Thus, it has included models such as Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Mustang, Toronado, Starcaster, Super-Sonic, Telecaster Thinline, and even exclusive and Signature models such as J Mascis, John 5 and others. FENDER STRATOCASTER MADE IN MEXICO Rp7.500.000 Jakarta Timur Bang Frans gitar guitar fender stratocaster Mexico lefty left hand kidal hendrix Rp2.750.000 Cashback Bandung Urban outfitters FENDER STRATOCASTER SECOND ORIGINAL MEXICO Rp9.000.000 Kab. Anyone knows if these are decent for $150. The four main Stratocaster models available from Squier range in price from around $180 to $500. Excellent neck, once reamed for 10mm tuners. Answer: It's fairly common practice to hide the serials, I think in case anyone wants to take one and reuse it on a Partscaster or something similar. Alternatively, you can use this info to help you locate one that will get you a decent Fender Strat for less than you would normally expect to pay. Neck Material: Maple. Normally, the differences between the standard Fender brands and the Squier brands of guitar are clear and plain, but in the '90s, a number of guitars were released by Fender that blurred this distinction. 7.25. Cleaned thoroughly every week It's often mentioned that owners tool to removing the offending "Squier Series" logo from the ball of the headstock, by sanding it off. 7 years ago. Firstly I think for those who are new to Fender and Squier guitars, it's worth giving a quick overview of the differences between the two brands. View community ranking In the Top 1% of largest communities on Reddit. I know that the electronics/pickups are ok, but the body is alot heavier than squire strats I have played at guitar center. I'm wondering if this would possibly be USA or Japan neck? Feels as good and better as any stray I've owned or played. So he asked if I wanted it and I said yeah. Buuuut, sometimes that loyalty can be blinding. Body is 3-piece with veneer top and bottom. Instruments designed by Leo Fender are intended to be cheap and easy to build, replace, and maintain. My opinion. The different models are available in a variety of finishes and colors. It looks like a chisel was used on yours to remove a high spot removing part of the check mark, I bought a squier body with the exact same stamp. At first glance, there wouldnt be much to discuss. Made in India Squier IIs seem to follow the made in USA serial numbering scheme. The goal of this comparison between Fender and Squier Strat guitars is a general exploration of the main differences for those who are considering buying one or the other. The Fender "Squier Series" of Stratocasters will not be familiar to many guitar fans, but in this piece, we'll take a look at this unique series and what marks them out from the usual budget range of Squier guitars. Nov 13, 2009 #14 C. Carl Dummann TDPRI Member. I studied guitar construction for three years. The necks are super nice, have excellent fretwork and rolled edges. Mine has very small frets. I wonder if they were made for different export markets as is sometimes the case. A cheaper alternative to the MIA Fender Strat is the MIM (made in Mexico) Strat, with the Mexican Standard going for around $600 new, compared to over $1000 for the American Standard. Harvested From a 2009 Fender Starcaster Stratocaster. only the mexican tremolo fits. It was a 1996 Fender Squier series. He was the companies equipment engineering manager for production. -the tuning machine holes weren't drilled to 25/64", -the bridge mounting isn't drilled for 2-point tremolo. Both tonewoods behave similarly to mahogany according to general opinion, that is, they are woods with their predominant tonal frequencies in the mids. If they were ready to go American components how come -there isn't a walnut plug for the truss rod? Squier has done the same with its finishes. Apparently it was a 1994. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. reply #5. The blue date stamp is unreadable. This guitar has stamped cover tuning keys, and a standard Stratocaster bridge with tremolo. I realize there are diffrrences across the product line. Even the same happens between Pau Ferro and Rosewood, the differences are difficult to hear, although there is a consensus that Pao Ferro has a little more attack and brightness than rosewood, which is more medium and warm. In fact, nato is sometimes referred to as oriental mahogany. A wood widely used in Japan for quality musical instruments. I own a beautiful 1993 Fender Squire Stratocaster, blonde body, beautiful maple neck, serial number starts with "VN" no one has talked about these particular Strats as yet with the VN as the first two letters in the serial number followed by numbers, I bought myFender, Squire Series black label Strat in a pawn shop for $80.00 in the late ninties. I ended up reshaping the heel to fit a strat pocket and bolting it to an MIJ strat body. 15.02.2023. Given I paid $205 including a tweed hard case it's pretty hard to say I got "ripped off" but I was clueless about these at the time. The Squire and Taylor play and sound better than any I have played. I think the TS guitars were made until '98 or '99. This is probably where you will find the biggest difference between the different brands. As good as Squier guitars can be, most musicians will use them until they are able to afford a proper Fender. I snatched this baby up for 30 bucks. It was my first guitar, and I will never get rid of it. The Squier Classic Vibe, in particular, is a great guitar that is very close to the real Fender. There is also CV with other body tonewoods -the last ones released-, as happens with the Deluxe and Vintage Modified lines, which although a notch below the CV, are guitars of an excellent quality. I went with the Squier love this guitar it has a real personality all it's own with a specific tone that is harmonic. However, if it was on a true par, then the guitar could not have been sold as a budget model. The period at Fender was marked by a number of changes in production, with new Asian factories coming online, and one of their production being hampered by a fire at their Mexican factory. Ive been unable to find much info on this..no obvious sanding off of logos etc..it came with 500k pots for volume and tone. The new Squier Stratocaster Classic Vibe 70s come with bodies constructed from poplar. You facts are just inaccurate Russell. oops, I meant to say that when I first saw it online I thought it was a 1999 fender classic series body not a AVRI, I bought mine as a loaded mexican body with 57/62 usa custom shop pups & usa vintage harness & pots. I also accidentally bought one of these on ebay in 2002 thinking it was a regular MIM strat. oops i forgot to take of the rear cover before i measured the body thickness, its actually 2 26/32". Both are very resistant lacquers and are characterized by being relatively cheap and easy to work with. They're great. I just love it. I got this guitar in '97 for $100. Get your info straightened out. it stated on it backheadstock crafted in ibdonesia with serial number. I kinda panicked thinking I overpayed for a guitar I played for 10 mintues and fell in love with. The Squier uses alternative woods, except for the necks, which are also maple. mine has 2 sets of tooling holes. There is the standard S-S-S version -three singlecoils-, and there are H-H -Humbuckers-, H-S-S and Plustop versions with flamed maple top that come with S-S-S and H-S-S. Its not news that both Fender and Squier use maple for their necks. New Chinese guitars, the Classic Vibe model with an alder body and alnico pickups, have little to envy the Fender Mexico of the Player Series, at the same time that they cost 40% less. Also, I am an equipment enthusiast with a collection of guitars that cover practically all styles. The Fender Mexico, on the other hand, have many components that are the same as those used in the economic ranges of the United States. STRATOCASTER MADE IN MEXICO AND USA/MEX HYBRID STRATS Full Mexico and Hybrid USA/Mexico Stratocaster chronology from 1991 to today. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. Currency: Squier is an American brand of electric guitars owned by Fender. But which one to choose, Fender or Squier? So since I know what I purchased are US parts, it will be upgraded and built up as a David Gilmour "Black Strat" clone. Fender American Performer Stratocaster If you've been around a little while, you might remember the Fender Highway One Stratocasters. I've had 4 of these over the years. Since there are differences in size and measurements -imperial vs metric-. Poplar is used in layers, along with maple, for hollow bodies too. Those ceramic magnets and slightly higher output make a typical wimpy strat bridge pickup hold its own! my korean fender stratocaster squier series has different details than yours, one being fender is in black and silver, no squier stamp in the neck sock, and has a three ply pick-guard. Great article. However there is a price tag attached to anything built to a standard and high quality. Anyway my question is the stock pickups..anyone have any idea what they are.I switched mine out for noiseless, but never really knew what they were..they didnt sound half bad as I recall. See other items 1997 Squier stratocaster made in mexico 1 watched in the last 24 hours Condition: Used Price: US $359.00 $32.40 for 12 months with PayPal Credit* Buy It Now Add to cart Best Offer: Make offer "Hey Bob, our factory burned down. Clean Soldering but cheap wire. If you have one of these "Squier Series" Fenders, you do own a proper Fender, and not a lesser Squier. I recently purchased a Squirt that was made in the Cail.plant when the Mex.plant was burned to the ground,all the numbers match,it is a E 9 series which means it was made in USA in 1989 and there were only a couple of thousand made in USA between that few months until they rebuilt the Mexica plant,from early 89 to to 90 and that model was a N90 made in USA,Mine was a closet find with all the case goodies a set of strings from 89 a leather strap that still looks brand new and the original Fender made in USA CASE also,it's like I opened a time capsule,Toronto red with a maple neck and maple fretboard,whom ever bought it threw in a couple of the humidity bags and keep this ax like it's brad new,heck it sounds as good if not better than a new custo elite. 2023 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. There are some light pick-swirl marks on the pickguard and a tiny neck pocket finish crack (c. 2mm length) on the bass side. Cheap tapered zinc block. I have a 1992-93 MIJ with gold spaghetti Fender logo and Squier Series on the ball of the headstock. I purchased my Fender Squire in 1989 . It should be noted that in the low series, the quality of the Squier tuners and the bridges are a common complaint, but it does not apply to the Classic Vibe line. comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Regarding this, the Mexico has a two-pivot Fender Stratocaster Standard bridge, while the Squier brings the vintage-type tremolo of six pivots. S/n ICS10018859. I did change the pick ups and bridge, drilled the strings through the body. Last Updated on September 2, 2022 by Play Guitar Notes. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. Possibly USA too I seem to remember. Actually, about to trade it so it can get some use and I can get some gear I have been eyeing. I recently had Seymour Duncan pickups installed and im very very happy with my squire. Probably the most commonly used tonewood, especially for Squiers tall lines, is Basswood. Not all had Squier bodies some had locally made Standard series bodies. All previous models were made in Japan, Korea, Mexico, and a rare US model. Whilst there can be no mistaking the Fender and Squier brands, around 1993 a new kind of Fender came out that would blur the boundary between the two brands, causing confusion and skulduggery for years to come. These woods are much cheaper and of lower quality, and used in low-end guitars. What is the difference between the black labeled Squire Series strats that were made in Mexico and the silver labeled Squire Series strats made in Korea? Thick Rosewood (Darker Color & Well Cared For). However, a Fender Stratocaster Player Series from Mexico is always going to be a Fender. I have the same strat as Devlin: MiM Squier series, HSS configuration, 3 ply pickguard, 1 tone, 1 volume, Floyd rose II and silver logo with black outline from '95. So rather than be a fool who is concerned with " the label. " as well as improve your user experience on our pages and show you personalised ads (learn more). Then Tokai Gakki (infamous for the "lawsuit" Fender and Gibson knock-off of the 70's) and Dyna Gakki took over from 1996 - 2010. I've also, just this week, found a "Squier Series" Strat made in Japan on Guitar Center's used web site, KISS PROGRAM. Someone gave it to my dad and he was going to try to sell it. I didn't see the squier stamp until I received it in the mail. If you want a proper Fender but can't afford it, but don't want own a guitar displaying the Squier logo, then buying a "Squier Series" could be the way to go. Keep it simple stupid. The finishes are neater and finer, they have better components, the pickups are of good quality most are of Alnico. The serial # begins "CN" and the numbers after that identify the guitar as a 1993 model. (4 all together) Like american tooling holes from that period, but not the the flat bottom hole found on mex guitars & squires. Any guitar has a cost to maintain, and cheaper guitars usually require higher expenses. . Telecaster Mexican made Telecasters are available in a wide array of options, from the base Player Series models through to special edition Artist models. It is louder unplugged, rings better, and sustains as well as any of the 30 or so Strats I've been through in the last 30 years, regardless of where they were made. So while, in general terms, Squier uses lower quality metals for most of its components, but in the case of the Classic Vibe they do their job well. Fender Stratocaster Squier Series 1993 Made in Mexico playthrough Compared to my American Deluxe, it blows it out of the water. I'm also have one of these fender. This instrument does not come with a bag or case. It just says Squier by Fender and stratocaster written out in smaller print..ill post a pic if i can. The prices were generally mid-way between the standard Squier Stratocasters and the standard Fender Stratocasters. I think these guitars only came it black, white, or redor at least that's all I remember at my guitar shop. These "Jap Squiers" are far superior to the Made in Mexico Squiers! Other Fender guitars of the time featured the gold and black logo. There are small blemishes on the guitar, but nothing major. In addition, I owned more than a hundred guitars. We are using Google Analytics in order to better understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it. Didnt care much fof the bridge and tuners though. The Fender American Performer Stratocaster is an American-made guitar with more affordable components. In line with what was discussed above, Fender has higher quality parts throughout. 2001 Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar 6 String Made in Mexico Fender Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster Electric Guitar RED TORTOISE! Not the black label "Squier Series" ones. (2)USA Fender String Trees. Is that why you obscured your serial number? Clearly this is a Squier. not just looks. So a considerable difference in price, again due to cheaper labour and manufacturing outside of the States. India Squiers Some Squier IIs were made in India around 1989-1990. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Even between the high-end and low-end Fenders, their qualities change a lot. I guarantee you one thing, if you have a really good guitar player, he can make most anything sound good. They have cheap tuners, low end electronics, cast saddles and small cast trem block, and single ply pick guards. This seller has not set a shipping cost for United Kingdom. Claim - Squier Series MIM strats are really American Bodies and Necks with cheaper electronics. Hand Orientation: Right. If you have a very limited budget, you can go for a Squier Stratocaster CV, both new or in the used market. Among these models are the Classic Vibe, which are the top of the range, which has included models with Alder, thus offering the same tonewoods as Fender: alder and ash. Also, it has more quality and sophisticated models such as the Squier Classic Vibe -which includes Stratocaster, Telecaster and more-, which even have characteristics very similar to the Fender guitars. Quality is not bad, and body is still heavy (still alder maybe) not basswood, neck is nicely thinner than original US strat (my opinion)..the minus thing just the electronics wiring sucks, standard pups and maybe fretwire need replacements..I just changed mine with dunlop jumbo..:)..For me this is still fender, not squiers..