of the Zheng family were murdered in Macaua Portuguese colony until 1999 and now a special administrative region of China. 869 ratings108 reviews. May 12, 2021. While it in no way brings back the deceased, both brothers were charged and convicted of the murders. Fred and Edwina's son, 43-year-old Charles Rogers, disappeared right after, and remains the only suspect in a case that is officially unsolved. Around that same time, Terre Haute police announced that they were looking at the killer as a suspect in the murder of Billy Brossman. Law enforcement investigated Robert Abel, a known sex offender, but was not able to link him to the crimes. On May 10, 1982, three Pizza Hut employees were brutally murdered for a measly sum of $100. Police believe the killer had chosen the shop there because he thought only a single female clerk was in the store. READ MORE 5. TIGNER It all started with the murder of Mary Pratt in December of 1990, when shewas shot, killed, and had her eyes surgically removed. Federal authorities were also involved in the meeting. Report No: 78018772 Victim: Lecia McGee, 17 years old Location: 2300 SW Loop The killer had used the same weapon. At noon on May 3, she opened up the store. She loved playing soccer, line dancing, western gear, and country music. She had just recently qualified to join a government mapmaking team and was awaiting assignment. Smith and Magers agreed to stay open late so that he could come pick it up. Aliases: None known Was it bolted, or was it just locked using the handle. Ryan Antonio Matthews: Case of the boyfriend who murdered his 16-year-old girlfriend, Arrijana Hill, while she was pregnant with twins. Only a small amount of money was missing from the shop. All of this information has been compiled into a large computer database. He "savored the sense" of being superior to his victims because he was able to end their lives. Still, some of the most brutal crimes in the history of the United States happen to have occurred in Texas. HERNANDEZ, Ramon Pedro A small amount of money was taken from the register. In a cruel twist of fate, Flemmonds wasnt even supposed to be working that night. He also walked around the store, looking at different items. Vicki was paralyzed from the neck down and was having trouble breathing. Yet each took place at a shopping mall, just off Interstate 70 or a connecting highway. He rolled her over, dragged her behind the counter, and pulled her pants down. Contents 1 "Mr. X" (1972) 2 Harris County John Doe (1973) 3 "Disco Dan" 4 Walker County Jane Doe 5 Harris County Jane Doe (1980) 6 Harris County Does (1981) 7 Grimes County Jane Doe Karen was a loving mother. The suspect was questioned by police; he said he worked for a large department store and traveled the country doing remodeling jobs for them. The woman provided officers with a description of her attacker. Lists of fascinating and bizarre real cases that continue to stump detectives and amateur sleuths. PEREZ, Robert Anthony Martinez I-70 Killer on St. Charles Crime Stoppers, Authorities believe killings may be related, Authorities hope to get profile of I-70 serial killer, Police believe slayer has "killing fever", Clerks' Murderer Leaves Trail Of Death And Grief (Page 1), Experts know nearly all about the killer, except who he is, Police continue to search for man tied to 6 slayings, Police search Midwest states for serial killer, Series of homicides along I-70 began 8 years ago in Indianapolis (Page 1), Answers remain elusive 20 years after St. Charles murder, part of interstate spree, Police hope info leads to I-70 killer from '92, Police Release Information about I-70 Killer 20 Years Later, I-70 killings still unsolved 20 years later, 1992 murders at bridal shop unsolved but not forgotten by womens families, I-70 holds the secrets to a serial killer, Investigators remain hopeful that theyll find the so-called "I-70 Killer", The I-70 Killer, who terrorized Indiana and the Midwest, is still out there, Police release new sketch of 'I-70 Serial Killer', Phantom pursuit: The hunt for the I-70 killer, New technology, tips from the public further the I-70 killer case, Unsolved 2001 homicide leads investigators working on I-70 serial killer case to Missouri man, Missouri man who found one of the I-70 serial killer victims recounts horrific day, Why some investigators think the I-70 serial killer later targeted women in Texas.