This statistic displays the number of accompanied suicides to . The Dignitas clinic is in Forch, near Zurich, Switzerland, and therefore operates under Swiss law, which, since 1941, has permitted assisted suicide provided it is done for altruistic reasons. . This page contains all the available opportunities for Dignitas: Social Media Sr. Manager/Director (Los Angeles, CA) [Job Description] The association provides assistance in suicide . They do this without the patients request. Mailing address: Postfach 9 - CH 8127 Forch, Switzerland. Dignitas 1000 In reply to serenity, i do not think assisted suicide is right. Number of accompanied suicides to Dignitas in Switzerland 1998-2021. Last year, a total of 201 people . Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. Due to this over 100 British terminally ill patients have ended their lives at the Dignitas Clinic in Switzerland. Brittany Maynard, the young woman with brain cancer in Oregon, can choose the day of her death because she has qualified under Oregon Death With Dignity Act 1998 and now possesses a physician-prescribed lethal dose, which she can take ingest whenever she chooses. I just find it hard to believe there is a meaning to life when all it means is endless unendurable suffering. The cost of an assisted death in Switzerland is, for many, prohibitively expensive. I am a christian and believe in the bible and everything (alright not everything) God preaches but I also believe in the separation of church and state and that is what takes precedence in these kinds of matters. The allegation that the number of people going Switzerland has doubled, bases on a selected analysis. The potential for abuse and murder in your scheme is not tolerable. In 2016, there were 7,764 people from 98 countries who became members of "Dignitas, To live with dignity - To die with dignity," up from 6,595 five years ago. And now we have people looking to end their lives in Switzerland and they are sent back and forced to live on.