George Air Force Base. Hi shirley i go here every other day to check on paranormal activity there and nevrr found nun but i do feel like every time i go someones watching me or just get that creeped out feeling lol but heah please!! One of the few Cold War-era bases with many of its original structures still standing. I had twice gone into the hospital when I spotted unidentified vehicles parked near by. Locals know it as "The Oak Tree." The sprawl of abandoned (and occasionally dilapidated) buildings, dead. The voices werent human? Can you send me it plzzzz!!! Voice your opinion here! and it's really something you have to see and experience. I would love to hear them! i advise you to park in the parking lot at the church or gym and walk over there so security doesnt see your car and bust you. - Author: Matthew Dillon - CC BY 2.0. Urbex is an abbreviation of 'Urban Exploring'. I would love to actually have proof from others, Hey can you email me I live up here and I want to go back again to things happened to me and my family. Foothill Boulevard. Check out my video about the base. Once home to more than 50 displays of freshwater fish. Disclaimer: The stories posted here are user-submitted and are, in the nature of "ghost stories," largely unverifiable. What are some of the most famous abandoned places in Texas? Im going out to George AFB in January for a World War II re-enactment, and thanks to all of these spooky stories, I am REALLY looking forward to it now! Offer subject to change without notice. The ruins of an open-air theater built on this Georgia island in the 1970s. (Submitted by Chris Berglund). The only thing still moving in this town is the eponymous hot spring. ), there's no shortage of creepy places to explore in the Lone Star State. Like Atlas Obscura and get our latest and greatest stories in your Facebook feed. We have decades of witnesses to paranormal activity dating back to the 40's & 50's. Why? One boy, a girl, and a baby. Its fun im really into it. Though people typically associate volcanoes with high angular peaks, sometimes their most wondrous geological contributions lie hidden below our feet. It is now said to be haunted by the ghost of a former mill worker who goes by the name of Bubba. Share Tweet. This should encourage you to seek out other places and realize theres always something more to discover. OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. In 1911, the dam failed and the ensuing flood of water killed 78 people. Even the most seasoned urbexers run the risk of being caught trespassing. Texas is home to a lot of ghost towns, and with forgotten towns comes boarded-up, overgrown, abandoned places and buildings, too. Bottles of wine are frequently moved around, as is furniture in the building. Find museums in Hesperia, MI, Old LaMar Hotel and Horseshoe Bar Building, Thornapple Village Inn Restaurant - Bistro Chloe Elan, The Grand Victorian Bed and Breakfast Inn. Urbex Underground and its parent company do not endorse illegal behavior. How To Find Abandoned Places With Google Maps In 2023, Exploring Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums: A 2023 Overview, The 9 Most Important Urban Exploration Tips And Rules 2023, Caught Trespassing? It used to be a tuberculosis ward for children. Think of this as a resource for what is out there, instead of a map for how to get there. By the . Since then, the city has been abandoned. Even after he retired and his son took over, the Captain still kept up his duties. Bugsy Siegel used to stay here back when the building was still relatively new. Official channel of Virtual Railfan, Inc.Virtual Railfan is the premiere provider for live train cams all over the United States providing live views from so. They have been known to attack people. Years later, during the science fiction boom in literature and film, the monster movie The Monster that Challenged the World (1957)was shot on location of the Salton Sea. Instagram: highdeserthighstrangeness. This is Marfa, Texas, and if you havent made your way to this notorious Texas ghost town just yet, its the kind of place you need to check out. Nearby Haunted Places. This giant temperature attraction created some giant electric bills. One team of investigators picked up an EVP of Once an air force base from World War II to the early 1990's, the area has since been abandoned. This would happen every so often, and repeat offenders we would call in police. Those in the know say Rogers' ghost haunts a practice room that's always cold, and his apparition has been seen through its Back when the building served as a schoolhouse, the ashes of a little girl was buried there. Once a week, a figure would appear and play around my kitchen. The building now occupies 4 apartments. Once J.J. Live Oak Steakhouse and El Cerrito Inn and now Rockefellas Bar, the place is said to be haunted. Also not sure if it was a result of the environmental issues, but there were insane amounts of birth defects, miscarriages, and stillbirths in that hospital I was told by my mother that some women would refuse to go to that hospital when they went into labor(her included, when my sibling was born.). you dont get permission tyler u go and hopefully you dont get caught. youth basketball tyler, tx. Also reported were flickering lights and cold spots. The ghost crosses the street as cars approach, and then disappears. Witnesses say latched closet doors open, hangers move, lights turn on and off, doors are knocked on, footsteps and whispers are heard, pots and pans are thrown or broken, and yelling has come from empty apartments. Can you please email it to me i work on base amd would like to hear my email is cjsteezy1234@gmail.com thank you, Please email it to me too ! Legend has it that she is pining away over a man she loved. No one inside the restroom has seen him, as he seems to vanish after walking in. (Submitted by Callum Swift). Ive decided to share a few places and write about them on the blog. I drive here all the time i love History, Wandering if you know if theres still security out there or not or if you got a number I can call to get an appointment out there, Wendy would you mind me tagging along? Most of the antique stores here are very old and contain a variety of spirits that said to be attached to the items sold here. I saw a figure that looked like a Indian man with a horse. If you've had a paranormal experience here, or have any additional information about this location, please let us know! This is for informational purposes only, 2023 Urbex Underground - WordPress Theme by Kadence WP. A link to a submission page is in the works, and will be up shortly. River Raisin National Battlefield Park, Monroe River Raisin Nation Battlefield Park in Monroe, Michigan In 1812, hundreds of Americans died at the River Raisin Battlefield. (Submitted by Chris Berglund). The last report from the US Geological Survey says that the smell of the Salton Sea is objectionable, unique, noxious and pervasive. The biggest fear regarding the Salton Sea is that it might dry out. Ghosts in the parking garage and the ghost of a woman in the lower parking lot near the Automotive Building. at this point my crew thought i was tripping out and i then pulled my phone out to zoom in and forgot to record!!! Just off 395 is the tiny town of Randsburg and it's worth a stop. 8.5 mi. It was all feelings of evil and I would advise everyone to stay away, as it didnt feel safe. Let's go ahead and explore 6 of the most haunted places in Michigan. Actual Demon face pic @ George air force base. There is something really odd and off about that place but definetly something in there still haunting the grounds enjoy. People claim to feel "presences" and cold spots throughout the town. One of the most famous cases along this road involves a little girl who is seen walking around. Other than George, three other ghosts are said to be here. An abandoned World War II bunker is part of a chain that runs throughout Washington. What happens if you do? Among the abandoned structures are hundreds of homes, a hotel, hospital, barracks, photo lab, and a couple of schools. Located on a lonely stretch of U.S. 90, this is a roadside attraction that's as mysterious as it is intriguing, and just beckons road-weary travelers to stop and investigate. The setting is usually different (not the base) but the setting of the dream always seems to be an abandoned place, with very droll colors, almost out of focusand then SHE pops up. Voice your opinion here! Abandoned trailers at Salton Sea, Marina Beach. The ghosts here are said to include a police officer, a man who died near Carbon Canyon Creek, a woman who stares at the water (who can be found near Brea), and other bloody and decaying figures. Please note: It is your responsibility to acquire appropriate permissions before investigating any location listed on this site. I still randomly have her pop into a dream from time to time. (Submitted by Chris Berglund), An 8 year-old girl named Hanna died here and is said to be found in Room 33. The Salton Sea is what is called a saline sea, meaning that its waters are far saltier than the average amount of salt in the seas around the world. I hope Im not disappointed. See our Dead Malls Guide for more. Among the abandoned structures are hundreds of homes, a hotel, hospital, barracks, photo lab, and a couple of schools. I know there is a park there and what looks like a gym and I have seen people going in, however, like I said, we have been unsuccessful thus far investigating the area. We normally stay around for about 2 hours per investigationnight although we were hoping to extend our time with this hospital. I ofcourse thought it was more kids in there. Many people claim to see "phantom hitchhikers" and other strange phenomena here while driving the area at night. The house became a bed-and-breakfast in 1985. It's said that some of those people still remain and can be found upstairs or in the tunnel connecting it to the Tudor To get to this gravity hill, follow Glen Helen Road until you pass two consecutive railroad tracks. The Barton Mansion, built by Dr. Ben Barton in the 1860s, is a location made infamous in a video shot by a group of paranormal investigators in the early 2000s. Consider supporting our work by becoming a member for as little as $5 a month. The site is now totally abandoned, though a local group of supporters have stitched together some brilliant stories about the place and its people. This 1890s inn is said to be haunted by original builder Henry Richardi, who built the house for his intended bride. At its peak, 1,500 lived here, but after a series of epidemics wiped out a majority of the population, the town was empty. Lacking water outflow causes the Salton Sea not to have a regular natural stabilization ecosystem. . Eventually, after the volcanic eruption ceased, the lava flowed out the end of the tunnel and left a hollow tube in its wake. Sign up for our newsletter and enter to win the second edition of our book. El Evado Road. This temple, built by an eccentric religious leader before his death, sits guarded and in ruins. on the way out we ran into some writings and symbols on the walls that i recognized from my studies and felt them the markings were fresh so urged us to hurry for safeties sake. Once home to a thriving oil industry, this town now sits eerily abandoned. Multiple Class At this site used to stand the Beverly Hotel; reports are unclear as to what stands here now. 11. What else would have a voice? According to locals, the ghostly lumberjack Anderson Cemetery has a legend that explains a glowing headstone. I recently went in the hospital at midnight and felt creepied out and heard noises. When i asked why he informed me that a 31 year old man that had been driving through the area had stopped to ask a couple of teenagers who were walking through if they needed a ride because it was hot and had gone missing. Many urban exploration locations are endangered by either vandals, nature, decay, or demolition. Alot of bad history there believe most of the property is hot with spirits some bad.. Last week something was tossing rocks at us. Famous jockey George Woolf, aka "The Iceman," bought the Derby Restaurant in 1938 but died 8 years later when he was thrown off a horse. The tree covers some old stone ruins which are now heavily covered in graffiti and refuse. Thanks everyone. I go through this abandoned area every sat to get to the gym where my son plays basketball. Here is Killer Urbex's list of the top 25 abandoned places in the United States you need to have on your bucket list. From battlefields to mansions and hospitals, Michigan has a little something for every paranormal fan! Hang around former military sites and youll be joining the spooks. Here is Killer Urbexs list of the top 25 abandoned places in the United States you need to have on your bucket list. So the story goes, a man came to the Morris family home and shot the whole family and the maid, then stole a horse. This location has been a popular teen hangout spot for decades. Columbia Court Apartments is said to be haunted by former residents. Texas staff writer for Only in Your State, blogger for Power of Positivity, and freelance health, wellness, and travel writer. According to both visitors and employees alike, the South Carolina State Museum is one of the most haunted places in Columbia SC. Required fields are marked *. At first glance, St. Leonard's Church in East Hampshire is nothing more than an average (albeit charming) building sitting by a pond. The former Thornapple Village Inn, now Bistro Chloe Elan, has a ghostly legend attached to it. Randirty What do you think? No purchase necessary. Most People Have No Idea This Underwater City In Texas Even Exists, We Dare You To Take This Road Trip To Texas Most Abandoned Places, You Probably Didnt Know The Sinister Stories Behind These 13 Abandoned Places In Texas, It Doesnt Get Much Creepier Than This Abandoned Theater Hidden in Texas, A Mysterious Trail In Texas Will Take You To The Original Mariscal Mine Ruins, Visit The Ruins Of An Abandoned WWI Fort Near Galveston, Texas, Explore The Strange Ruins Of Hot Wells Hotel, An Abandoned Spa And Resort In Texas, Visit These 9 Creepy Ghost Towns In Texas At Your Own Risk. Adelanto, CA (2.3 mi.) The Salton Sea was the inspiration for Curtis Harringtons short, dreamlike film On the Edgefrom 1949. It's a unique little community. Click "thumbs up" if you think its haunted, or "thumbs down" if you think its all just a tall tale. It was a very faint figure outlined I could see rite through it. Here's what 10 abandoned places looked like before they were deserted and how they've since decayed. I would love to hear tje recording if you have it me and my husband just visited. The 1800's Northwood Hotel now houses the bar and grill, which is rumoured to be haunted. These buildings once housed thriving businesses, homes, and attractions, but now we can only speculate about the memories made as nature devours the man-made structures. Witnesses say phones have rung throughout the night, mostly coming from Wave Cove. This historic inn, built in 1835 by Colonel Andrew Mann and believed to have been a stop on the Underground Railroad, is said to be haunted by a Lady in Red. The winery is believed to be haunted by a former owner. (Submitted A tattoo business that moved into the 1891 LaMar Hotel and Horseshoe Bar building reported finding a secret room during remodeling, thought to have been a hiding place for alcohol during the Prohibition. Layer by Layer: A Mexico City Culinary Adventure, Sacred Granaries, Kasbahs and Feasts in Morocco, Monster of the Month: The Hopkinsville Goblins, Paper Botanicals With Kate Croghan Alarcn, Writing the Food Memoir: A Workshop With Gina Rae La Cerva, Reading the Urban Landscape With Annie Novak, How to Grow a Dye Garden With Aaron Sanders Head, Making Scents: Experimental Perfumery With Saskia Wilson-Brown, The Frozen Banana Stands of Balboa Island, The Paratethys Sea Was the Largest Lake in Earths History, How Communities Are Uncovering Untold Black Histories, The Medieval Thieves Who Used Cats, Apes, and Turtles as Accomplices. In an effort to protect some locations, this is by no means a comprehensive urban exploration map. I entered through the door and stopped about a couple ft, when I stood still I heard glass moving but was not on top of any, there was glass behind me, after hearing glass I heard what I thought were footsteps. Winner will be selected at random on 04/01/2023. Built by an accountant with a dream of running a grand resort, this estate has sat spent half a century vacant and crumbling. If youre having trouble finding places near you, check out our guide on finding abandoned places.Have something youd like to add to the urban exploration map? Kalamazoo Civic Theatre is said to be haunted by the ghost they call Thelma Mertz. a week later we planned to go back, but then something came up and we had to reschedule, a few days before the next shoot my buddy calls me to let me know that he refuses to go back! The ghost of a man named George has been seen here; it is said he was an embezzler who either killed himself or was murdered. Upset, he ran out of the store and was struck by a car and died.