Ashley: I remember him being fun and friendly, talkative. Joel Wright [2008]: Now the clothing looks to be maybe someone who is a painter or some type of worker. Orlando Police Department via the Kesse family. Chief Orlando Rolon: I can understand why they're frustrated. Herboyfriend had also tried to contact Kessethat morning, as they often spoke at thattime, but was unable to get in contact with her. Drew Kesse: Yes. It's very difficult to review this case, as there, The FBi has been murdering people for years since their, Clearly its hard for some people to understand that although, What is taking so long? No one has seen or heard from her since. "I think right now we are in the best position in 17 years because the FDLE wants the case, they know what they are doing, it's a cold case division specifically looking at the case," he said. The surveillance footage does tell us that there was about 30 seconds of time when the person was inside the car. While the car was taken by a forensics team, there was little evidence to be found in her vehicle. Jennifer Kesse's father says nothing was found during a search of an Orange County lake. of negligence in the investigation. On Jan. 24,. But, still, no one knew where Jennifer was. Peter Van Sant: Do you know of anyone who might have been involved in Jennifer Kesse's disappearance? The next morning, though, Jennifer waivered from her routine. Dylan Eason and Isaiah Churchwell were convicted of murdering Cynthia William "Patrick" Alexander remains in prison for murder. But a woman -- who wants to be called Ashley had a different opinion of Chino. I'm not with you " and a little insecurity. They have a photo of the person parking her car, but his face is obscured by the fence. Michael Torretta: I think it's important because it paints a picture that I don't believe I would have gotten from the 16,000 documents. Joyce Kesse: We all along have felt that she was abducted in the morning. Roger Brennan [at the parking lot in 2008] Apparently this video, when it films, captures every two to three seconds as it's filming, so that's why you only see the subject on one side of the gate and then the opposite side of the gate and he's blocked by the posts on either side of the gate. Louis Bolden: If you had told me then, in 14 years we would still be looking for Jennifer Kesse, I would not have believed it. It's just difficult not having her, you know, she's like my other half so [wipe away tears] I just miss talking to her. She did look familiar. She had a great job. The rest of the home looked like a maid had been there . That's a really hard question to ask somebody that's sitting on the couch next to you. Michael Torretta is the Kesses' private investigator. There's nothing in there that indicates that there were problems at the Mosaic. The Kesses have dedicated their lives and weathered enormous financial hardship to finding the truth of what happened to their beautiful 24-year old daughter on that January morning in 2006. Peter Van Sant: What did you see the first time you walked in? It's been nearly 15 years since Jennifer Kesse was last seen. Returning on Sunday, she stayed the night at her boyfriends home and then drove straight to work on Monday morning, January 23, 2006. Drew Kesse: So, at this point in time, the only people that are truly investigating what happened to Jennifer is us and our team. As usual, when Jennifer left at around 6 p.m., she called her father while driving home. Joel Wright: I knew that Chino had been arrested for a sex crime. She had newly purchased a condominium with her own money no small feat for someone who was just 24. . But upon further investigation, police realized the cell tower data was misinterpreted, and she actually wasn't out that night. We know that it is the public that in most cases solves or helps Missing people be found. -The Search For Jennifer Kesse - It has been 10+ years since Jennifer's Abduction, we understand that many visitors to this website are looking for more information about . Joel Wright [2008]: It's difficult to tell. Drew added: We just werent willing to let Orlando deal with Jennifer anymore so we were able to have a meeting with the powers that be in the state, as well as law enforcement and the police department, and everyone thought it would be best if the Florida Department of Law Enforcement became involved. Then finding out that the lead detective on Jennifers case did not write a single report or any document since 2010, 12 years!! 1. From all appearances, Jennifer Kesse of Orlando, Florida was a happy, successful, well-adjusted 24-year-old woman with a bright future. Joel Wright: It told me that he passed the polygraph. But it did. No one has heard from her since. Tami: He was pleasuring himself in the corner of my patio. Then in 2010, Detective Wright was moved off the case. CHINO: Everything was normal. She was on a cloud. Kevin Harris was an aspiring hip-hop artist when he was gunned downoutside his recording studio in Los Angeles. Drew Kesse, who in the past has been vocal about what he feels are missteps by investigators, thanked the new team for their tireless efforts. The last information known about her whereabouts, wassheleftwork at Central Florida Investments Timeshare Company the night before she went missing, and had made several calls to family members that night. July 10, 2021 / 11:06 PM I stood in a courtroom alone while a judge declared her deceased. When they arrived at the condo in the early afternoon, a building manager opened Jennifer's locked apartment. Ashley: I sat on it for a little bit. Lauren McCarthy: For me, every milestone that I've had without her has been like a tug of war with my emotions. Drew Kesse: But police were very quick to shut us down on certain things. It looks like a man. When we asked about Jennifer Kesse, Chino quickly reiterated that he was innocent. Det. [Takes a deep breath with tears in her eyes]. Although he wasn't in charge during the initial investigation, he sympathizes with the Kesses. Jennifer Kesse Disappears. We have had things to do with the case needing to be worked on for about a year now, its just been about getting it to the right people who have the ability, knowledge, desire and experience to do it right. But that evening Jennifer spoke with Rob. The investigation into the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse more than 16 years ago has been given to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for a cold case review. There were a number of suspects on the detectives radar. He called Jennifer and asked if she would mail it to him. 2. Jennifer was last heard from alive after she spoke on the phone with her boyfriend, Rob Allen, on the evening of January 23, 2006. She spoke with her boyfriend, Rob Allen, on the phone around 10 pm that night. Lauren McCarthy | Jennifer's best friend: Can I just have a second? Joyce Kesse: Jenn shared every detail about the trip. Michael Torretta: I always told the Kesses what I like to do with this investigation is put a puzzle together -- one piece at a time. After all the interviews and reviewing the case file, Torretta says he now has a new theory as to what could have happened to Jennifer Kesse. (Featured Image Credit: CBS News / 48 Hours). Lauren McCarthy: She was the type of person who would call her mom or her dad or me when she was simply walking from Target in the parking lot and it was dark out. In 2009, Detective Wright interviewed him and asked him about working in Jennifer's condo: DETECTIVE WRIGHT [2009 audio tape]: when you did the work in her unit, uh was she present while you were doing it. It -- it wasn't a great feeling. Because there were posters There were billboards. Didn't appear that it was a car theft. Copyright 2023 ClickOrlando.com is managed by Graham Digital and published by Graham Media Group, a division of Graham Holdings. Related Jennifer spoke on the phone to her parents and boyfriend in her apartment before disappearing without a trace, never to be seen again. Sgt. Kesse went missing in 2006, and despite widespread media attention and extensive searches by police and the FBI, there has been no information regarding where she is or who might have been responsible. But she's a little bit of a bathroom pig in the morning. Drew Kesse: She just said, you know "there's a lot of workers here and they tend to like just stop when I'm walking by or going to my car. Her 2004 Chevy Malibu was found two days later about a mile away from her condo. At first, the Kesses say police infuriated them by not taking their daughter's disappearance seriously. Roger Brennan [2008]: There was some vacuuming samples taken from each section of the vehicle that were subsequently sent off to the lab for evaluation. A tip can be left anonymously. They said they recognized the clothing and persons gait. Jennifer Kesse was 24 at the time of her disappearance and by all accounts was a successful young woman. "We got a phone call," said Joyce, "'Was Jennifer OK?'". Kesse's family says they are now convinced the image of the black Chevrolet . Chino: I don't have to answer any questions, but that's for sure. Later that night when there was still no sign of her, police officially declared Jennifer missing. And they just look.". Colleen, who asked to only use her first name, moved into the complex two years before Jennifer disappeared believing it was a safe place to live. Jennifers parents called the police immediately, but because of her age, they initially held off on any investigation. Evidence photos obtained by Fox News suggest a. On Monday, January 23, on her way into work as a project manager for a time-share company, Jennifer called her mom. Jennifer received three promotions in But there were no big headlines and Torretta presses on. It's OK. Joyce Kesse: The workers made her feel uncomfortable. But she says he fled in a white van. Peter Van Sant [2008]: What does that image tell you of that individual in front of the gate? She was reported missing on January 24, 2006. We were hopeful that someone would recognize just the gait or just the general appearance or the stature or maybe the hairstyle or some aspect of this individual but that didn't happen. We've seen it time after time again with long term Missing persons cases. Jennifer spoke on the phone to her parents and boyfriend in her Orlando apartment before disappearing without a trace, never to be seen again. Roger Brennan [2008]: We didn't come up with any solid leads of anybody who saw Jennifer, saw anybody park her vehicle here. When she didnt show up for work on January 24, 2006, without calling in to explain - despite having an important meeting -fellow employees contacted her parents to express their concern. And how fast can we find that person?". Kesse was enjoying her job and had recently been on holiday with her boyfriend, seemingly having no personal problems that would force her into disappearing. Michael Torretta: She's locking the door and never sees it comin'. The two most promising relatively-speaking . This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. For the Kesse family, Jennifer has not aged in their eyes since the day that she vanished. About three years after the abduction, a former housekeeper at Jennifers condo complex said they recognized the individual in the surveillance footage as a man called Chino. I would say 75 percent of the time somebody was there . We need to see what's inside that carpet. She was very aware of her surroundings. Rob ringed her up himself, reasoning that shed been preoccupied with a meeting that she had previously mentioned, but his call went straight to voicemail. And that's not all he learned. Det. But she says no one ever followed up with her. There were hundreds of people that came out. Det. You know aliens didn't abduct her. And by 11 a.m., when Jennifer didnt show up for work, even her employers got worried, calling her parents to inform them about the situation. The 24-year-old has been missing for 15 years after vanishing one morning while heading out to work. What was concerning about this was the area it was located is not an area frequented by Jennifer. Drew thinks it will be a "miracle" if his beloved daughter is found alive - yet with the help of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and his own team of private investigators, he remains hopeful. Is anyone feeling that the mom has strong narcissistic vibes, I worked on both cases. In the hours that followed, they all came to Jennifers condo and noticed that although her car was missing, nothing else was out of the ordinary. Peter Van Sant: So, these are just some of your daughter's case files? Jennifers boyfriend, Rob Allen, had a solid alibi. Come home soon, the post said. Her parents also continue to pursue leads, hoping to one day either find her or her remains. From surveillance cameras, the authorities were able to see that someone, who was not Jennifer, had calmly driven her car and left it exactly where it was found at around noon on January 24. So, I'm heading now to his last known address where I'm hoping we can find him. it was like she walked in the night before and just dropped her suitcase right where it was. On Thursday Morning the 26th, police found Jennifer's car abandoned in an apartment complex not far from where she lived. Michael Torretta: What I'm thinking is Jennifer comes out. DETECTIVE WRIGHT: is there any reason why somebody would would say that was you? Photo: Wikimedia Commons. Sgt. Drew Kesse [2008]: A wrong has been done and a person has been taken against her will and that's my daughter and she needs to come home to her family. I had never heard of that happening. Drew Kesse: Joyce used to complain to me, she's like, "call them. [TRENDING: Roller coaster ride of temperatures in Central Florida with new front | Attorney general reviewing complaints against Volusia hot tub company | Ask Trooper Steve: Why does Florida not have a front, rear license plate? I had never seen anything of this magnitude. Please enter valid email address to continue. Joel Wright [2008] We know there was quite a bit of a renovation going on inside her complex. Sgt. Her car was found a few days later nearby but despite reward offers topping $100,000, Kesse has never been found. Peter Van Sant [2008]: Did you sense somebody knew something? But, when police tried to identify the phantom figure, they hit a roadblock. And since then, it has managed to become televisions most popular true-crime series, investigating shocking cases and compelling real-life tales with authenticity and cutting-edge interviews to give us a complete look at a case. A couple said they saw it swerving out of her apartment complex at around 7:40 a.m. Det. Her parents have never stopped distributing thousands of flyers and begging anyone with information to come forward. Her friends and family initiated a search, and the police declared her officially missing that evening. Peter Van Sant: How often would you socialize with him? In all, the Orlando Police Department handed over more than 16,000 pages of documents and 67 hours of video and audio to the Kesses. Kesse's family said. The tip came from people who lived across the street from Jennifer's condo complex, they reported to him that they believe they saw Jennifer's car on Tuesday morning driving erratically out of the . Even though her home was in a rough part of the city, it was in the process of being revamped, which meant that a lot of workers were always around. Jennifer Kesse was last seen in Orlando on Jan. 24, 2006. Joel Wright: Some of the people who were working on the property left. First published on October 24, 2020 / 11:01 PM. And despite telling Detective Wright years ago he knew nothing about Jennifer's disappearance, the Kesses wondered if Chino was being truthful. But when they did, no leads were discovered. Michael Torretta: I want to do my best and bring Jennifer Kesse home to them one day. Peter Van Sant [2008] What do we know was going on around Jennifer's condominium at that time? One of the people he interviewed on audiotape was a former housekeeper at Jennifer's complex. In 2018, Orlando Rolon became the Orlando police chief. They can then be seen walking away from the car; however, frustratingly, their face was obscured by a fence. Background: Jennifer Joyce Kesse was a finance graduate. She had shoulder-length sandy blonde hair and green eyes. Logan Kesse [2008]: [emotional] It's your sister, it's your family, it's your blood. Detective Joel Wright was one of the original investigators. But she says once workers started living in empty apartments around the complex, she felt uneasy. Born on May 20, 1981, to Drew and Joyce Kesse, Jennifer Kesse was a graduate of the University of Central Florida in Orlando, from where she obtained a finance degree in 2003. If you have any information about Jennifer Kesse's disappearance, please visit the "Find Jennifer Kesse" Facebook page. >>> STREAM CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS LIVE <<<, Read: 9 things to know about the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. On Sunday, January 22, 2006, Jennifer returned from a vacation to St. Croix with her boyfriend Rob Allen. Jennifer is a strong, fun loving, career minded and responsible young lady if she was running late to work she would have called which is why we all became concerned immediately. In January of 2006 she had just purchased a condo in Orlando, . Joel Wright [2008]: We've done quite a bit of measuring and work with the camera angles. So, of course, every one of its episodes goes above and beyond to provide us with every bit of factual information surrounding a case to help us form our own opinions, and its episode entitled Where Is Jennifer Kesse? is no different. Now, nearly 15 years later, evidence photos obtained by Fox News suggest a violent . Her family has been tirelessly searching for the Tampa Bay-area native for the last 17 years and said new help from state law enforcement is her "best opportunity. Her face was everywhere. The surveillance video took a photo every 3 seconds and each time, the person's face was obstructed by a fence post. Who knows what would've happened if this heinous crime hadn't been committed? Jennifer attended the University of Central Florida in Orlando, was in the Alpha Delta Pi sorority. They had no better luck with the forensics inside Jennifer's car. "It is Jennifer's best opportunity to be found . She had just returned from a 5-day trip to St. Croix with her long-distance boyfriend of one year. Lauren McCarthy: The searches were massive. He was familiar with the case. They want the police department's files?" Orlando Police release age progression photo of #JenniferKesse in hopes of getting new leads http . Jennifer is definitely the most loyal person I've ever been friends with or probably ever known.