You believe that shit? The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes, and the press will think youre colorful. Joe Reardon Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Crash: I didnt miss him! (Crash walks to the mound) You lollygag in and out of the dugout. These top 37 lines/scenes are what I consider the funniest,most iconic, most repeatable andmost usable in everyday life. Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Crash says he isnt interested in a woman whos interested in a boy like LaLoosh. I believe in the Church of Baseball. Its our game. Why do you get to choose? Oh my. You don't know shit, all right? Technical Specs, [Larry jogs out to the mound to break up a players' conference], [after Ebby didn't listen to Crash, and the ball became a home run], [Crash looks and sees Ebby's father who waves]. : I don't know where it's gonna go. Im Crash Davis, your new catcher, and you just got lesson number one. Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Because it sure aint baseball. Teddy Cullinane, 7. Crash: Hey, why you shaking me off? Crash Davis: I got a lot of time to hear your theories. Crash Davis is brought to Durham to teach rookie pitcher Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh, played by Tim Robbins, about the game and how to reach the major league. : CRASH Hit me in the chest with this. Its our game. In retrospect, "Bull Durham" (released by Orion Pictures) was part of a golden age of sports movies. Huh? These are the ground rules. The story is as much a discovery of talent as it is about molding it with practice and guidance. The film treats the sport of baseball with a sort of casual reverence, highlighting both the drama and the humor inherent in the game, illustrated by Annie's numerous references to baseball as \"her religion.\"CREDITS:TM \u0026 MGM (1988)Cast: Kevin Costner, Tim Robbins, Trey Wilson, Robert WuhlDirector: Ron SheltonProducers: Mark Burg, Thom Mount, Charles Hirschhorn, David V. LesterScreenwriter: Ron SheltonWHO ARE WE?The MOVIECLIPS channel is the largest collection of licensed movie clips on the web. Arent I pretty? And you should know that!Why its the best: Its now that Annie and Crash realize the fire of the argument means they probably need to be together. Crash Davis Now come inside, and Ill buy you a drink. Crash Davis, 24. Through the quotes Ive read, collected, organized, and written about, I found that humans are resilient, creative, and compassionate. Crash: I fing quit. Okay, well, uh candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. You throw that weak-a s again. Larry: I remember that. : : The Durham Bulls began playing baseball with joy and verve and poetry.. Clubhouse reporter [On playing in the "show" - major league baseball]. That means if you get just one extra flare a week, just one; A gork, a groundballyou get a groundball with eyesyou get a dying quailjust one more dying quail a week, and you're in Yankee Stadium. : Quote Ambition is your source for quotes. Crash: We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Annie: Wait a minute. Crash: Im too old for this s. Baseball may be a religion full of magic, cosmic truth, and the fundamental ontological riddles of our time, but its also a job. Annie Savoy, Nuke LaLoosh: Shes getting pretty steamed, actually, because Im still re-channeling my sexual energy. And, yeah, its so true. [In the dugout after LaLoosh pitches a perfect inning] How are ya? And hes throwing a brilliant game, the best of his career to that point. [Jose nods] Crash Davis Annie: Crash, that was fabulous. Your privacy is important to us. Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Hold it like an egg.Why its the best: Because its an egg, right? Success continued long after ready-mades hit the market in 1881. When Nuke gets back from a road trip, she turns on the charm. 21. How does that work? Instead of punching, Crash challenges the rookie to throw a baseball at him. [Gets in Crash's face] : Well, f this fing game. You hayseed. Larry: Eight and 16. You hit white balls for batting practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong. Larry : Another new league record! Keeler compiled 13 straight seasons in which he batted over . hit me in the chest with that. Larry: Its a miracle. There are many things to love about Bull Durham, but its quotes and dialogues are one of the main reasons. There's six months in a season, that's about 25 weeks. That's the secret. Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, Here are some 'Bull Durham' quotes to inspire you. Crash: Yep. Blackwell and Company in Durham, North Carolina, that originated around the 1850s and remained in production until August 15, 1988. Crash: And he scrambled that son of a b. Larry, the pitching coach, jogs out to see whats happening. "I. Skip Riggins: You can keep going to the ballpark, keep getting paid to do it. Oh, hey, and another thing, Meat. The setup: Crash walks into the Durham managers office for the first time. : 7. : I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. Ump: Safe! Nuke (LaLoosh) is known as a pitcher with a million-dollar arm, but a five-cent head , who has the potential to join the major league. Dont hold the ball so hard, okay? How come in former lifetimes, everybody is somebody famous?, 28. Performed by dith Piaf. : Well, he really hit the shit outta that one, didn't he? : The setup: Annie and LaLoosh are disrobing, but the brash youngster keeps his socks on. He hops up to Crashs seat on the bus. Youre going to have to study them. Watch/repeat. I just LOVED that they included him in this movie and even gave him a couple of lines. Someone else carries your bags. I just want to be., 5. Dont (something). Its more democratic. Crash Davis, 16. 15. You hit white balls for batting practice. However, if you think that the movie focuses only on games and training, you're wrong. Good night. You want me to run ya? What's this guy know anyway? But, Joe. Dont let him in your kitchen. Sets the stage for the next couple ofhours. Nuke: Sucker teed off on that like he knew I was gonna throw a fastball. Why, there are laws we dont understand that bring us together and tear us apart. Annie Savoy, 2. The setup: Annie invites both Crash and LaLoosh back to her place, as she tries to pick her baseball boyfriend/project for the season. (Long pause) You know what Im saying? Honey, you are a regular nuclear meltdown. The design became the most famous trademark in the world. You got a Hall-of-Fame arm, but you're pissing it away. Crash Davis? Instead, we also learn more about each character and how they teach us things about life and empowerment that we can always remember. Click stars : I know. Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising. The last five pitched he threw were faster that the first five, He has the best young arm I've seen in 30 years. Well, actually, nobody on this planet ever really chooses each other. : This son of a bitch is throwing a two-hit shutout. Well, actually, nobody on this planet ever really chooses each other. According to the actor and former independent baseball leaguer, he agreed to play Crash Davis, but when he returned from a trip out. When you were a baby, the Gods reached down and turned your right arm into a thunderbolt. And, well, you two are the most promising prospects of the season so far, so I just thought we should kinda get to know each other. Annie Savoy, 13. I dont want to think about quantum physics and I dont wanna think about nothin. : We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. It's arrogance not 'ignorance.'. Its time to work on your interviews., Nuke LaLoosh: My interviews? When you were a baby, the Gods reached down and turned your right arm into a thunderbolt. The setup: Annies narration is giving us a quick update on Nuke near the end of the movie. After all, well learn about lifes disappointments through Crash Davis and womens empowerment through Annie Savoy. Announce my presence with authority. The setup: After an awful start to the season, Crashs influence and a man-made rain delay to give the team a much-needed break turns the squad around, and theyre playing great baseball. And possibly the worst Durham team in a half-century. You believe that shit? You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. Beats the hell out of working at Sears., 18. I quit. [Mechanized bull noises in background] Crash Davis Anything that travels that far ought to have a damn stewardess on it, dont you think?Why its the best: Listen to Crash, Nuke. (Crash walks back to the plate.) The setup: After LaLoosh challenged Crash to a fight, then missed him by a mile with a baseball, then got slugged in the jaw, Crash introduces himself. You got a gift., Crash Davis: You got a gift. The hitter watches the homer hit the bull beyond the right-field fence, which annoys Crash. Ebert called Bull Durham one of t. MORE: What if? Bring me the gas. I mean, it's all a question of quantum physics, molecular attraction, and timing. Ive always loved SN. Keeler had the motto "keep your eye clear and hit 'em where they ain't " - which he did. Sold Lady Kenmores. Crash Davis : Bull Durham, in so many ways, reminds us of lifes fickleness, so dont ever take anything for granted! Charlie, here comes the deuce. Nuke: You said Crash. But you don't respect the game, and that's my problem. Well, fuck this fucking game.. [to himself] He did know. Its time to tell it like it is, sports fans. : Baseball may be a religion full of magic, cosmic truth, and the fundamental ontological riddles of our time, but it's also a job., 22. Run, dummy! Who are you? The setup: Crash hit his dinger in Asheville and immediately retired. Time out. 2 thumbs up from Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert for the baseball comedy Bull Durham starring Kevin Costner and Susan Sarandon. Skip: You can keep going to the ballpark, keep getting paid to do it. You got a gift. Shorten up, Crash. You've been around. : : move forward or backward to get to the perfect spot. A Major League love story in a Minor League town. Annie Savoy Bull Durham is a 1988 comedy about a fan (who has an affair with one minor-league baseball player each season) that meets an up-and-coming pitcher and the experienced catcher assigned to him. No matter how different we are on the outside, Im a true believer that our emotions dont lie; if you dig deep into our psyche, were all the same inside. Crash Davis Yeah. You ain't getting that cheese by me, meat. Starting to think how embarrassing it would be to miss in front of all these people, how somebody might laugh. Ebby Calvin LaLoosh Thinkin' it's time to go get 'em They ain't gonna know what hit 'em (W-W-When they get bit with the) Venom, (I got that) adrenaline momentum And I'm not knowin' when I'm Ever gonna slow up and I'm Ready to snap any moment I'm Thinkin' it's time to go get 'em They ain't gonna know what hit 'em (W-W-When they get bit with the) I said knock . The character of Annie (Susan Sarandon), who is big baseball fan herself, constantly pushes her boyfriend Ebby Calvin Laloosh (Tim Robbins) to excel and realize his true potential completely. Crash Davis Watching through on Monday, I typed in 79 different quotes/scenes, and on Tuesday I cut down that list to 37, including the parts I felt had to make the list. He aint seen my heat. You got a gift. : Lets get down to it. Crash: And you, Larry Hockett, should recognize me, because five years ago in the Texas League, you were pitching for El Paso, I was hitting cleanup for Shreveport. I mean. A good friend of mine used to say, This is a very simple game. He's got a million dollar arm, and a five cent head. Because it sure aint baseball.Why its the best: Teddys fed up, dammit. ( yada yada yada ) How come in former lifetimes, everybody is somebody famous? Crash Davis, 27. It's available on Crash: Things will work out.Why its the best: If we were just ranking the most iconic scenes/moments, this would be an easy No. : Man, that ball got out of here in a hurry. Crash Davis Released by Capitol Records in 1988 (CDP 7 90586 2) containing music from Bull Durham (1988). Boy, I once worked there. It will repair our losses and be a blessing to us., 27. Ive tried em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball. Annie Savoy, 9. Think about that for a while. Annie: I can do that, too.Why its the best: Those two crazy kids were meant to be together. You're smart, professional. Why the hell am I back in A ball? Dont try to strike everybody out. I'm too old for this shit. . : Ump: Youre outta here!Why its the best: I know, I know. Bull Durham is structured around two simple narrative devices: one season in the life of a minor league team, and a love triangle between Annie (Susan Sarandon) and a pitcher and catcher at odds with one another. : Our Craig Monroe demonstrates the proper approach at the plate with a runner at third and fewer than two outs. Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. Someone else carries your bags. Crash: You what? Larry : Well, I believe in the soulhe hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. : We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so its important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family. You got it. Get out of your fing head. You missed the tag! Crash: Cmon, Meat. Crash Davis Ebby Calvin LaLoosh She, not that pair, opens the movie with a narration. Crash Davis The hotels all have room service and the women all have long legs and brains. Crash, thinking: Alright now, here we go. Crash Davis : : Annie: Honey, would you rather I be making love to him using your name or making love to youusing his name. Nuke: Im just Annie: Now, I want you to breathe through your eyelids? CRASH Throw it. But its baseball and its in his blood and he cant give it up yet. I was somewhat disappointed to read that Washington Nationals Manager Matt Williams attributed the quote "Hit 'em where they ain't" to Susan Sarandon in the movie "Bull Durham . Well, he really hit the shit out of that one, didnt he? Annie Savoy Crash Davis: Last chance. Shelton credits Hollywood studios at the time for being more freewheeling and less concerned about the overseas market, where baseball in particular doesn't sell. So I kept it at 37. Annie: Right. Youre pushing it! : You're gonna have to learn your clichs. Crash calls for a curveball, multiple times, and Nuke shakes him off each time. You lollygag your way down to first. Anyway, this was an incredibly difficult labor of love. Crash Davis Dont think. Annies narration airs over the video montage of a winning streak. : The world is made for people who arent cursed with self-awareness. Annie Savoy, 3. Its basically a venting session. Ill run ya. I actually saw him read a book without pictures once!Why its the best: Mostly, I wanted to mention Max Patkin at least once. : Hit 'em Where They Ain't. When asked what made him such a great hitter, Baseball Hall of Famer Wee Willie Keeler was quoted as saying that he kept his eye on the ball and "Hit 'em where they ain't.". She never allowed anyone to choose anything for her or order her around. Throw that shit again, Meat. Okay, let's get two! Quick bat., 13. Bus leaves six in the morning.Why its the best: Oh, man. Crash's Final Two Lessons For Nuke: Nuke located Crash playing pool in a black section of town with Sandy Grimes (Henry G. Sanders), a retired African-American ball-player in a local bar-hall. Only Crash Davis stands out this year, begging the question: What are these boys thinking about? "Limping jets of love"Hey, Crash. This is the damndest season Ive ever seen. Nuke: Yeah, you said Crash. She states that every season she gives herself to a new player, guiding him through each game in order to help the team. : Official Sites Ebby Calvin LaLoosh And thats OK. Just means Ill have to keep watching them for yearsto make up my mind. Charlie, here comes the deuce. Annie: You think Dwight Gooden leaves his socks on?Why its the best: Everybody wanted to pitch like Dwight Gooden in those days. Annie: I think it would be great. : No, don't think, Meat, just give him the gas. Crash Davis Give him your heat. How was Ebby Calvin LaLoosh? You lollygag your way down to first. These are the ground rules. 1. [to the batter] Crash, to himself: Son of a b throws hard. For one extraordinary June and July, the Durham Bulls began playing baseball with joy and verve and poetry. Annie Savoy, Larry Hockett: Another new league record. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The setup: Were starting this list with the end of the movie, the final line of Annies narration. I mean, who can forget Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, for Gods sake?, Crash Davis: When you get in a fight with a drunk, you dont hit them with your pitching hand. Larry You know you never handle your luggage in the show? The setup: LaLoosh challenges Crash to a fight he has no idea who Crash is at this point and they both step outside Mitchs Bar. And when you speak of me, speak well. Crash Davis, 28. 29. Lord Alfred Tennyson, Rudyard Kipling and Will Rogers endorsed the product. Crash I cant keep giving you these free lessons. Crash Davis It will repair our losses and be a blessing to us. You could look it up. Annie Savoy, 4. He could go all the way.