Interesting to see all the different opinions on what is considered fast and what isn't. OP, congrats to your DD for being in the top 20 at the event. 40 (2) = Second 40-yard dash time per NFL Network coverage 40 (O) = Official 40-yard dash time from NFL Network coverage and NFL.com 10 (1) = First 10-yard split time per NFL Network coverage This is from a coach who has timed 100's over 20 years. If that is the case I would still encourage you to stick with it. 7.0 before training, 6.81 after a month or so. The 20-yard shuttle (or short shuttle) tests an athlete's lateral quickness and change-of-direction ability. Any sprint more than five seconds trains something other than max-speed. In short, yes, you can get the necessary experience and exposure from summer travel if that is the path you choose and choice of HS should not have "strength of baseball program" as a line item that weighs too heavily in the selection process. Last week, when I told a track coach to bring their football coach to TFC-4, the track coach replied, We have a better chance of developing cold fusion.. Since youre herewe have a small favor to ask. 5 years 26-30 seconds I specifically tell him that if its not fun, he shouldnt be doing it. He is too young to join most of the soccer teams( at least in my town) though in couple of months he will be playing in a soccer team. It has been speculated that in his prime, Usain Bolt might have been able to run a sub-4.0 40. Active It has been speculated that in his prime, Usain Bolt might have been able to run a sub-4.0 40. She is running a 6.4 second 40 meter consistently. Division 1 catchers swing the bat well and usually can hit for power or average at a high level OBP: .500 Slugging: .600 (minimum 2 at bats per game) Pop Time: 1.95 and below consistently (verified by a neutral source) ERA below 2.00 Division 2 Height: 6'0" Weight: 180 lbs. As in life, we are trying to be the best version of our self. Another problem that arises in adolescence is the major discrepancy in maturity. | At the high school level, the 40-Yard Dash is usually timed by hand, meaning a person with a stopwatch clocks your 40. So the 14 year old who reportedly runs a 4.4 forty was basically one step behind one of the fastest ever football players of all time. Please contact the developer of this form processor to improve this message. Wind-aided though. Here's some data for you, based on current PG percentiles this year: 2017: a 7.17sixty is the 50th percentile for the class of 2017 this year, 2018: a 7.31 sixty is the 51st percentile for the class of 2018 this year, 2019: a 7.41sixty is the 51st percentile for the class of 2019 this year, 2020: a 7.66 sixty is the 52nd percentile for the class of 2020 this year, 2021: a7.85 sixty is the 50th percentile for the class of 2021 this year. The best we have seen is 81 last year. This improvement was noted immediately after the growth spurt. They said that any 20 yard dash time 3.0 and below was fast. I would expect there to be some improvement gains as one gets older (similar to strength or velocity) but how much is considered typical? According to the ICCs both the 40-yard dash and vertical jump were reliable assessments for all age groups When looking at the CVs, it can be concluded that the 40-yard dash is more reliable than the vertical jump. I think the later bloomers have bigger jumps at the HS ages. I Reckon I Am 11 And I Can Run 32kph in speed not distance. He was at 7.28 to start & with 6 weeks of 1X / week meeting with speed & conditioning coach & doing his "homework," he got to a 7.06. Not once did I pay to play. Im glad I ran across your article, I will make sure to share. 5-10-5 shuttle time 5.129 5.179 5.18 5.257 20 yard sprint 3.013 3.051 3.052 40 yard sprint 5.783 5.671 5.705 3.087 5.687 11th grade 9th grade 10th grade junior high youth player physical measurables averages over 20,000 players measured since 2010 overhand throw velocity 58.37 57.38 58.45 56.25 My assumption is that thereis a significant increase in participants within the same graduation class over time to their Jr year. For . If someone gave you that time seriously both you and them are deluded. He won all the races he ran last Wednesday so I know hes fast I was just wondering how fast he is, once again thanks for the information. If the parent does not understand this, it leaves the youth athlete out in the cold. However, I think it helps his athletic abilities. The 60-yard dash is a short race that spans 60 yards and is most often used in professional baseball. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It will probably be next summer before mine is in the high 6s where things will plane out from there. She sprint trains a few days a week in the off season. Also wanted to add that I spoke to a pro scout recently who said he oncepersonally clocked Ichiro at 3.25 from home to first. Results via Freelap and visual reinforcement are key. Interesting information. These former college players I hired still love the game and they're normally very interested in helping young players with athleticism, desire, and a dream, like they once had. Go to the PG website and look up the teams attending past or upcoming tournaments, and find out which teams or programs are nearby. Chad Lakatos coaches at Edwardsville High School. Glad I wasted my time reading this and some of the other data. In fact Ive seen kids quit and not play in college because theyve been falsely pumped up by athletic enhancement gurus or AAU coaches and when they didnt get a D1 offer they thought lower levels were beneath them. So, either my son is really fast for his age or this times of your son are not really fast? Ive always timed my oldest, whos a girl, once a year just before her birthday. Your supposed time translates to around a 4.1 40 yard dash which would break Deion Sanders . He ran the 6.34 first.the scouts all thought they timed him wrong so they had him run again. You can then take these views & see how it translated to the pro game after they signed by looking at their stats. 1.41 meter long jump 95 sec age 11 90 sec age 12 85 sec age 13 80 sec age 14 75 sec age 15 73 sec age 16. Why don't people run the hundred YARD dash anymore? Im not interested in things that slow you down. I believe then because i ran 5.54 in 40yrds when i was 9 im 14 now and i run 4.4. Participant. Let your kids play sports and enjoy their brief athletic careers. My advice to athletic-minded parents: Teach your kid to sprint. Am I good enough to play college baseball? How good do you have to be? These are two questions that student-athletes ask most. If in fact he trained for a single drill, then he had someone really stupid giving him advice (except for maybe the last showcase when he brought the fastball). My times for the 8th graders ranged from 8.5 down to a 5.21. I have an 8 year old son now and I am trying to not repeat those mistakes with him, but he seems to have a more is better natural mentality. My other point is, I agree with the above points about sensible training schedules and intensity for youth. Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything. Check out the video below to hear tips on how to get recruited from D1 baseball athlete and NJCAA coach Nelson Gord. Average 100 Yard Dash Time by Age If you're a teenager looking to improve your time in the 100 yard dash, you might be wondering how fast you need to run. 400 meter dash: 1:06 I think you have to wait until at least 13-14 to start getting generalizations of a kids athletic potential! Maybe check your tape next time just to make sure you didnt measure 40 feet instead of 40 yards. I didnt believe her so I timed him best of three was 5.68! You are using an out of date browser. I'm guessing a 7 second 40 is not doable for 99% of anyone over 60. 100 meter dash: 13.59 Good luck getting 8 guys to show up for the M95 100 meter dash. Hi, I dont know what to think of this race times that you wrote My son ran 100m race with 4 Years and two weeks for 26 seconds? . Every sprint must be less than five seconds in length. If you see guys running with parachutes behind them, turn around and walk out. The distance from the baseline to the opposite service line is 20 yards. We have been timing 27 for years so my data is now junk for comparison sake. Old 4 year old: 9.0just did this one today. If you don't see that going well then neither will the coach, and your boy won't make the team or he will be the bench warmer until that growth spurt hits. Of course, this is just an estimate. Why? Compensations are adjustments made, often unconsciously, to survive a task. to be fast, you gotta go fast, In fact, Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya achieved this feat in 2019, running a time of 1 hour, 59 minutes, and 40 seconds. I didnt compete against teams from other towns until 7th grade. 2.79 on grasssix foot four. And that is still not understood in the rehab world. He is at a local mid D1, no idea how it's going since he just got there in August. I was curious as to what would be normal and what would be considered fast. 3.9-4.0 you are looking at a 4.9-5.1I ran a 4.46 electronic in high school at the Nike combine and my 10 yard split was 1.50. Its not FA but Im very accurate with a stopwatch. All of these are timed and then I add the times together and the lowest total times are the best athletes on the team. It would be great to speak to you let me know a time that works for you. Without sprint training, soccer breeds horrible sprint mechanics and slow runners. It's cheaper and more fun for the boys. How fast can Usain Bolt run the 40 yard dash? Coach Kim Goss delves into the importance of elastic strength training in helping injury-proof athletes against non-contact lower-body injuries. If you read the fine print on his PG page you would see that his best pop time was from 2013, his best 60 time was from 2015, best FB was from 2016.but when you pull up his page you see he had MANY great numbers, it was impressive, but wow that must have been expensive! Old 3 year old: 10.7 No entrepreneurial coach should put training in conflict with playing multiple sports. Why? Twitter blowing up about 7th grade rankings, Other Softball Gear and Training Tools for Sale. T.J. Kane was a typical athletic kid. DI QB - 6'3" 200 40-4.6 RB - 6'0" 210 40-4.5 The following average times were measured between 2000 and 2012 at the NFL combine for players who played at least 5 games. Age 6 40yd 7.19, LJ 83, Softball Throw 694, Turbo Javelin 2510 (35 yard sprints) What is the average 50 yard dash time for a 12 year old?