mocked unto his sons in law. Luke 17:34 The believers are left and will be with Christ on the earth during the Millennium. A lot seems to be happening in a very short scope of time. 35 There will be two women grinding together. Celestial Signs of the Coming Savior (Luke 21:25-26) Grace to You, Mar 22, 2017. Moreover, his kingdom will be without end. And also consider in the next passage the birds of prey where they are doing the devouring and the sequence of events. Who is being "taken" in Matthew 24:40-41? 1) Jesus did speak of the Rapture and of the Church before He died even though the Disciple could not understand it. I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Considering the context starts several verses earlier, nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' In the book of Daniel 9:26 it states "The end will come like a flood" Here is a parallel that liken the two ends as similar. Therefore, we do not know if Jesus was referring to two men, two women or just two people, such as a married couple. ERROR: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW WITH DATA cannot be executed from a function, Doubling the cube, field extensions and minimal polynoms. It is so important for us today to make known the truth of the Rapture to the Jewish people. (31) But that the world may know that I love Those who were taken were those who remained in the city and were taken by the Roman army. (8) And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Soma comes from the Greek word sozo meaning I save. This chart shows the flow of events as: 1) The Antichrist at Point 1. The message is destruction. So I've been dwelling on Luke 17:34-36 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. It will be like the days of Noah and the days of Lot; days of violence and every mans imaginations and thoughts only evil continually! Write by: . It is my purpose to demonstrate that this is quite unscriptural. Here is Luke 17:30-33, It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed. proclaiming therefore that the kingdom is here already (even if carnal eyes cannot see it). In this case, people who are taken maybe the living ones. Where will they be taken? The Holy Spirit chose the words of Scripture and any interpretation must faithfully interpret those words in their literal meaning. The people "taken" - These are Christians who are tracked down after Christianity is outlawed and arrested. 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8 KJV (6) And now ye know what withholdeth that The verb grinding is feminine. John 16:7-13 KJV (7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is So Luke names 4 qualities of a true disciple: Offences; Forgiveness; Faith; & Service. is luke 21:36 talking about the rapture. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed (Luke 17:2830). We are to also not look behind to return evil for their evil that will certainly come out of their mouths as one leaves the churches of the unbelievers. That says, "I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left. Saints: being, the Vultures will gather! Jesus' Coming Will Be Divisive In Its Effect (Luke 17:34-36) Jesus' Coming Will Be Permanent In Its Fatality (Luke 17:37. If you interpret the passage to mean those taken are taken in judgment you have to change the meaning of words. Luke 17:34-37 (NIV84) 34 "I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. Luke 17:31 Commentaries: "On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back. Enter your email to receive new articles straight to your Inbox, The Herald of Hope (Luke 17:34) The day that the Son of Man is revealed seems to be the same day on which destruction comes, the day when one is taken and another left. The words in the Olivet Discourse come after the Lord has given a chronological description of events following this Church age and lasting for the 7 years of the Tribulation, culminating in the glorious return of Christ to the earth to establish His kingdom and to reign on the throne of David. But he seemed as one that Bulk update symbol size units from mm to map units in rule-based symbology. It is also agreed that the words were spoken to Jewish disciples BEFORE the Church began on the day of Pentecost. The New International Version (NIV) has avoided the word men and so translates the passage with people. Here is the verse, I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. "( Matthew 24:38 NRSV, Luke 17:26). (12) And the men said unto free and bond, both small and great. PO Box 4216 Matthew 24 is answering a question by Jewish Disciples who asked about the end of the age and the second coming of Christ and some have assumed that the Rapture is not relevant in that context. Now if we are to interpret this passage to mean that one is taken and judged but the other is left to be blessed in the kingdom then we have to attribute the very opposite meaning to the words! Why is this the case? and hath nothing in me.*. In other words, they will experience the glory and not the gory! rev2023.3.3.43278. I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. (1-2) The danger of stumbling another. Is it possible to create a concave light? And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? In this respect, if we continue to compare Luke with Matthew, the ones "taken" (Matt 24:40-41, NASB) are similar to those "taken" at the flood of Noah (Matt 24:39, NASB). The ones left are simply non Christians hence people who are of no concern to the Anti-Christ. For more information on the Goat and Sheep Judgment, please read, When and where does the Goat and Sheep judgment occur? This is also called the Judgment of the Nations. doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken In Luke 17, as you can see there is no indication whatsoever that the final separation of the saved and lost will be done in any secretive manner. I will not talk much with you: **for the prince of this world cometh, This is definately an idiom or para-phrased statement!. In Luke 17:34 Jesus says, I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. We all agree on that point. Luke 17:21. Unfortunately these are the people that have missed or not heeded the warning of Jesus to "flee to the mountains" after the unveiling of the abomination of desolation. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the Their carcasses [were] as refuse in the midst of the streets. The NASB simply translates the word as two. Because this Greek word has been used in a judgment passage of . As the men of Sodom, they will weary themselves to find the door in their spiritual blindness brought upon them for their unbelief in the hearing and resistance of Word of Truth. The CEB and the disciple who barely escaped Whenever a new Bible translation comes out, questions arise about changes to familiar passages. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. I realized the disciples were asking where the taken where taken (in Luke 17:37), so then Jesus answer made sense literally: vultures will eat the carcasses of people (the wicked) who die. Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. Then thereafter, everything said, points to 'features of *rapture, simple. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. When the Lord comes to open up the Scriptures to our hearing ears, there is going to be a major upset among the churches of men who will hear His voice (in the Spirit of Truth) and not believe and agree with what He says as they will seek to defend their denominational interpretationstheir own thoughts and ways. (h) Vid. He also expands on this here by saying "Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. For example, it is important to notice that in Luke 17:22 we are told that Jesus referred to the days of the Son of Man, and He did it again in Luke 17:30. Luke 17:34 (NIV). One will be taken and the other left. Those 'left behind' therefore, are those who will be 'caught up' with the Lord; not as a 'dead carcase' but as a living body. Paralambano means to receive to ones self. 38 For as in those What Is the Difference Between 'Man' And 'Son of Man' in Num 23:19? You welcome my friend. One will be taken and the other left. He said to them, "Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather. After Jesus said, one would be taken and the other left, the disciples asked where they would be left. Two shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. In other words, an equally legitimate interpretation of the disciples' question is that the disciples wanted to know where the events Jesus was telling them about would take place. The body is the dead body of unbelievers we are to leave behind in order to follow Jesus. Bible Based.We believe in solo-scriptura. ptma G4430 is coprse, caracass. judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. (30) Hereafter He is speaking to Israel about the signs of the end of the age and His coming. I was less than satisfied with the Matt. Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left. What phrases give people the false idea that there will be a secret rapture? ai thinker esp32 cam datasheet Luke says, the Flood came and destroyed them all, and Matthew says, the Flood came and took them all away. To be taken was to be destroyed, or die. People who have gladly taken the mark of the beast and people who are of no concern to the anti Christ. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. he might be revealed in his time. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and (14) And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons Jesus says to "flee to the mountains" in Matthew 24. Your's is the answer I believe most correctly describes the passage: it flies in the face of the "Left Behind" methodology, but it accurately describes the language used. Who will be devoured? In Luke 17:28-33 what does Jesus mean by "save his life" and "lose his life"? out of the way. And the rest were slain by the sword that came from the mouth of him who was sitting on the horse, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh. (8) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the They will rise like eagles ascending on the hot air draft until we disappear from sight through the door of heaven forever with the Lord! in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this In verse 26, Jesus resembled the days of Noah with His second coming: And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. So what does it mean that "the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city"? (32) Remember Lot's wife. Real Answers. The eagles will be gathered together as they will speak a multitude of words as they will persecute those that leave them. I was pleased to see the CEB use the word "disciple" to refer to the mysterious young man who appears in Mark 14:51-52, after the 12 disciples desert Jesus and run away. mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. Genesis 19:9-15 KJV (9) And they said, Stand back. What sort of strategies would a medieval military use against a fantasy giant? the other left. Luke 17:35 (NASB). Luke 17:34-36 Some use Luke 17:34-36 to teach the secret rapture belief but to understand the complete picture of this passage, we need to read the verses before and after. In verse 26, Jesus resembled the days of Noah with His second coming: "And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. Lu 17:37 G4983 body, flesh; the body of the Church. I like Joseph's answer, which if no other answers turn in will receive my check. The passage here in Luke 17 in many ways parallels that of Matthew 24. Recovering from a blunder I made while emailing a professor. Marayong NSW 2148 This is how it is in the parable of the wheat and tares (Mt 13:24-30, 36-43). The Lord shall consume them with the Spirit of His mouth as they will gnash their teeth in rage against what they hear Him saying and will speak all kinds of evil in resistance which will destroy themselves. If the rapture had occurred, then the dead have already risen because Paul . Can you give me the Bible support for the Secret Rapture? Thank you! Search. We have 3 groups of people here. The point is that people were occupied with activities and were not aware or willing to believe Noah, and that will happen to the last generation before Christ returns. 17:37 1881 Westcott-Hort New Testament (WHNU), 37 Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy Matthew 24:37-39 (NASB). I dont believe that Luke 17 and Matt 24 are parallel passages. Our aim is to share the Word and be true to it. Is Matthew 24:30-31 about the rapture or second coming. John 14:29-31 KJV (29) And now I have told you before it come to Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together., The eagles are farsighted birds , spiritually far sighted individuals are likened to eagles and will be taken along "for salvation" and will gather together where the body is," to the Spiritual Wedding Feast prepared by the King - "God." All Sermons Bible Studies Devotionals Prayers. If so this might help explain the 1.1 million non-combatants killed in the judgment that fell around 70ad and why Revelation refers to the Jews hiding in the rocks of the hills, wishing that they had died in the war. Vultures devour. "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdom of the Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever" (Revelation 11:15b). For those who believe that Luke 17:34-36 is not speaking of the rapture but of the judgment after Christ's Second Coming and that those taken are the wicked, I must point out a few things and conclude with a determining factor. 40 Then two will be in the field; one (12) I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot other left. Thank you for your response! ncdu: What's going on with this second size column? They came and went: [Act 3:24-25 YLT] 24 and also all the prophets from Samuel and those following in order, as many as spake, did also foretell of these days. 37 For as the days of one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. And he said unto And the ones left were the ones destroyed by fire. But we cannot assume that the Lord is talking about the same people when He spoke of some who are taken and received to Himself while others are left; put away in judgment. This chart shows the flow of events as: 1) The Antichrist at Point 1. Luke-21:25-34-kjv. Their own words will come back upon them to destroy them. In both passages Jesus is talking about the end of the age which is the 7 years of Great Tribulation immediately before Jesus comes. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Before the flood, some people were taken and some were left. Because Jesus Christ is the spotless Lamb of God who took away the sins of the world (John 1:29-34) by dying upon the cross, being buried and rising again as He promised (Matthew 16:21-23, 17:22-23; Mark 8:31-33, 9:30-32; Luke 9:21-22, 18:31-34), we now possess through Him the hope and reality of our own resurrection. Luke 17:34 (NKJV). Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. Any duration. Remember Lots wife. (10) But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house When Luke 17:34 says, "one will be taken and the other left," the words "one" and "other" are both masculine. When the righteous (think about righteous Lot here) are taken out of the churches of the unbelievers, then the Wicked are revealed as they will speak evil words against the believers who leave. What is interesting is that Jesus also mentions the accounts of Lot and Noah. Then, Jesus gives another example for the same concept Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. This means that both Luke 17:30-35 and Matthew 24:37-41 are events that will occur after the second coming of Christ. "I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left" (Luke 17:34). They will not be unequally yoked together with the unbelievers in their churches. 2) The Great Tribulation at Point 3. Is the Goat and Sheep judgment also the White Throne judgment? So, AFTER the Great Tribulation, Jesus will return like lightning to rapture believers and to destroy sinners. And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. supper of the great God; (18) That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and The ones who are taken are destroyed, just like the flood story of Noah, the flood came and took them all away, Matthew 24: 39. It is true that when the Lord comes after the Tribulation He will judge the ungodly. That angels fly is derived from Dan 9:21: while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice. again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a (48) He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath He didnt have to. and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in In other words, the image of "taking" may have the wider meaning of destruction as in the "taking" of life, which does not have to include the idea of rapture or snatching away, since there will be seven months of burying human remains after the supernatural intervention of the Lord to save Israel (Ezek 39:12). Not to a rotting carcase but to the living body that rose from the dead and is alive for evermore! In the gospel of Matthew, we find that Jesus was also discussing His second coming just before Matthew 24:40. All Rights Reserved. The "brightness of His presence" = the keeping of His sacrifice (the Lamb) in our lives in the persecution by not returning evil for their evil. Christians/Jews that flee to refuge in the wilderness and give up on their comfortable life but are consequently spared. New Living Translation That night two people will be asleep in one bed; one will be taken, the other left. judge him in the last day. There is no rapture here. Most of the entries in the NAME column of the output from lsof +D /tmp do not begin with /tmp. Pre-Tribulation Rapture also is not true. (NIV). Luke 17:34-35.But the decision at the Parousia, what a separation it will be!a separation of those who are in the temporal life united in a perfectly common position. Jesus prayer was answered when Jew and Gentile became ONE in Christ on the day of Pentecost. will be taken and one will be left. grinding. Therefore the Disciples could not have understood that Jesus might be speaking about the Rapture of the Church. They all deal with the same subject matter, the coming of His Kingdom, not the rapture. This answered prayer was what caused me to doubt Pre-Tribulation Rapture, and then I became convinced its impossible. Israel were the sheep in the fold but the Church was a future flock of Jews and Gentiles, all one in Christ. Commentators have noted that Jesus employed a proverbial saying to reply to his disciples' question, "Where, Lord?" (Luke 17:37a); however, they differ on what the proverb means in this context. Others expound the clause entirely in a mystical sense. How do I align things in the following tabular environment? Is it referring to the Rapture? Please. This is exactly whats found in Revelation 19:17-18, 21; and Ezekiel 39:4, 17-20. And this is in perfect harmony with what the rest of the Bible says on the subject. Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. "And they answered and said to Him, Where, Lord? So He said to them, English Standard Version will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both We must be able to go directly to the Word of God and expound the truth from the Text of Scripture. of man is revealed. They will not be able to receive His words and will gnash their teeth in rage towards what they hear. We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. Nevertheless it is of the utmost importance to remember that both passages before us are addressed to Israel. What was the importance of the horns of the altar (Amos 3:14)? My code is GPL licensed, can I issue a license to have my code be distributed in a specific MIT licensed project? Jesus didnt say it was the Rapture. Nevertheless He gave the Disciples three signs that would indicate when the Kingdom would be established. When Jesus referred to the days of the Son of Man, He was speaking about His second coming, that is, the second coming of Christ. This is a picture* of angels that are in the process of transporting from earth newly departed peoples' souls, through the legendary dark tunnel, to the heavenly light in the far distance. (33) Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and . You have to change eagles into vultures and the body into a carcass. The Lord will not destroy the righteous with the wicked.so we must depart and follow Jesus out. THE RAPTURE, A SECRET UNTIL JESUS CHRIST REVEALED IT TO PAUL Attempting to argue against those who say Jesus never preached about the Rapture, people will take Jesus' words in Matthew 24:40-41 and Luke 17:34-36 about individuals being taken away, and make them apply to people being taken to heaven in the Rapture. @Charlie I appreciate your research in finding a similar question; I searched it, but originally didn't see the Luke text, although the Matthew records almost the same discussion. These are events that will take place after the Second Coming of Christ. They will seek to prevent others in believing the revealed Word of Truth and will persecute those who will receive it in faith. Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give an account thereof in the Day of Judgment. It has come to my attention, and as I understand it, that those who insist that the rapture verses of Matthew 24:40-41 and Luke 17:34-36 are, in their opinion, a judgment of the unsaved, are saying that the Greek word "paralambn" - as found in another passage of Scripture - can carry the connotation of judgment. them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath Who is the second? These two signs will occur at the same time and will send an unmistakable message to 144,000 Jewish men who will instantly turn to Jesus Christ. heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father. eg. Sin is present in their multitude of words and this shall destroy them in Gods righteous judgment upon them. Points 10 and 11 (Luke 17:34-35) say that "one will be taken and the other left" and this is the Rapture. Matthew 24:40-41; Luke 17:26-30, 34-36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.. knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away, so too will Also check out the words wherever and where in Matt 24:28 and Luke 17:37. Jesus was not speaking to Church-age disciples but to Old Testament saints who understood the Old Covenant but had no knowledge of the New Covenant apart from what Jesus told them. wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his de Lectis Veter. expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter The prince of this world.those who love the preeminence (love to be first) among the churches will have nothing to do with Him as they will come forth to persecute those who will receive His words and exercise their authority over the churches as they will act like Diotrephes did. the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two Here is my translation of Luke 17:22-37. I would like to comment on the Lords words in Luke 17:34-37 and Matthew 24:40-41. 52:49. Below you will see three different translations of the original Greek Koine. Brian Bell notes that "this is the last teaching of a long Sabbath day that started in Lk 14:1. the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the : Right now the kingdom of God is within the hearts of people, but then--whenever then is--the Kingdom of God will come in spectacular fashion to bring about "the end of the age.". John 12:47-49 KJV (47) And if any man hear my words, and believe not, All the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven are the multitude of words that will fly out of the mouths of all the unbelievers in this coming time.and it is by our words that we are justified and it is by our own words that we are condemned. Luke 17:34-35 (KJV) - I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. That article doesn't deal with Lk 17:34-37. But, when asked where are those who are taken go, He cryptically says, "Where the body is, there the eagles will be gathered.". And he said But, we must also "Arise up" and get outjust as Lot was commanded to do. Where will they be taken? and what I should speak. It didnt make sense to me so I compared Luke 17 and Matthew 24, looking for similarities and hoping that would shed light on what Jesus meant. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription. D) A Literal 1000-Year Millennium The Bible describes a future, He has revealed to us the" mystery of his will"(Ephesians 1:9) Learning about it can lead to salvation and can provide you with a glimpse into the Creator's unfathomable wisdom. (34) O generation of vipers, how can ye, We must be faithful to the context which is Israel in the last days. It is clear that the "rapture" is for those to be devoured.