These dolls were very popular with young children back in the day. $19.99, $24.99 Jules: Royale with Cheese. Dramatic footage from the MAFS couples' retreat shows Cam Woods, Rupert Bugden and Ollie Skelton getting into what looked like a heated argument after the cameras stopped rolling. Whether you loved the goofball antics of the character or were fascinated with the notion of a half man half gadget-wielding robot, these toys are highly sought after and can fetch you a hefty sum if sold today. Although the show was a flop, the toys in happy meals for Yo Yogi are vastly popular and can fetch for an easy $100 now online. We all love you here. Please consider making a donation to our site. $24.00, $30.00 1979 A new slogan is released: "Nobody can do it like McDonald's can." It doesn't have the same mojo as "You deserve a break today", but it worked well enough to use through 1983. An NHS doctor damaged patients eyes' as she was struggling with new glasses Over 100 patients received damage to their lens during intravitreal injections By Ffion Haf and John James For Mailonline A historic year the introduction of the mighty Big Mac. If you're a McNugget lover, you'll want to know Why All McDonald's Chicken Nuggets Come in the Same 4 Shapes. This morning staple appeared as a standalone meal throughout the '80s and captured consumers' hearts long before McMuffins and McGriddles were on the menu. - Douglas Percy Bliss on his friend Eric Ravilious from their time at the Royal College of Art Eric Ravilious loved. McDLT aside, the company emerged from the Burger Wars stronger. I cant even comprehend McDonalds handing out pens these days. Ah my pre teen years were spent hanging out in this setting! Maybe you remember the commercials of the sometimes funny and often creepy Ronald McDonald. The original salads popped onto menus in 1984 via test locations across the country. Hey Pandas, Post A Picture Of A Cat Being Naughty, 30 Pictures Of Beautiful Bangladeshi People By Mou Aysha (New Pics), 79 Surreal Images Of Sneakers Placed In Some Very Interesting Locations By Carlos Jimnez Varela. Most of them around Baltimore have them too! Get the best deals on McDonald's Glass when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. So raise a glass (carefully, as to avoid knocking over your styrofoam container) and lets toast some great fast food memories. EatThis.com is part of the AllRecipes Food Group. At this point they had over 500 stores. And we will remember it for 10000 years Can these come back - instead of ads or generic liners? If you were a kid in the 1970s, then you undoubtedly had a couple glasses in the kitchen cabinet from McDonalds. These were kind of squashy and had a little hole with a valve at the bottom. Despite it being a little too scary at times for children, the collectible set of the film at McDonald's fetches for nearly $200 online these days. . You can change your preferences. It's Over Now. Wendys (Wheres the Beef?) and Burger King started to gain real ground. (50% off), Sale Price $12.08 Two big things are happening in 1971. There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. They could just end up paying your way through college or something. Either the toys arent as cool as before or I grew up. And for more about McDonald's, here are 30 McDonald's Facts All '80s Kids Remember. A new slogan is released: Nobody can do it like McDonalds can. It doesnt have the same mojo as You deserve a break today, but it worked well enough to use through 1983. Again. The characters include Captain Crook, Hamburglar, Ronald Mc Donald, Big Mac, Grimace, and Mayor McCheese. We didnt get big by being small. Indeed, this would be the year McDonalds corporation went public. The burger came in a divided styrofoam clamshell, where one half contained the burger patty and bun, while the other side contained a bun topped with cheese, lettuce, and tomato, in order to keep the produce unwilted. And, if youre honest, youll just drag up from the depths all the times youve hated or felt passionately about something and play it. 212.95 SEK, 349.11 SEK Try this pair of dark peacock green glasses glasses from our 80s designer glasses collection. When youre done with this cool photo list, check out r/nostalgia who constantly update their collection of old photos that give us that bittersweet (or is that sweet and sour?) In a book that became to be known as 'The People of the Abyss' London described the time when he lived in the Whitechapel district sleeping in workhouses, so-called doss-houses and even on the streets. View her full portfolio at refertogabrielle.wixsite.com/portfolio. Estimated Value: $7 - $8 for individual pieces; $10 - $60 for various sets. McNugget Buddies. Take a look at the size of that cup. RELATED: Barbies Every Girl Had In The 90s (And How Much Theyre Worth Now). And you can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. One day, this guy just kind of figured - "I spend most of my time on the internet anyway, why not turn it into a profession?" Pictures of McDonald's from the 1980s and 1990s have emerged online showing a very different restaurant chain from the one most people know today. ;), SO THAT"S WHAT THEY WERE??!? googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('Unit6'); }); Not the most photogenic kid Ive ever seen, but the point is made: McDonalds is healthy. However, it is not as constant when compared to the timeline. Mcdonalds Shrek Glasses 3. $11.99, $23.99 Pyrex Corning Glass Mcdonalds Coffee Cups 1982 McDonald's released these Pyrex glass cups in 1982, making them some of the rarest merchandise and equally among the most valuable. 2010-2023 DeMilked. Anyone can write on Bored Panda. Same it was so special and so amazing, the playgrounds weren't so generic they were fun. Original Price $22.95 While usually just a small piece of plastic that reflected whatever pop culture phenomenon was happening at the time, these toys have become a staple of his iconic fast-food franchise. Original Price 310.88 SEK 136.95 SEK, 171.16 SEK You can read more about it and change your preferences, Get the best of Bored Panda in your inbox. In 1992, the chain changed how they made them. Some things that always pique his interest are old technologies, literature and all sorts of odd vintage goodness. Original Price 309.14 SEK Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Your ultimate restaurant and supermarket survival guide is here! This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. 49.34 SEK, 54.82 SEK Also note that the massive transition from sugar based Coke to High Fructose Corn Syrup based Coke is underway. McDonald's Batman Glasses Original Price $24.99 From gaming trends to the latest blockbuster anime, DualShockers keeps you ahead of the curve. They often came with specific themes, and this McDonald's happy meal version of the Madame Alexander Disney dolls featured their dolls dressed as various Disney characters. You missed out and it shows. And for even more nostalgia, don't miss these 19 Old Happy Meal Toys That'll Bring You Back to Your Childhood. Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. A set was recently sold on eBay for $90 in August 2022. Check out our mcdonalds glass 80s selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. More afro-centric advertising. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. The toys are so popular that the figure of Jerry the minion break dancing is worth $120. Competition began to intensify for McDonalds around this time, and resulted in whats become known as the Burger Wars. Happy shopping Details about McDonalds Garfield Odie Glass Coffee Cups Mugs Jim Davis 1978-80 Set of 2 NEW New arrival updates Everyday High quality goods livingtogether.org.il, US $12 <p>McDonalds Garfield Odie Glass Coffee Cups Mugs Jim Davis Set of 2 NEW see pictures - buying as-is </p> These have . Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable . 1980 Philadelphia Eagles Collector's Glass 7. Please take a look at all photos as they are part of 275711550399 I like collecting vinyl, G.I. Vintage 1977 Hamburglar McDonalds McDonald land Action Collector Series Glass $10.00 $9.03 shipping or Best Offer VINTAGE 1970'S MCDONALDS HAMBUGULAR COLLECTORS SERIES GLASS $3.99 $8.00 shipping Vintage 1980 Garfield Collector's Glass Mug, McDonald's Series $9.99 0 bids $18.84 shipping 6d 17h (15% off), Sale Price $11.99 (29% off), Sale Price 219.49 SEK Kids loved the action and adventure of the half man half robot detective, and he subsequently had a popular line of toys kept in happy meals. For great art and culture delivered to your door, visit our shop. Despite the all the upgrades, McDonalds still looked like a diner in the 1970s. Whether this item appeared on menus in order to combat other chains with popular salad staples or McDonald's wanted to jump on the health food craze of the decade, McDonald's initial garden, chef, and shrimp salads of the '80s proved a popular alternative to their standard burgers. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. From handmade pieces to vintage treasures ready to be loved again, Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. The glasses feature McDonald's themed Action characters with their names underneath. It's so strange to imagine that these toys of simple cloth and beans came together to form one of the collector world's most infamous fast food collectibles. Read our Cookie Policy. Jonas enjoys writing articles ranging from serious topics like politics and social issues to more lighthearted things like art, pop culture, and nature. McDonald's toys weren't just a mainstay for most of our childhoods. Original Price 349.11 SEK It wasnt until 1968 that the Golden Arches which we all know and love appeared. $16.80. Joe comics, Batman memorabilia, and whatever nostalgia I can find at thrift stores. The McDLT was supposed to be healthier and better quality. All Rights Reserved. I had a couple of them. The foods way different, too. Madame Alexander's Alice in Wonderland-themed dolls can fetch for a huge price online now; 300$ or more. And for more ways to up your meals, don't miss these 52 Life-Changing Kitchen Hacks That'll Make You Enjoy Cooking Again. D. Danielle Wilcox. Its dark, almost black shade combined with turquoise-green pattern creates a beautiful looking frame. Let's just say there's a reason he looks so happy! Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. This late-'80s item appeared on menus as a response to pizza chains like Pizza Hut and Dominos but proved to be a tough item to sell, especially because each pizza took 11 minutes to prepare. All Rights Reserved. Cheers! } else { :) Great Memories Hut Disney Cups Back In The 90s Why can't happy meal toys be this awesome now? But the late 1970s saw McDonald's try to enter the fast-food Italian market with this bizarre offering, which ran alongside lasagna and fettuccine alfredo. These dolls now fetch for $130 on eBay. In response, McDonalds unveiled the Filet OFish and the Catholics returned to the Holy Arches. PINT GLASS. Within the past 40 years, it's been hard to stop by a McDonald's and not notice a new salad addition to their menu. Privacy Settings Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: basic site functions ensuring secure, safe transactions secure account login Want to know what used to be on a McDonald's menu? When you conjure up the perfect McDonald's menu in your head, you probably don't think of spaghetti. Cheerfulness kept creeping in." Go ahead. Let's keep in touch and we'll send more your way. Everything You Need to Know About Pop Culture in the '80s, Game Review: Smurf's Village Takes Me Back To 1981, A Stocking Full of Your Favorite '80s Christmas Specials, Lucky's Best Escape Tactics In '80s Lucky Charms Commercials, Celebrate Garfield's 40th Birthday With This Fun Infographic. From Minnie to Cinderella, these dolls showed their Disney spirit and were available in a wide range of outfits in character looks. We should have never taken our McDonald's treasures out of their tiny plastic bags. So if you find something that's too bizarre not to share, make sure to hit him up! In the '80s especially, the Muppets were every kid's favorite. They wouldnt know what the f**k a Quarter Pounder is. GROUP OF 3 1982 MCDONALDS SMURF GLASSES Clumsy Lazy Handy Peyo Cups Lot. Click Buy it now or Add to cart and proceed to checkout. Photos of McDonald's restaurants and merchandise from the '80s and '90s have emerged - with some weird and wonderful results. Ive played a lot of evil, ball-breaking women. Yes, the food isn't/wasn't great, but the whole experience as a kid was awesome. Ephemeral, disposable, they served only one purposeto let someone know "I'm here. If you grew up in the 1980s, you saw a new wave of McDonald's instant favorites grace menus across the United States. Despite the love the original Yogi Bear show from Hannah Barbera garnered from audiences around the world, not all of Yogi Bear's adventures were so beloved. Mr. Kinloch said 24 million to 60 million painted glasses had been produced for McDonald's in the last five years. It was said that, back in the day, if you couldn't get your hands on an American Girl doll, then getting a doll from Madame Alexander was the next best thing. I remember alll of that. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. When I was a kid my mum wore a purple felt tracksuit once and I said it reminded me of Grimace from McDonalds, I have never, and I suspect I never will, see such unadulterated rage in my life, The worst part was when it was raining then the sun was shining right after, we insisted on going to play anyway, bathing in puddles :D. You wouldnt mix up a photo of an old-timey McDonalds interior with any other fast food restaurant. Jonas is a Bored Panda writer who previously worked as a world news journalist elsewhere. Original Price $42.50 The offerings have changed, but salads are still on the McDonald's menu today. Original Price 171.16 SEK Original Price $39.99 Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. advice every day. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. The golden arches? Around this time, McDonalds gave its locations a facelift. In America, theres one on every corner, and their food tastes exactly the same in Miami as it does in Oakland. What made these toys special to children was not the food itself, but rather the promise of a fun toy that came with the meal. Ronald McDonald House Charities Southwestern Ontario Family Services Coordinator Windsor Easy Apply Job Hours of Work: This position is part of a rotation scheduled every other weekend, rotating between days (7:00 am-3:00 pm) and afternoons (3:00 pm-11:00 pm) as well as rotating holidays. 10 McDonald's Toys That Are Worth A Fortune Today, Licensed McDonald's Toys That Look Nothing Like The Characters, the Happy Meal returning to Mcdonald's this summer, The 20 Worst Disney McDonald's Toys (And 10 That Are Worth A Fortune), Hilarious McDonald's Toys That Make No Sense, Barbies Every Girl Had In The 90s (And How Much Theyre Worth Now), Toys From The 90s That Are Impossible To Find (And How Much Theyre Worth). (10% off), Sale Price 154.69 SEK remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. Ending Mar 10 at 12:56PM PST 6d 22h. Total of 6 Ronald McDonald plates. He did sing the jingle for a commercial, but he didnt actually write it. First, we have The Big Meal; sort of a larval stage Value Meal. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. The funny shape isnt so funny anymore. Quick delivery Latest hottest promotions Details about McDonalds Garfield Odie Glass Coffee Cups Mugs Jim Davis 1978-80 Set of 2 NEW Cheap range hesgoal.name, US $12 " and "I'm Not One Who Rises To The Occasion Condition is New These have been stored for . Learn more. Knowing what was to follow, the venue was apposite. He said he did not know if lead was a prcblem with all the glasses. 219.49 SEK, 309.14 SEK The go-to source for comic and superhero movie fans. Original Price $23.99 $19.51, $22.95 Ok": Employee Leaves Work During An Emergency Because Manager Wouldn't Approve His Overtime, 50 Times People Had A Beautiful Tattoo Idea And It Got Executed Perfectly, Employee Maliciously Complies To Work Only His 8 1/2 Hours, Makes The Company Lose $85k Per Year, Old Photos In Real Life: 35 Pics That Show How Much Time Affects Everything (New Pics). We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. Note that Barry Manilow is often incorrectly given writing credits for this song. They sold a different glass each week, so many customers made the pilgrimage to complete the set of five with the whole Peanuts gang. More like this if( 'moc.sihttae.www' !== location.hostname.split('').reverse().join('') ) { If you think that McDonalds fries tasted better when you were young, its not just your nostalgia talking. Please enter your email to complete registration. (20% off), Sale Price $19.99 There's four to collect, with each round glass features a design featuring a different McDonald's logo from their history. Or that could be the nostalgia talking. 148.03 SEK, 164.47 SEK TheGamer is the leading source for video game news, reviews, topical features, and deep-dive interviews, delivered right through your eyeballs and into your brain box. Oh God and these were lava when it was 110* in Houston Texas in August, I have an ancient, highly suggestive photo of me and Ronald on one of these benches. Really good example of quality marketing. We framed the photo's, My son had his birthday party cople of times in McD in Skopje, some 17-18 years ago. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. The McRib created a massive fanbase the moment the signature sandwich graced McDonald's menus in 1981. A huge fan of literature, films, philosophy, and tabletop games, he also has a special place in his heart for anything related to fantasy or science fiction. These Pictures Show How Different McDonald's Was In The 80s & 90s McDonald's has been one of the fastest-growing fast-food chains around the world. Consistently earned 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, and replied quickly to messages, Looks like you already have an account! Creating an account means you agree with Bored Panda's, We and our trusted partners use technology such as cookies on our site to personalize content and ads, provide, social media features, and analyze our traffic. Get the best deal for Mcdonalds Collector Glasses from the largest online selection at eBay.ca. You probably love McDonald's apple pie, but do you remember the signature fried cherry pie? The glasses originally came in a set of four and were made by the Pyrex Corning company for the McDonald's franchise. lol I'm sorry you didn't get to experience the FUN that was 80s/90s McDonalds. (20% off), Sale Price $13.49 Sure, it looked and tasted a helluva lot like the famous Big Boy. From 1983-1987, a British and American show based on the world of the Muppets came to life and gained serious popularity. . Original Price 3,566.71 SEK Belle uses what little free time she has to play Guild Wars 2 with her partner, work toward that 5-star rating in Animal Crossing, and wonder when the new Dragon Age installment is coming out. They were what got a lot of us started as collectors. Its also home to a whole host of one-of-a-kind items made with love and extraordinary care. Gross. Mere mentions of our favorite breakfast or lunch menu items flood us with nostalgia and send us right back to childhood. Employee They Disrespected, I Used AI To See What These 30 Popular Cartoon Characters Would Look Like In Real Life, And Here's The Result (New Pics), People Are Roasting Airbnb For Getting Completely Out Of Hand, Here Are 30 Of The Most Savage Tweets, Employee Laughs In Boss' Face For Saying It's "Unethical" To Make Plans After Work, Takes The Case To The Director, "Lost In History": 50 Pictures That Shed A New Light On Our Past, Cat Hats For Every Occasion: This Artist Crochets Funky Hats For Cats, And Here Are Her Best 38 Works, Each Of My Mandalas Is Designed For A Particular Baby, And Here Are My Latest 38 Photographs From The Series: The Kids Of The Sun (38 New Pics), Hey Pandas, Tell Us About Your Worst Birthday Ever, This Artist Specializes In Creating Tiny Animal Portraits, And Here's Some Of His Work (18 Pics), 22 Powerful Works of Art As A Response To The Disastrous Earthquake In Turkey, As A Digital Artist, I Can Create An Alternative Reality Representing The World Of Dreams And This Is How It Looks (28 Pics), Woman Buys Ex-Hoarder's Home With All Of Their Belongings, Spends 4 Years Cleaning When Relatives Start Demanding Heirlooms They Didn't Want, Chefs Are Sharing 30 Common Cooking Mistakes We Need To Avoid, I Felt So Shaken Up: Woman Leaves Family Trip After Eavesdropping On Husbands Conversation With Mother-In-Law, "Lost In History": 50 Pictures That Might Change Your Perspective On The 20th Century (New Pics), Dad Overhears A Conversation Between His New Wife And His Son, Cancels The Mothers Day Celebration Hed Planned, 50 Frightening Pics That Make Us Want To Stay As Far Away From The Ocean As Possible (New Pics), Clueless Director Calls For A Meeting Over Mass Resignation After Company Cancels WFH, Employee Explains It In A Way He Would Understand, This Online Group Is Dedicated To Things That Are Inexplicably Satisfying, Here Are 50 Of The Best Ones (New Pics), "You Are So Beaut-OHGOD! We don't want to rely on ads to bring you the best of visual culture. View Etsys Privacy Policy. The sandwich began appearing internationally and was marketed as the Royal and McRoyal. (39% off), Sale Price 136.95 SEK They were all the rage when I was growing up and they had a bit of everything. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. The Wars also forced McDonalds to diversify their menu further and, hence, the McNugget was born. Set of 2 Batman Forever Riddler 1995 McDonalds Embossed Glass Mugs DC Comics .