All that's missing is the sound of bagpipes (not . The setting was beautiful and our guest raved about the food and how amazing the reception room looked. Definitely ask to get a golf cart to go out on the course to take photos! The gorgeous sunset at the end of the night was the cherry on top!! After booking our date we worked with Silje Karlson to set up our tasting, final details meeting and cake. We were then introduced to our MaitreD for the evening, Mike. We ended up doing a buffet style menu and added a chocolate fountain for dessert option as well. While the venues were gorgeous , we were in contact with Julie and I have to say that based on the fact that she was curt and dismissive we will not be choosing ei We loved our wedding at Ballyowen Golf Club. Working with the staff of ballyowen was a pleasure, they were all very helpful. It was everything that we hoped for and more. We can't say enough about how beautiful our day was and can't thank the team enough for helping pull it all together!! The icing on the cake was how affordable Ballyowen was compared to other venues we inquired about with less than Ballyowens top notch service. eir tables to mingle or wait at the bar or photo booth. One of our guests even said it was the best they've ever had at a wedding. The food was awesome, our pictures turned out gorgeous and the staff made our day better than we could have ever imagined. The morning before my wedding I showed up in a panic with 13 creased table cloths I decided to use last minute. I am giving four stars because my guests had a fantastic time and repeatedly have complimented my husband and I on choice of venue, food, and My husband and I got married at Ballyowen Golf Club, and all I can say is perfection. The package we picked offered a lot including a beautiful wedding cake and other nice touches such as welcome champagne for our guests at the wedding. enough wonderful things about Ballyowen and the service we received there. Warm Regards, Whether East Coast locals, or those from further distances searching for a destination wedding, engaged couples will find that the team at Ballyowen will be ready to accommodate their every desire. Again, OVERALL the wedding was beautiful and we were happy -- the venue is fantastic and really takes care of everything you need to pull off a great wedding -- but there were some stressful times dealing with the room block at CSR. We had such a great night and we feel we got more than we paid for! The staff was incredibly professional and accommodating. $199.00. g and the bridal suite was set up with refreshments and there was always someone popping in to make sure we were okay! All in all, I couldnt recommend Ballyowen more highly. In sum, we were very happy that we chose Ballyowen! With planning a wedding during COVID it was an even more stressful experience but Julie made sure all my questions and concerns were addressed right away. Weeks leading up to the wedding Silje was amazing. The bartenders were also extremely efficient, there was never a line! The color scheme consisted of greens, dusty blues, gold and white. Julie was great to work with (especially through the last year with all the ups and downs regarding COVID restrictions), the venue was beautiful and the food was fantastic. THIS IS NOT THE CASE! Sorry, Ballyowen Golf Club is not available, but let's get you back on track! The setting was absolutely perfect and extras like the fire pit really made our wedding extra special. Weve received endless compliments about how beautiful the venue was, how amazing the food was and how much fun every one had. ays had a drink in our hand, and brought us a huge plate of our cocktail hour foods so we wouldnt miss out. My one piece of advice to brides who book this as their venue---DO NOT DIY your wedding. Our pictures from our ceremony are amazing. Reception Venues Wedding Photographers Catering Bridal Salons Wedding Planners Wedding Cakes Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties DJs Videographers Wedding Rentals Beauty Services Florists Wedding Bands Officiants & Pre-marital Counseling Photo Booths Bar Services Transportation Jewelers Soloists & Ensembles Dance Lessons Decor Invitations Par 72. See below to read testimonials from couples who have made their dreams come true at Black Bear Golf Club. The Bailigh Bluff House accommodates up to 150 guests for yourreception overlookingthe gently rolling fairways of Ballyowen Golf Club and the mountains. Ryan & Christina, stions we had. She was very helpful throughout the entire process while bringing the vision we had for our wedding to life. My husband and I had been concerned that check-in time at the hotel was at 4:00 and our ceremony was at 5:00, and we were told the shuttle bus would only take 2 loops to get everyone to Ballyowen for the ceremony, but Silje kept telling us that is how it is. asses, wild flowers, and towering fringes of trees. I would definitely recommend Ballyowen Golf Club to anyone searching for a venue. Bus Tours. She was always right there taking care of anything anyone needed. The setting and buildings are beautiful for a fall wedding. Our entire team was extremely pleasant to work with, Julie, Silje, and our maitre d, Mike. On weekends, prices start at $55.00 and go to $115.00. Luis was fantastic at making sure the night was running smooth and ensured we were always happy. Thank you Luis!!! It felt like (even though I spent tens of thousands of dollars for that single day), I wasnt entitled to use the space as promised in my contract, that the golfers were the more valued client to the venue. The team members we worked with - Julie Ho We could not have been happier with our wedding at the Ballyowen Golf Club. Jen found them glued both just in case to have options if anything happened to the other. Working with Nicole, the on-site wedding planner was so fun! He genuinely cared about us and did everything he could to make our wedding perfect. Silje took care of My husband and I were married at Ballyowen 9/22/19 and we could not of picked a better venue! I had attended a wedding there many years ago and it made such an impression on me that day that I immediately thought to check it out for our own wedding. So organized, helpful, and no request was too much! Ballyowen Golf Club 4.8 Excellent 54 reviews Hamburg, NJ Visit website $13k - $17k For 100 Guests Up to 150 guests Request pricing About FAQs Reviews 54 Real Weddings 2 Pricing View all 85 About Ballyowen Golf Club is a stunning wedding venue ideally situated in Hamburg, NJ. Some I didn't know about until later when my bridesmaids told me. tail was taken care of. Fit our rustic theme well. There is not one thing I would have changed about the weekend. I could not be happier with every moment of the wedding. We spent the night before the wedding hanging out with all our guests at the pools, which was awesome and relaxing. She was even so helpful the day of the wedding, which we are grateful for! The golf course and the rolling hills are just amazing. I would recommend 100%. Over all it was the best day of my life, and we are so happy we chose this venue to host. Ballyowen Golf Club Paper lanterns hung from the ceiling during the reception, and cast a soft glow on the festivities. We have quite a few foodies in our family who would not hesitate to tell us what they thought and they said it was the best food they've ever had a wedding- they even had lots of vegan options for some of our vegan family members. From the incredible landscape, delicious food, and wonderful service, they truly have it all. He even set up a private cocktail hour for us after our ceremony so that we could enjoy some food. Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. There were so many places for nice pictures, and the food was OUTSTANDING! Our guest raved about the beautiful views, amazing service, and location o Ballyowen is an amazing venue! I never was without a drink, and he prepared a ton of food for us in our bridal suite for after our ceremony so we could have a few minutes alone to eat together before the craziness of the day continued. When the sun began to set, my new hubby and I went out for photos. Outdoor ceremonies of up to 150 attendees can enjoy The Pavilion and flourishing gardens, with the alpine landscape behind creating an unforgettable vision. Our Maitre d' Luis was also extremely attentive throughout the whole night. Silje, the wedding coordinator was very nice to work with, and answered all of our questions along the way! Ballyowen Golf Club 137 Wheatsworth Rd, Hamburg, NJ based Venue + 1 market 1 Recommendation Full Wedding (Ceremony and Reception) Pricing Starting at $11,000 Guest Capacity Up to 150 seated guests View full gallery About This Venue Ballyowen Golf Club is a country club wedding venue located in Hamburg, New Jersey. Discover 5 magnificent venues. Learn More. This golf club is brimming with Celtic inspiration and embodies an old-world design which will make you and your guests feel like you have stepped back in time. When looking at venues, we knew we wanted a beautiful scenic location, somewhere we and our guests would feel at home, a pla Rehearsal Dinner: Black Bear Golf Club Julie, Silje, Luis and the entire staff at Ballyowen Golf Club. Louis is the Maitre'd and is AMAZING!! Whatever "it" was "I think I need ice in my drink or my Aunt Betty is getting a little too tipsy and should probably have a seat for a minute". Luis HANDLED it before we even uttered the words. The ambiance, the food and the staff were all incredible and I'm so glad we chose this venue. 4. Ballyowen was the perfect place for us, and we would recommend it to anyone! The food was incredible, the staff were wonderful, and the wedding was perfect. All of my guests complainer she was awful. Best Maitre D EVER! Our 10/09 wedding was a dream come true all thanks to the staff at Ballyowen. He was always one step ahead making sure we ate, had drinks, giving us a count to walk down the aisle, I cannot say enough about how helpful he was he truly outdid himself!!! Black Bear Golf Club is a slightly larger venue accommodating up to 185 guests. Once the reality took shape, Louis helped in so many ways! A huge stand out for this venue is the service. Julie, Silje, and our matre D Luis were all wonderful to work with. She set up all of my DIY decor beautifully and truly made me vision come to life. I can honestly say I was 100% stress free on the day of my wedding. The reception room has glass doors all around and a patio, a large dance floor and bar, and is wonderfully maintained. We had picked Ballyowen for its setting, and their stations package, which matched our idea of no assigned seats and having a cocktail reception. We had the wedding of our dreams thanks to everyone at Ballyowen!! As a bride, you NEVER stop worrying about everything being perfect. 1. Everything was set up meticulously and beautifully. At our tasting we met Louis our Maitre D' he was so friendly at the tasting Brent and I knew he'd be wonderful the day of the wedding. She was super organized, and always answered emails (even when I asked her 100 questions!). The resort has 3 additional venues to host weddings including the Grand Cascades Lodge, Minerals Hotel, and Black Bear Golf Club. Hamburg, NJ 07419. The beautiful scenery, privacy and intimacy of the venue were exactly what we were looking for for our wedding of 120 guests. Nothing was out of the question and they helped us make sure everything was ready and in place for our big day. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and the seasonal decorations complemented our decor perfectly! My husband and I searched high and low for the perfect venue - not too wedding-factory-like, something rustic and not too over the top, a place that was small enough to be intimate but large enough to be host a big ass party. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Celebrate a milestone event or special occasion and stay with us. Ballyowen Golf Club 35 reviews Claimed Golf Edit Open 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM See hours See all 43 photos Write a review Add photo " " cart " Location & Hours 137 Wheatsworth Rd Courts Spring Resort Hamburg, NJ 07419 Get directions Edit business info You Might Also Consider Sponsored Bowlero Fair Lawn 82 Reserve Your Lanes! All the workers wore masks though, so they care if their worker spreads the disease, but not if they catch it. Ballyowen is a private venue and so romantic. -Crystal springs doesn Ballyowen absolutely blew us away from the moment we saw it! My bridal party got ready there and my new husband and I stayed there 2 nights after the wedding before we went on our honeymoon. Ballyowen Golf Club. Celebrate your special day with a Celtic style country club wedding at Ballyowen Golf Club. Then we met Silje who hands down, made the entire process a breeze. The pavilion, where the main reception All these options had guest minimums that were substantially higher than the guests we realistically wanted to invite and we also didn't want to pay for a headcount if guests couldn't enjoy the venue with us. Everything went great the day/night of our wedding. She let us drop off all of our supplies a week early, and helped with picking out linen colors and other layouts and ideas, and checked in repeatedly on the wedding day. Our wedding day went so smoothly with their help, the venue is absolutely gorgeous if you love rustic glam, and the views were breath taking! Do not overlook this venue, its truly one of a kind. The real MVP of our wedding day was Luis, the Maitre D'. SO BEAUTIFUL. The food was great, the venue itself was clean and gorgeous, and our maitre d Luis was a GEM. Our guests are still raving about the food! She had all of Taylors detailed notes ready to go and not even one minor detail got lost in translation. I cannot express how amazing my experience was with ballyowen! Julie made planning our wedding during COVID as stress free as possible and was always available to answer questions. The Mind Reader at Ballyowen Golf Club Overall Brent and I were completely blown away by the service that Ballyowen was able to provide. Some at the wedding and others golfing. Julie and Lee were both there all day long, attending to all of mine and my bridesmaids needs. We loved every minute planning your wedding. Though, I will say, despite my frustrations, she made sure to take care of everything I asked ahead of time including communicating my food allergies to the chef and the bakery, and helping to pull together the decor in the room to perfectly execute my vision. ied outside in November but the weather ended up being perfect! eally offers an outdoor feel without having to use a tent, which I refused to do. It is exactly what I needed, and also my now husband. Being a bride during this crazy time was super stressful, but Julie was so communicative which helped tremendously. Love, On the day of our wedding, Silje met us at the venue - they had snacks and drinks ready for us in the bridal suite. BALLYOWEN GOLF CLUB ** ADDITIONAL COST * COUNTS AS TWO SELECTIONS ALL MENUS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BALLYOWEN GOLF CLUB AT CRYSTAL SPRINGS RESORT ** ADDITIONAL COST * COUNTS AS TWO SELECTIONS ALL MENUS AE SUECT TO CHANGE plated dinner reception GOLD PACKAGE Everything we had from the cocktail hour through dessert was delicious! We couldn't have been luckier with the weather. y and health protocols very seriously across all of its properties. Our guests had a great time and could not stop talking about how amazing the food was. There's also a restaurant but we weren't able to try it because of a wedding. Ballyowen Golf Club is a stunning wedding venue ideally situated in Hamburg, NJ. There were 10 tables set up inside seating 10 to The course sprawls across 250 acres of rolling farmland that overlooks the Walkill River. BALLYOWEN GOLF CLUB AT CRYSTAL SPRINGS RESORT. :). It was indoors with 150 guests plus workers in a space with a 150 person capacity. Our guests are still raving about the food! ;jean vanderee at crystal springs is very difficult to work with. The staff, however, are what truly made our day unforgettable. Seriously, if you are looking for a rustic yet natural, romantic venue with stellar staff, you must consider Ballyowen. Exchange vows atop beautiful sprawling acres, surrounded by rolling farmland, craggy knolls, plunging quarries, tall wheat-yellow native grasses and plush golf course fairways. Thank you all so much for the best day of our lives <333. The staff set up all of our decor better than I could have imagined! On the big day, Silje and Luis wouldn't leave my side - they were constantly checking in with me and my family and the wedding party to make sure we were all good. our ceremony. Our Maitre D, Laurie, was so attentive. I loved Ballyowen from the start--it has a rustic feel with an elegant appearance. Nicole and Peggy were both amazing to work with and made sure every de From the food to our coordinators, everything about this venue screams wedding! We lucked out and had a beautiful, 72 degree weather day with a sunset that blew me away. ce with easy access to a hotel, and somewhere with outstanding food. Guests are stilling reaching out and telling us how much they loved our wedding. stations. If you are thinking about booking Ballyowen as your wedding venue, just know that they will completely exceed all of your expectations! Julie, Silje & Louis were amazing and super accommodating throughout the whole process! If you are looking for a private and intimate place to get married Ballyowen is ideal. This scenic golf course features a beautiful gazebo that can serve as a romantic location for your ceremony. Wedding Sales Team. All of the other staff working at Ballyowen worked flawlessly as well! Experienced caterers, event coordinators, and bartenders will be made available, eager to make your dream day come to life. Set in rolling farmland and open meadows that resemble an inland Irish links-style course is New Jersey's Ballyowen Golf Club. I didnt even want to look at any other venues and I actually booked Ballyowen without my fianc seeing it. No detail was too small for her. all of the planning and made the transition from planning to reality seamless. hey make me feel like I was asking too much or like I was being too needy. Its a links-style course, so there really is no shade! Silje is amazing and answers every question, and I had a ton! Social Gatherings . Many guests commented how beautiful the flowers were and assumed we paid extr We LOVED having our wedding at Ballyowen! He was so attentive to us. 2. Enjoy a discount on 18 holes of golf as selected, including cart. While we were driving the course, we were chased by a player assistant (an employee of Ballyowen) who immediately began to yell at us for being on the course, despite the fact that we were given the keys by Julie and told we were free to go. The golf course features a plush green fairway, which is a truly picturesque location for sun-kissed photo sessions. THe only complaint I have is that we did not eat enough at cocktail hour. We had drinks all night, water when we needed it and both sets of parents were treated like royalty. My biggest concern the day of was that we had guests staying at Minerals and Grand Cascades and I was worried there would be some confusion with pick up and drops off, but everything went perfectly. Thank you for the wonderful review. The food is amazing! Promising one another that you'll We recently had our wedding at Ballyowen Golf Club. When we had our food tasting, literally everything we tried was delicious that it was so hard to come up with our final menu decisions being that there were truly so many great options. Furthermore, your NJ golf club wedding will be the only one taking place that day, guaranteeing that your special day is just for you. We have to take a star off however for the hotel management and room reservations department. Luis and the waitstaff were constantly checking on us, making sure We were married at Ballyowen Golf Club this summer and it was a dream come true! You will absolutely not go wrong having your wedding here - there is no place and no one better! Their response: "don't worry we've got it." And they did. It didn't hurt that we had a picture perfect day. Ballyowen truly hit the mark. When our band was stuck in traffic and going to be late for our ceremony, Luis dealt with everything and didn't even tell us until our ceremony was over! We got married on 8/1/2020. I truly feel like Julie, Lee and Mike are now family. Plan your wedding wherever and whenever you want on the WeddingWire App. A few tips/comments: held, is enclosed by all glass windows, so throughout the night you continue to see the course and mountains. saved the experience for us in the end but you don't work with her until your last month. I am so close to hiring a lawyer. Overall, the service on the day of was incredible. Wedding Cake & Petit Fours {on each table} Fresh Brewed Coffee & Tea Service. I do not even know where to begin. I felt like I did not have to do anything just show up thanks to Silje and Michael. The driving range includes complimentary balls, and there's a reasonably sized putting green. Julie was our wedding coordinator and did a great job. The magnificent stone Clubhouse and Bailigh Bluff House embody an old-world design, decorated in dark woods and featuring a cathedral ceiling, circular bar and large stone fireplace offering breathtaking mountain views and sunsets. Private Full-Day Santiago City and Wine Tour. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Our guest stayed at Grand Cascades, which helped to set the mood for the entire weekend. We had 40 rooms booked at Minerals, our rehearsal dinner at Crystal Springs Country Club and our post-wedding breakfast in a private room at Minerals.