Similar to Bear Mountain, they were acquired by Lignetics at the end of March, 2021. Who is Lignetics? Here is a detailed look at comparing Bear Moutain pellets vs Lumberjack pellets. With the Bear Mountain pellets, you are going to have pellets that are made of a combination of hardwood and softwood. And if you want more pellets for the same price, certainly the gourmet blend from BM is the clear winner. And being outdoor-friendly, they come either in a 20 lbs or a 40 lbs bag. To use Bear Mountain BBQ Pellets, you'll need a pellet grill or smoker. Lets discuss the qualities, benefits, and drawbacks of Gourmet Blend Pellets. You should spend money keeping in mind the quantity, quality and price of the pellets.Suitable for grill/smokerBefore buying the pellets must check whether it will be suitable with your grill or smoker. Bear Mountain are pretty good. I am using bear mountain brand pellets. Having said that, Bear Mountain is a prominent name in this field over the past 30 years. The Lumber Jack wood pellets are made from actual trees instead of from residual wood. I've posted this in another thread but it is an interesting video. This Traeger 20 lbs bag is a little pricey compared to Bear Mountain and Lumber Jack wood pellets. Hello from Germany. 100+ bought since yesterday. If we calculate it in hours, it will take one hour to burn 2lbs of lumberjack pellets. No artificial preservatives are added here. But, if you look from the buyers point of view, all these are very important. With years of experience, they do overpower Bear Mountain in some ways. It gives you the traditional smokey taste.In addition, it also imparts a well-balanced flavor to enhance the palatability of the dish.The 20 lb. But, if you can manage to think out of the box, you will get the answer. This is why the blend gets perfect every time. Flavor. But resembling the quality, both of the brands are worth it. So, I would recommend this to you. If you like your food to cook low and slow, then this Lumberjack Competition Blend pellet is for you.This Lumberjack Competition Blend pellet keeps the tenderness of the food which is of great value for us.Like Gourmet Blend Pellets, this Competition Blend is also suitable for grilling fish, meat, vegetables or seafood, etc.The Lumberjack Competition Blend pellet has a large capability for producing heat.This Lumberjack Competition Blend Pellet has a great feature that minimizes the chance of overcooking or undercooking while providing proper heat and smoke.This allows you to evenly smoke turkey, poultry, brisket, or any of your favorite seafood.Competition Blend comes in 20 lb packs containing a proportional blend of three types of wood hickory, maple and cherry and it is made to last a longtime.It would be great if the Lumberjack also came in 40 pound packs.They dont have a fixed shelf life, its true. The content may contain affiliate links of Ebay and Amazon in return our website earns a small commission for referral. Lets jump right in. The percentage is not that high, but a bit above the average. Both are 20lbs bags. Im hoping my 780 likes them. But who wins over whom if we draw a head-to-head comparison between these two? if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'refreshoutdoors_com-leader-1','ezslot_5',116,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-refreshoutdoors_com-leader-1-0');You might find a better deal for one type of pellet over the other. To be precise, both brands are imploded at one point, which is nothing but delivering natural hardwood pellets to the users. These pellets put out fantastic heat and very little ash. They also both have one other thing in common, they are both owned by the $4.8B private equity firm EagleTree Capital. Traeger pellets light really fast compared to the weber pellets. Topcellent is the short list of the most excellent stuffs. He learned to cook in his parents kitchen and has since become skilled in marrying Far East dishes with local offerings to create flavorful fusion cuisine. Thing is that BM is one of those brands that does not tell you percentages of which wood species, so I worry about consistency and authenticity of flavor. However, its not always mandatory to use pellets. One significant thing must have been mentioned, this pellet, aka the bear mountain maple pellet, wont certainly have any restrictions for getting used to several grills. I'll be making ribs with them soon. You can use them with any brands smoker or grill including Traeger. airedale. You can evenly smoke a turkey, poultry, brisket, or any of your favorite seafood. The pellets are low in ash and have a high heat output, so they're great for grilling. GLRE Great Lakes Renewable Energy, lnc makes Lumberjack wood pellets. I've also used Lumberjack and like them a lot. Made of 100% pure oak and has no other additives or impurities attached to the pellet. And we got nothing but the fancy and distinctive pellet brand Lumberjack. Their pellets are made from 100% pure hardwood sawdust and offer a wide variety of flavors, including hickory, mesquite, apple, and cherry. I prefer Bear Mountain since theyre not just terrific, theyre also among the best BBQ pellets available right now.. Masterbuilt Propane Smoker Upgrades (2023), Outdoor Feels is supported by its visitors. Recommended Reading: Best pellets for smoking, Bear Mountain Pellets vs Lumberjack- in Detail. ? BBQr's Delight is owned by Candy Weaver, past President of KCBS and current KCBS Board member. I've used every one from Pit Boss. And a lot more. Now its your call to choose. Both Lumberjack and Bear Mountain are USA-based brands that manufacture their wood pellets with ultimate perfection. Topcellent makes your decision-making easy. The Hallmarks. These also depend on the kind of wood you're burning and the manner in which you burn them. And maple wood keeps the temperature of the grill consistent all the time. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. How do you like them? You must log in or register to reply here. buy it! Otherwise, you have to pay back for the horrible decision. It is also suitable for grilling fish, meat, veggies, or seafood keeping the tenderness of the food alive. In contrast, the bear mountain has a lower burning rate. You are using an out of date browser. It adds a very mild and soft-sweet flavor to the meat and enhances the taste drastically. Because the flavor, and ash buildup can be determined according to this mixture.AshSometimes a pellet that produces more ash also works great in flavor. Why waste your bucks on some mediocre and moderate ones? But, if you can manage to think out of the box, you will get the answer. Bear Mountain are pretty good. Join Date: 12-01-08. I switched to Bear Mountain Gourmet too, still have some PB competition to burn through in the hopper, hopefully a lot less ash in the firepot. Bear Mountain pellets are known for being a combination of hardwood and softwood, which means they have a reduced burn rate and will produce less heat. It creates a unique flavor with the mixed three hardwoods that are used for smoking food. Are Bear Mountain pellets made from real wood? I would request you to validate a little more about the attributes before purchasing pellets. May 28, 2014. Check on Amazon. Best Overall: Bear Mountain BBQ 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets Gourmet Blend. And most certainly, any of these two pellets add artificial ingredients that can harm the meal or even the user. If you ever get stuck in this forever transcending loophole, your sufferings will get no bound. So, lets compare one top pick from each brand to learn more in this regard. In Barrie Traeger pellets are $22.95 most places, the Lumberjack are $39 for 40lb, 2 or more are $35. This is an independent, unofficial enthusiast run site dedicated to Weber Grill owners that share the same passion as we do. The first detail you are going to want to think about is the material. But upon reviewing the two hotcakes from these two major wood pellet brands, its evident that the Bear Mountain wins over the LJ in quantity for the same price. As we all know, tree barks are the most flavorsome areas of hardwoods, and therefore, you get to taste the most toothsome meal ever with these 100% virgin pellet blends. Grilling requires high temperatures. What gives you the best smokiness. Check your grill specs, mine says 2 3/4 lbs per hour. That definitely counts as a minus. We find Lumber Jack to be the winner in terms of reliability and affordability. March 2, 2022. And the taste and aroma it provides are indeed out of the world. However, lets get to some of the prominent flavors that lumberjack makes. If youre looking for taste and richness, theres no alternative to having them. In contrast . He hopes to pass along techniques, knowledge, and insights that professionals can use to create incredible dishes. I'll let you know how it goes. Actually, these wood pellets differ from others in taste as they include the tree bark while being manufactured. Apparently, theres a fixed standard of burning rate. It has the very least amount of moisture regain percentage, which is why it gets burned more effectively. Long story short, you would be able to use this pellet to grill or smoke anything. You will want to focus on how Bear Mountain pellets will produce less heat per minute. Last but not least, if you like things medium-rare, I think lumberjack wont be that much effective to you. Whether its a gas, electric or charcoal grill. Get yourself one of these as soon as possible and feel the beauty of using wood-based pellets. I've heard really good things about them. You would be able to get a very delicate and mouth-watering whisk of taste every time after smoking with lumberjack or bear mountain because the hardwood pellets will process your meat very gently and with luscious flavors. Try some other brands to compare. Often they scour everywhere and try to find the perfect thickness, and most of the time get baffled. Like the previous flavor, as in the apple one, this one also comes in with a mild sweet flavor. From first-hand user experience, we can say that the LJ pellets burn quicker than the BM ones, and thus you will finish the same amount of these pellets faster than Bear Mountain. Want to. Have you tried Lumberjack? It will be worth it, trust me. Because the 20lbs bag provides the user with the utmost portability, you can also carry the bag and make delicious dishes outside your home if youre planning to camp outside your place. The vice-versa can also be applicable. It consists of 100% natural and premium hardwoods. Anxious to hear everyone's thoughts. It is halfway. Kingsford is also very good. Bear Mountain - 0.270 Meathead at AmazingRibs found a difference using Weber for startup. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. I hope you will find it interesting. However, the Lumberjack is no less though. I havent had a chance to try the ones i got at the bogo sale yet. You can rely on this pellet brand.Its all-natural hardwood gourmet blend pellets provide a delicately sweet flavor.The Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend pellets are suitable for any type of grill and smoker. They use the outer layer or bark of the tree while making wood pellets, which improves the taste of the food. If you love a bold BBQ taste, go for the competition blend from LJ. Not sure if there is anything I should try? You will want to account for these details when it comes to Bear Mountain pellets vs Lumberjack pellets. Now, you might be wondering if it wont be a concern to you. Rest assured that these premium wood pellets add no filler, binder, artificial aroma, or wood oil. What is your thoughts on the performance of the different pellets that you have used on your previous cookers? Not bad compared to propane, charcoal and Traeger pellets. Bear Mountain Pellets Vs Traeger Pellets (Compared), Are Mountain Lions Attracted To Menstrual Blood? You will experience a different level of delicacy with the perfect gourmet extract. Traeger Grills sued by customer claiming its wood pellets consist of more than the wood advertised on the package. Hands down a great choice for heating your house all year long. First of all, both BBQ pellets suit any type of grill or smoker, be it gas, electric, or charcoal. Conclusion. Then shouldnt you prepare something great to surprise them? In comparison, Lumberjack pellets are complete hardwood, which will have a longer burn rate and produce more heat. In this way, you will be able to get the most benefit. Finally, you will be blown away by the amount of smoke it delivers. You can go for selecting one according to its usability. Think about this when it comes to generating good results and ensuring it works out as you want it to. This is an independent, unofficial enthusiast run site dedicated to Traeger owners that share the same passion as we do. Oak pellets arent that strong like hickory. Wisconsin Tundra. It gets hotter quickly but not as quickly as hickory. Based on great reviews here I tried Bear Mountain 100% hardwood pellets a couple of months ago and I'm getting the best smoke ring ever from them . This is one of those details people dont think about when it comes to keeping things organized and ensuring the right measures are taken. Joined Feb 22, 2021 Messages 47 Reaction score 32 Points 18 . Anyone use Bear Mountain Pellets? Smelling Test Observation. It means the real smoky flavor is mostly in the bark.Lumberjack Pellets only chooses top-notch wood chips, producing 100% pure wood pellets like Bear Mountain.However, the Lumberjack has one drawback that puts them below Bear Mountain, namely the use of bark, which results in heavier ash buildup.However, they outperform their rivals in terms of genuine smoky aroma.Although they are both made in the USA, there is a tough competition between the two pellets in terms of quality control.So, to know more in this aspect, let us compare a great alternative from each brand. Pellets tend to burn hot 15. My local farm store has selected flavors on sale 7 bucks a bag . No, thats not exactly how it came up. In most cases, it is going to come down to the deal you are getting on the open market. Moving forward to the Lumberjack BBQ pellets, we would like to introduce their most popular product, the competition blend pellets. Provides a nice combination of flavor and the smoke lasts a long time. I've heard good things about both, just wondering if anyone notices any difference. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086Z6PDFH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, Traeger Under Fire For Mislabeled Wood Pellets. Flavored Wood Pellets - Made from 100% flavor wood (ex. But def burn cleaner than traeger pellets. The company will also be the only pellet manufacturing company that will have . I havent been in the pellet game that long but bbq and traditional smoking probably about 50 years. It may not display this or other websites correctly. . Pork loin was good but lacking smoke taste. PitBossForum.com is not affiliated with, maintained, authorized, endorsed or sponsored by Pit Boss Grills. reviewed and selected by our editors. Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I started using Cusinart Cherry Rum lately and also find those to be an excellent brand and no problems. I would bet that Lumberjack pellets work fine also in the SmokeFire based upon their size alone. Planning a small smoke next weekend, ill finish the bag of Traegers off. That being the case, they burn relatively faster compared to other pellets. Feb 25, 2022. The temp @ 225 on supersmoke didn't deviate much from setpoint (+/- less than 10. Most importantly, they do not include any binder or bark. Unfortunately these are not always available here in Southern California and I have switched to Bear Mountain as my go-to fuel with zero issues. Durability of pelletHow long does it last? I would not argue with that. You will want to start by accounting for the length of the burn. It's about two hours for me either way I go so I would . my opinion is I have tried the PB apple it to light on flavor I have tried the hickory and did like the flavor . JavaScript is disabled. The wood pellets are designed to give off higher temperatures to let food cook in a short time. Traeger Modifire Reversible Cast Iron Griddle? However, there are differences you are going to want to keep a note of. AJ Garza is a personal chef, cooking instructor, author, and recipe developer. Camp Chef's Wood Pellets Competition Blend goes well with most meats and is a popular mix. You are going to get a more affordable deal with specific pellets depending on where you are getting them. You are using an out of date browser. Having said that, the hotter they burn, the more perfect a smoke ring they create on the food. Ive noticed that the Cabelas brand pellets burn a lot faster than the Traeger pellets as well. It's worth noting that Bear Mountain's 40lbs pack costs the same as Lumberjack's 20lbs pack. Thanks for sharing your experience between the two. Looking for the best Lumberjack pellets for brisket? Their company has also changed hands a few times. (And How To, How To Store Food When Camping In Bear Country, Pellet Grill Vs Gravity Charcoal (Compared), Comparing Bear Mountain Pellets Vs Lumberjack Pellets, Can I Use 5W30 In My Snowblower? Basically all things you use to cook without four walls around you. For roasting, grilling, BBQing or even smoking, you will be rendered with excellent and rich flavor every time using these pellets. Every product is independently However, dont get confused by its name. Yep. I suspect that many suppliers use wood blends, even in the single flavor offerings. However, as you already know, the differences I illustrated upwards- now its time to observe some of the key similarities worth considering. 3. As it burns faster. - 1950 S Rochester Rd #1118 Having delivered sufficient heat and smoke, these are the pellets you need for a low and slow cooking process like smoking a brisket. are also equally compatible with all the electric grills, kamado and charcoal grills. However, lets dive deep into the core; what say? Taglich then sold Lignetics to its current owners, the private equity firm EagleTree Capital in November of 2021. Lumberjack wood pellets are manufactured by GLRE Great Lakes Renewable Energy. Then in 3 or 4 week planning a huge smoke, thr Bear mountains will get a workout. I should have taken a picture of it but I was in a hurry to get my cook on again. Lumberjack pellets. CookinPellets 40 Lb Mix Hickory, Cherry, Maple, Apple Wood Pellets (2 Pack) Add. Camp Chef all-natural hardwood pellets Competition Blend - Good Quality Budget Pick. I've got a Rec-Tec and have only burnt CookinPellets in it. If you have Westlake/Ace Hardware mine delivers for free if over $50 as well. And share this guide with your friends and mates and enjoy outdoor grilling to its fullest in the upcoming winter. And delivering adequate heat and smoke, it eliminates the risk of overcooking or undercooking. It often lowers the smoking efficiency and can create many fatal mechanical repugnancies to the smoker. I've stopped comparing them to anything else RemE said it best for me, burn time or not, I like the pellets and they like my rig and affordable for sure Good, glad to hear. 09-30-2020, 07:09 PM. Mar 11, 2021 #10 S. SupportKing Member. Among the top-rated smoking pellets, both Lumberjack and Bear Mountain stand out from the rest for their amazing aromatic extract and superior smoking capabilities. Give it a try and get spine chills. I've been wanting to try Bear Mountain pellets. Kalamazoo, MI. Obviously set temperature plus external weather dictate the actual burn rate at a given moment. The Bear Mountain pellets are made of 100% natural hardwood with great quality.No inferior wood chunks have been added to this Bear Mountain pellet to modify the flavor.Additionally, these quality wood pellets dont include any wood oil, filler, binder, or chemical aroma.Consequently, this wont be harmful to your health. They usually say 100% "Pure Hardwoods" vs 100% Pure Hickory that say "CookinPellets" states. Find us on Facebook. An amateur griller in California claims the company misrepresents its bags of wood pellets as consisting of a single type of premium wood when in truth they do not. bags of Bear Mountain pellets are both lightweight and convenient for carrying.The best thing I like about the Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend Pellet is that it produces less ash.Gourmet Blend Pellets have a lower moisture content, which burns cleaner than average wood pellets.My recommendation is to get this bear Mountain pellet if youre looking for the best pellet to smoke steak, poultry, beef, seafood, vegetables, or anything else.Since this flavor-enhanced pellet pack offers a completely genuine wood fragrance. Because the similarities these brands share are up above the borderline and certainly way too aesthetic. We cover the business side of grilling news, pizza oven news, smoking news, BBQing news, outdoor kitchen news, camp stove news, etc. BBQ'ers Delight) Standard Pellets - Made 100% Oak (ex. However, using these pellets efficiently, smoking poultry meats or grilled chickens could also be done. We are all about the business of outdoor cooking. Both of the pellets have nearly the same diameter. Most people are not going to only consider performance variables when it comes to comparing Bear Mountain Pellets Vs Lumberjack Pellets. Now, you might be wondering if it wont be a concern to you. This is why hickory has been a lowkey choice for users for an extended amount of time. we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Reply. That said, I have had acceptable results with the Recteq and Kingsford pellets. Hardwood tends to burn a lot longer due to how robust the material is. Because it doesnt create scratches to the hopper and is compatible with nearly all the authorized and unauthorized outdoor grills. Also, its compatible with nearly all sorts of grills. They made their pellets in South Hayward, WI . This is why the oak could be an excellent replacement for the hickory or the apple. Amazon. Provides a cleaner burn with low moisture. IMO the main difference among pellet suppliers is integrity. No substandard wood chunk is included here to affect the aroma. Of course, they are made of all-natural wood excluding any filler or binder. Bear Mountain Pellets is a family-owned business that produces premium wood pellets. Well, assuming you already have known stuff regarding the differences and similarities and acknowledged them adequately. The second difference between the two pellet brands is their pricing and quantity of pellet packs. Blog; Grills; Smokers; Specials; Varieties; Lignetics of Great Lakes, LLC 16592 W US Hwy 63 S Fax: 715-934-4574 E-Mail: ordersglre@lignetics.com . Cookin' Pellets, Lumberjack) Blended Wood Pellets - Made from 70% Oak or Alder, 30% flavor wood (ex. Bear Mountain BBQ 100% Natural Hardwood Maple Flavor Pellets, 20 Pounds. There is a reason for this. Mini Review of Lumber Jack 100% Wood Smoking Pellets . They were out of apple and mesquite. It would take an entire hour to finish burning 3lbs of bear mountain pellets. No matter which grill youre using, these pellets would be compatible with that grill. Oct 2014: Bear Mountain wood pellets are one of the best. I picked up a 40 pound bag at Sam's of their "Smokehouse Blend" and haven't tried it yet but have heard good things about those pellets. A mixture of fruit blend and Classic has worked reasonably well but still light on smoke flavor.