How far off the lands are you guys running on the 215's Just bought a Christensen arms 300 win mag and to the lands the is 3.940" , the box is not that big by a long shot. That is the "trick" though. What I shared is based on what others have said from their experience and my experience staying away from that type of bullet. Thanks, Not if you want to actually shoot the gun, lol. I'm running 74.0 I 7828 in a browning 300 win with a 220 sierra and I'm squeaking out 2800fps with fed brass and 2750fps with win brass. I never got eye ball popping velocity with the 4831SC, but it was very consistent. It represents a BC improvement over the 200-20X at speeds that are achievable from a 308 in a 30" barrel. Not elk, but 185 gr hybrid hunters out of a 300 win performed as well on a large Addax at 445 yards and Red stag at 250 yards in West Texas this year. Designed exclusively for defense. When long-range accuracy is key, use Sig Elite Match Grade OTM ammunition to ensure the best shot possible. That hybrid bullet is long in the nose. These rounds cycle well and are very accurate in my AXMC with a factory AI barrel. Berger is not loading them longer than 3.340" now. Its kind of like RL15 with 140s in the 6.5 creedmoor, it works fine, but you can get more velocity with something little slower. My gun has a 26" 10-twist barrel, and all info that I post will pertain to it. The most sought-after bullets among competitors on the Precision Rifle Series are now loaded into the industry's most trusted factory rifle Federal Premium - Berger Hybrid Hunter 243 Win 95 Grain - 20 Rds I have a 26" 1:11 twist Benchmark - do you think the 215s will stabilize? Christensen Arms Ridgeline 300 win mag 215 gr Berger Hybrid 79.8 gr N570 .001" neck tension .025" OL, 3.656" COAL 3083 fps ave MV Gunwerks brass GM215M primer 4.1 ES 8 SD FJB Aug 30, 2020 #3 Yoteklr Active member Joined Apr 27, 2017 Messages 409 Reaction score 222 Points 43 Location Indiana Thank you Sir. I'm currently running Winchester brass with the 210's, H4831SC and Federal 210 match primers at 2920fps. Perfectly broadside, put it right in the pocket so nothing but ribs to go through. NOTE!! yes but an entirely new QUESTION WAS ASKED TODAY.. #5. I get 225's to 3000 fps with rl50 without breaking a sweat in the ultra. Using our new MRT . My current load is Norma brass, 76 grains of H1000, federal 215M primers and 215 hybrids. I've used both the 215s and 230s in my MRAD. If we had to pick one charge weight that was the sweet spot in many rifles, it would be 75.5 gr of H-1000. IF WE LIE TO THE GOVERNMENT IT'S A FELONYWHEN THEY LIE TO US IT'S POLITICS, You will never go wrong with a 215 in a 300 win mag. So long that they don't fit in the magazines I use in my MPA 300-WMBA rifle. UPC #: 679459701006. Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. Avoid the shoulder and your good to go. How we load our custom match grade ammo with the powder charge accurate to within .02 grains. . Hodgdon temperature extreme powder, Federal 215M (match magnum) primer, Norma brass. You are using an out of date browser. Berger Match Grade Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 215 Grain Hybrid Target Box of 20. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This shot was ~150yds the other was at ~325yds (185gr 30 cal / 168gr 7mm). Very sound advice in this thread. I don't have any H1000 but do have a good supply of H4831SC and R26. Federal loads Hybrid Hunter bullets in nine cartridges, from .243 Win. Product #: 794892. Berger N570" (link to follow) but it can also be used as a comparison between the two. I have filled several nice tags with other Berger bullets and will continue to do so. JavaScript is disabled. 22A45480-3793-4227-B7FF-9C74E2B0C9C3.jpeg. Required fields are marked *. and thought I'd share my findings with you folks. I personally avoid frangible bullets. I'm not saying that your advice to use a more traditional bullet at the ranges the op stated may typically give him more favorable results. Berger Bullets 70100 Classic Hybrid Hunter 300 Win Mag 215 gr Hybrid Open Tip Match Tactical - 20rd Box. I don't have access to ELR, but I shoot 210SMKs, 215 Berger Hybrids and 230 Berger OTMs (the 230 hybrids were to long to mag load in an a191 chamber). It may not display this or other websites correctly. We were able to safely test higher and reached over 2900fps, but his barrel just could not burn the extra powder and produced pretty wild ES. You have never personally shot an animal with a frangible bullet and seen failure first hand? Was concerned about that, however interestingly that was not what I saw. WSL. Email: sales@opticsplanet.com, 9AM-7PM CT Mon-Fri My rifle loves them, I will take them off your hands if you don't want them. I think ut was about 2750 with the 210 VLD, and 3000 with the 200ELD. Wash hands thoroughly after exposure. We discovered his rifle has a stock/barrel clearance issue so he is having the barrel channel opened and a professional bedding job done on it. Probably won't shoot beyond 350 yrds. I used 4831SC for a long time. Just ordered some 200s and 220s for my DT SRS, so Im curious as well. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Good info. I have half a box of so of 230s to try out, but I have never got around to it. Berger Hybrid Rifle Ammo - 20 Rounds Most popular bullets at Precision Rifle Series events Extremely high ballistic coefficient Less wind drift and drop World-class long-range accuracy Gold Medal match primer Loaded to Federal Premium's tightest specifications Package Contents: Theme designed by Papathemes. But Berger's Hybrid has made that compromise moot. Carries like a 380 Auto. You must log in or register to reply here. .300 Winchester Magnum - Published Manufacturer Loading Data Shellholders: Hornady #5 Lee #5 Lyman #13 RCBS #4 Recipe Type: Rifle Reduced Load Bullet Weight: ALL 100 gr 110 gr 123 gr 125 gr 130 gr 150 gr 155 gr 165 gr 167 gr 168 gr 170 gr 175 gr 178 gr 180 gr 185 gr 190 gr 200 gr 205 gr 208 gr 210 gr 212 gr 215 gr 220 gr 225 gr 230 gr 240 gr I had pretty good luck with the 210VLD and 4831SC too. No mater the caliber, they have been good to me. It may not display this or other websites correctly. This round will fit in the Accuracy International ( AI ) detachable box mags. Shot 2 deer that I lost due to no blood. Ok thanks. Buy Berger 215 Hybrid - 1 box of 250 count - 30 cal: GunBroker is the largest seller of Reloading Supplies Ammunition Reloading All: 973526498 . A friend and I are also in the middle of load development for his factory Rem 700 300Win with a 26" barrel using the 215's. Well, you can most likely do an internet search on that combo and find what you are looking for. It was developed back before we knew what supersonic aerodynamics look like. With my magazine restriction and chamber, the 215 Hybrid was jumping pretty far to the lands. 20 Rounds per box Following.. the 223 elk, bear thread really opened my eyes and converted me to shooting animals with a 223 and tipped matchkings. This is intended to be a companion to the thread "300 PRC 215 gr. I'm starting this thread for those that are interested in the 300 win mag loaded with the 215 gr Berger Hybrid with Vihtavuori N570. Im not dead set on the 215/230 because if they dont work in my barrel, I will have to look at other options. This is the same ammo that we use shooting out past 1 mile. If the Berger 215 factory load doesn't pan out, PM me and i will take it off your hands. Absolute deadly combination. It was apparently a bit too fast of a burn for the heaviesbut as I said, thats what I read and not personal experience. We are running H1000 and found 75.5 was our max running 2800fps. Both were classic hunters. Price per 50 rounds. Out of stock View Details . It hits HARD and they were all drt. Buy Gold Medal Berger for USD 82.99 | Federal Ammunition Rifle Gold Medal Gold Medal Berger Gold Medal Berger 300 Win Magnum Part # GM300WMBH1 Grain Weight: 215 Muzzle Velocity: 2850 Write A Review $82.99 Available Add to Cart WARNING for California Residents Restrictions Product Overview Sign up and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events, pre-order sales & more! I haven't gotten to start reloading for my .300 WM. You are using an out of date browser. I load the 215-Hybrids in my 300WM at 3.60", and they are awesome! 243 Winchester Discharging firearms in poorly ventilated areas, cleaning firearms, or handling ammunition may result in exposure to lead and other substances known to the State of California to cause birth defects, reproductive harm, and other serious physical injury. Performance based on a 26 barrel and sea level conditions. I run Berger 210 VLD's at 3.565 and they are an absolute hammer. Thank you for that info. You must log in or register to reply here. If they don't, I'll go for 200-210 gr bullets and run them as hot as I can, once my barrel is shot i'll get a custom barrel with a 1:8 or 1:9 twist for the 230 gr Berger Hybrid Target. 150 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Just purchased a Rem 700 Sendero SFII, 300 WinMag with a 26" tube and a 1:10 twist. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Manufacturer #: 70100. Today I shot a pretty flatline from 75.2 gr to 76.4 gr averaging 3006 fps with 9 ES and 4.3 SD. Hi all - copying a post I started in another thread regarding RPR 300WM Loads - 225gr ELD Match. Found 5 boxes of Berger 300-WM 215gr Hybrid OTM (Part #65-70100), and bought them to try out. With that setup I'd better stick with the 210s which has been my go to for years. You are using an out of date browser. The 215's are currently loaded by Berger into the 300 Norma Magnum for both commercial sales and for US Elite forces utilizing the new Advanced Sniper Rifle (ASR). Bauer Precision. I shoot 76.5 Retumbo at 3.618 coal ( AI MAG ). That being said, my win mag, "Checkmate," uses 73 grains of H1000, RWS brass and fed 215 match primers with the 215 berger. Get a Federal Rail Cover Set for $.01 with ammo purchase. !. 100 yard zero. 2 elk taken this year with 180 berger hybrids out of my 7 saum. No experience with the hybrid hunters but have witnessed many times the effectiveness of the 215 Hybrid Target on elk. I chose to test the 215's last fall in my 300 win and I doubt I will change that for a while. eldx, Accubond, ABLR, elite hunter, EOL, PRC, EH, LRHT, 200, 205, 210, 212, 230, 245. <p>The Classic Hunter features an innovative hybrid design that provides hunters with the high ballistic performance of their factory rifles. Height of bullet trajectory in inches above or below line of sight if zeroed at 100 yards. Federal Premium - 300 Win Mag 215 gr Berger Hybrid OTM - 20 Rds. At .020" jump the cartridges will fit nicely in the magazine with no clearance issues. Get a Federal Target Pack for $1 with ammo purchase. Oal 3.011 to ogive. Once charge weight is found start backing off the seating depth .010" at a time away from the lands until you find the sweet spot. 300PRC $2000. Let us help! Wash hands thoroughly after exposure. Because they put a disclaimer with it saying its longer than saami. I was shooting at 2700 with the 208 a max. I tossed one pc of brass from the 2,950 fps shot cause the head grew after sizing and would not chamber. Rem 700 mag box will allow 3.650" OAL. document.getElementById("copyright_year").innerHTML = new Date().getFullYear(); Denton, TX 76207, Federal Premium - 300 Win Mag 215 gr Berger Hybrid OTM - 20 Rds, Comparing Five Silencers on Bolt Action Rifles, Federal 6.5 Creedmoor Gold Medal Berger 130gr Hybrid OTM, Federal Premium - Berger Hybrid Hunter 243 Win 95 Grain - 20 Rds, Federal Premium - 308 WIN 150 Grain Ballistic Tip - 20 Rds, Federal Premium 308win 168gr Berger Hybrid Hunter - 20rd Box, Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 300 Win 185 Grain 20 Round Box, Hornady Precision Hunter - 300 Win 200 Grain ELD-X - 20 Rds, NOSLER - 300 Win Mag 180 Grain AccuBond - 20 Rds, Barnes VOR-TX - .300 WIN 180 Grain Tipped Triple Shock X - 20 Rds, Hornady Match - 300 Win 178gr ELD-M - 20 Rds, Federal Fusion 300 win mag 180gr BTSP - 20rd Box, Sig Sauer Elite Tipped Hunting - 300 Win Mag 180 Grain - 20 Rds, Winchester Deer Season 300win 150gr Copper EP - 20rd Box. We took two bulls on this trip with Bergers. The chest cavity had that "washing machine" slosh as we were breaking him down so I assume internal damage was significant. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I happen to know where a good supply is and was wanting to know how it performed. 215 Hybrid runs 2850 fps in 26 barrel. I've been using H1000 at 76.5 grains and get speeds of 3000fps out of a 26 inch barrel. Favorite Hunting clothing brand advice! This 300 Win Mag cartridge's 215 grain bullet boasts all of the tangent and secant benefits without the setbacks. That is usually between touching and off the lands -.040". If you don't want to shoot it, maybe we can make a deal. 20 Rounds per box 308 Winchester The Berger I have are almost 3.7 and shoot great out of my Rem 783 with a Criterion barrel. DISCONTINUED - 300 Winchester Magnum 215gr Hybrid Target Rifle Ammunition This product was discontinued in 2020. I have had good luck with 76-77gr h1000 pushing both these bullets at 2850fps out of 10 twist 22 inch ar rifles. With respect, to clarify, I stated "may not be the proper result" and "IMO". I have a 300 Win Mag and am looking for a good bullet (180-200 gr) to go elk hunting. I scored 3 lbs on N570 today and shoot 215 Bergers. I have tried 200s, 208s, 212s, 225s, 230s, I always come back to the 215. JavaScript is disabled. Ballistic coefficients exceed those of comparable designs thanks to a hybrid nose design that combines tangent and secant ogive features. Berger Bullets (1) Federal (2) Caliber/Gauge.300 Win (1).308 Win (1) 6.5 Creedmoor (1) Ammo Weight. You are using an out of date browser. Re: Berger 300 winmag 215/230 Target load data. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I have the same rifle and use 230 0TM Hybrids, for hunting and target work. contiguous 48 states, DC, and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Berger Hybrid Hunter 300 Win Magnum. What is a good starting point and sweet spot for the N570? Get a 300 ultra if you want over 2800 fps out of a 300 win with a 220 in a 26" barrel. We do not charge credit cards until orders are ready to ship. What kind of velocity you seeing from the N570? On close shots there wasn't anything left of the bullet. , If you're in the market for a silencer, you'll want to check out this YouTube video that compares fi Hunters demand accuracy and versatility a. Berger bullets feature an advanced boat-tail bullet with a high ballistic coefficient to provide the flattest trajectories, less wind drift and surgical long-range accuracy. !- This bullet is seated to about ~3.560+ long (COAL). Have adequate ventilation at all times. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Theres a load in there Im sure of it. It may not display this or other websites correctly. They fill the mag up, but function, feed and shoot awesome. It's excellent ?. I really like the 215 hybrids. I use the Berger bullets because they shoot the best in my 7- and they are effective, I took a bull at 515 yards through the front shoulder with a 180 gr Hybrid and recovered the slug which was approximately 60%, when I caped him. Hits like a 9mm Luger. This round will NOT fit in your Browning A-bolt and some hunting type rifles with the short magazine boxes. Gold Medal Berger loads feature an advanced boat-tail bullet with a high ballistic coefficient to provide the flattest trajectories less wind drift and surgical long-range accuracy. Should be around 76 or 77 gr but I have seen a few rifle go a grain or two above. JavaScript is disabled. The COAL with the bullet touching the rifling is 3.698" in his rifle. JavaScript is disabled. It may not display this or other websites correctly. 12 elk with 215gr Berger Hybrid Targets out of a 300WM. may i suggest you find some reloader 26..and then never look back. Ballistic coefficients exceed those of comparable . Feb 18, 2021. Learn more about our Return Policy. Part # P300WBCH1. Gold Medal Berger loads feature an advanced boat-tail bullet with a high ballistic coefficient to provide the flattest trajectories, less wind drift and surgical long-range accuracy. Went out this afternoon and tested the 215 grain Berger Hybrid in my .300 Win. It should be a real good shooter when we get it back. We have shot numerous elk with Berger bullets hybrids and otm and only one has made it out of site and that was just over the crest of a hill Not one was shot over 100 yards they have a been in the timber. This ammo will fit in the these rifles- AI AW, Sako TRG, Savage 110, and most of the Remington 700 style rifles with long internal box magazines. Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. These bullets work great with slightly lower impact velocities. The most sought-after bullets among competitors on the Precision Rifle Series are now loaded into the industry's most trusted factory rifle ammunition. Never. I started load development for my 300 win mag with the 215 gr Berger Hybrid and H1000. WSL, Get a Federal Multi-Tool for $2 with ammo purchase. Deer Season XP Copper Impact ammunition combines Winchester's extensive experience into a product engineered specifically for deer hunters. True SAAMI spec 300WM is crippled in comparison to modern 6.5 Creedmoor, either in bullet choice or in seating depth, for any application but taking large game at relatively short ranges. my velocities are higher than most with everything here in Vegas so my speeds are close to 3000fps with 75.5gr out a 29" barrel. Cant believe I found some in stock. I couldn't get H1000 to shoot with heavy bullets, my barrel just didn't like it. That said Berger has since introduced the 215 Hybrid. Thx for the info. We worked with engineers from Springfield Armory to create Custom Shop loads specifically designed for the utmost performance from the new Model 2020 Waypoint rifle. You are using an out of date browser. This is an extremely accurate match grade bullet combined with the Berger Hybrid Hunter projectile with a ballistic coefficient of .533 and a zero accuracy range around 180-200 yards. It may not display this or other websites correctly. of powder and plenty of primers)but wanted to double check with you guys before I order in case one of the other bullets Berger Hybrid Hunter and Gold Medal Hybrid bullets are the newest projectiles to join Federal's Premium line. I'm running 74.5 Retumbo out of a trued 700 action throated for these bullets. Thx for the help all, I'll load a few rounds of 230s and shoot them out to 300m to see what the holes look like and see if they stabilize. I'll be working up a load for a new CA Ridgeline in 300WM and want to start with the 215s for it. Seat them touching or just into the lands and work the charge up to find the max pressure and back off 1 gr. Write A Review. except for Vihtavouri N570 ( should you come across any). If it chambers shoot it. Buy Federal Premium Gold Medal Berger Hybrid 300 Win Mag 215gr Online Federal Premium Gold Medal Berger Hybrid 300 Win Mag 215gr For Sale The most sought-after bullets among competitors on the Precision Rifle Series are now loaded into the industrys most trusted factory rifle ammunition. Bullet exited and bull dropped on the spot. 1. It may not display this or other websites correctly.